Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
But this
No surprise- do you see the trend? Leaving blue states for red states! What gets me is those people that escape to a red state and then vote democratic in their new state elections!
- But this time it will be different and we'll get it right -

The left' slogan since Stalin.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have to say that I miss my family a bit, but other than that I don't miss anything about NY. My family is thinking about moving out in the next 5 years now that they've seen how amazing things are elsewhere.

1. I can Own a NICE house for under 1,500 per month mortgage in a nice area. For the price my family paid for their home they could have had a mansion out here with a 4 car garage, inground pool, beautiful surroundings, nice neighbors.

2. Beautiful ranges, friendly cops, awesome weather, tons of guns, constitutional carry.

In my opinion NY can either choose to reverse the damage they have caused on the middle class and try to attract professionals and industry, or they can keep pushing NYers out of the state until it's exclusively low income / no income.

Here is my EDC until they catch that I-10 shooter scumbag, I can even bring this into a bank out here without issue!

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
I used to say that if you didn't vote, STFU, you don't get to complain. Things have shifted so much now with the freebies and entitlements, $15 minimum wage, judges who are blind, deaf and dumb...mostly dumb, elected officials who use tax dollars as piggy banks to advance personal agendas and ensure life long jobs for themselves...bla, bla, bla.
At the rate the other guys are buying the votes of immigrants and minorities I'm more comfortable with lower turnouts than I ever was.
Tennessee, one of these days...

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
It's just going to get worse.
But but but... Mayor Deblasio said the more immigrants we take in the richer we are!!

And with min wage now set to become $15/hr and the SAFE act to protect peope NYS is the worker's paradise, no?!

Reactions: Tonto

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Those numbers don't matter.
For every taxpayer that leaves we get 2 entitled welfare recipients!
Democrats will always get elected now
Quite a good point, they are factoring only the Tax revenue potential leaving the state.... it's probably 2-3x worse than what they are calculating.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
nys is a joke , a bad joke . What's even funnier is that most new Yorkers don't know it or could care less . And this is buy no means a new trend .
Most new yorkers just take it as the price to pay for all the "benefits" of living here.

·
Banned
6,368 Posts
I used to say that if you didn't vote, STFU, you don't get to complain. Things have shifted so much now with the freebies and entitlements, $15 minimum wage, judges who are blind, deaf and dumb...mostly dumb, elected officials who use tax dollars as piggy banks to advance personal agendas and ensure life long jobs for themselves...bla, bla, bla.
At the rate the other guys are buying the votes of immigrants and minorities I'm more comfortable with lower turnouts than I ever was.
Tennessee, one of these days...
I have started to consider not voting myself. It has come to the point in NY where no matter who is running, they suck. Whether it is a clueless liberal or a RINO, I don't want either. How do you cast a vote for someone you don't believe in? I just can't stand the thought of voting only for the "lesser of two evils" candidate.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I have to say that I miss my family a bit, but other than that I don't miss anything about NY. My family is thinking about moving out in the next 5 years now that they've seen how amazing things are elsewhere.
Is that a tevor?
Nice setup what state are you in
1. I can Own a NICE house for under 1,500 per month mortgage in a nice area. For the price my family paid for their home they could have had a mansion out here with a 4 car garage, inground pool, beautiful surroundings, nice neighbors.

2. Beautiful ranges, friendly cops, awesome weather, tons of guns, constitutional carry.

In my opinion NY can either choose to reverse the damage they have caused on the middle class and try to attract professionals and industry, or they can keep pushing NYers out of the state until it's exclusively low income / no income.

Here is my EDC until they catch that I-10 shooter scumbag, I can even bring this into a bank out here without issue!

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I have started to consider not voting myself. It has come to the point in NY where no matter who is running, they suck. Whether it is a clueless liberal or a RINO, I don't want either. How do you cast a vote for someone you don't believe in? I just can't stand the thought of voting only for the "lesser of two evils" candidate.
I want to tell you how wrong that is. But I can't.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.