Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
Joined
·
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't even believe stories like this and yet, I keep reading them over and over.

And they always have a line in like "then the gun went off" or "the gun discharged".
Hmmm. Magic guns.

A Rock Island man was shot in his lower right leg and ankle when a loaded 12-gauge shotgun, which several people were passing around inside a house and posing with for pictures, discharged and struck him, Moline police said.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/man-shot-as-people-pass-around-loaded-gun/article_369a824a-2f50-11e1-9b15-0019bb2963f4.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,881 Posts
Goofing around with a loaded shotgun?  Very smart.   :-/  They should have the four rules taped to their refrigerator but I doubt that would even help.  Thankfully he didn't kill himself or anyone else in the room.
 

·
That Guy
Joined
·
11,504 Posts
Too bad it wasn't he head.
 

·
In my Happy Place
Joined
·
3,769 Posts
People this stupid will, left to their own devices, kill, injure or maim themselves with a gun, knife, pair of scissors or a rock for that matter. Darwinism it it's finest.
 

·
Grand Poobah
Joined
·
21,170 Posts
Joe, don't you know guns go off all by themselves?
That's why we need to ban them

PandM said:
I can't even believe stories like this and yet, I keep reading them over and over.

And they always have a line in like "then the gun went off" or "the gun discharged".
Hmmm. Magic guns.

A Rock Island man was shot in his lower right leg and ankle when a loaded 12-gauge shotgun, which several people were passing around inside a house and posing with for pictures, discharged and struck him, Moline police said.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/man-shot-as-people-pass-around-loaded-gun/article_369a824a-2f50-11e1-9b15-0019bb2963f4.html
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,574 Posts
You would be horrified if you knew how many people would handle a gun without even being able to tell if it is loaded or not.

I actually rented a place once, and there was a loaded shotgun in it- which I proceeded to unload and put the shells next to the guns so they would be obvious. ANYBODY (clueless) could have picked up that gun, looked down the barrel, and pulled the trigger. Even worse, it was a ski cabin, and if you know the apres-ski scene, it frequently involves copious amounts of alcohol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,029 Posts
GOOD THING THAT THERE WAS NOT A DOG INVOLVED IN THIS OR IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A EPIDEMIC OF CANINE SHOOTINGS
 

·
Walker1847
Joined
·
12,106 Posts
Another felon in possesion of a gun.....
Charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm was Matthew Nazari, 18, of Rock Island. Nazari was being held Sunday in the Rock Island County Jail awaiting bond and additional charges, police said
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
577 Posts
Aquabach said:
Joe, don't you know guns go off all by themselves?
That's why we need to ban them
Just like the cars that go "out of control" sometimes...by themselves.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,029 Posts
Dale Sr. said:
Just like the cars that go "out of control" sometimes...by themselves.
I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY S U V TYPE VEHICLES THAT TAKE OVER AND DRIVE THEMSELVES WITH THE HUMAN BEHIND THE WHEEL AS A PASSENGER ONLY
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,290 Posts
I think when playing idiots either home or away, Mr. 12 Gauge always wins 1-0.
 

·
Uh-oh...
Joined
·
12,524 Posts
M14BULLETTS said:
I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY S U V TYPE VEHICLES THAT TAKE OVER AND DRIVE THEMSELVES WITH THE HUMAN BEHIND THE WHEEL AS A PASSENGER ONLY
Did you forget about those were Fords that jumped out of Park and into Drive by themselves? :)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top