Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Team. Looking for some feedback from 10/22 takedown owners. Would you say the lock up is substantial enough that a red dot could be mounted directly to the receiver (not an added rail, but receiver milled to accept it) and maintain zero? Haven't had my hands on one, but have ideas brewing and figured I'd ask the opinion of the members. Thanks in advance.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Lockup tight. (Heck, the non takedown 10/22 isn't going to win target matches without a ton of expensive tweeks.)
For what the rifle is capable of shooting, a receiver mount is well suited. My TD rifle has remains zeroed with multiple takedowns.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10-4, thanks men. Getting prepared to needlessly murder all sorts of cute adorable wildlife. Got my hunting rifle and shotgun ready to go, thinking about a dedicated 22 for the really cute and adorable stuff.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
matty, if you haven't taken the plunge already, the 10/22 Td comes tapped with a rail ready to mount. And as the gentlemen above mentioned, it'll hold its 0, relatively. I doubt it will be a tack driver but a red dot should be more than effective!

I've been thinking of throwing my bushnell red dot on there

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
matty, if you haven't taken the plunge already, the 10/22 Td comes tapped with a rail ready to mount. And as the gentlemen above mentioned, it'll hold its 0, relatively. I doubt it will be a tack driver but a red dot should be more than effective!

I've been thinking of throwing my bushnell red dot on there
Yup, i know they come tapped with rail, but i have a milling machine and 45 minutes to an hour of free time every week, so i like to try new things in my gun laboratory. I'm also at a weird point in my firearm ownership, when i want a new firearm i know exactly what i want. I passed the point of buying a new rifle, toying with different setups, trial and error and what not, to the point where i know exactly what sling I'll get before i even purchase a new long arm.

·
Registered
225 Posts
OK - here are a few more questions.

I just received my new 10/22 TD. It came with Weaver mounts, apparently for 3/4" tube scopes. A little Google reserach reveals that 3/4" scopes are no longer widely available. Is there an adapter available that will allow me to use a 1" tube on the provided 3/4" Weaver mount?

Next. If I must buy 1" Weaver mount - can I get one that will fit the factory pre-tapped mounting holes on the 10/22 TD receiver?

I'd like to pick up a low- to mid-priced scope that can travel comfortably in the 10/22 TD backpack. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts

I just received my new 10/22 TD. It came with Weaver mounts, apparently for 3/4" tube scopes. A little Google reserach reveals that 3/4" scopes are no longer widely available. Is there an adapter available that will allow me to use a 1" tube on the provided 3/4" Weaver mount?

Next. If I must buy 1" Weaver mount - can I get one that will fit the factory pre-tapped mounting holes on the 10/22 TD receiver?

I'd like to pick up a low- to mid-priced scope that can travel comfortably in the 10/22 TD backpack. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Not quite sure what you're referring to as the "weaver mount". If you're referring to the rail on the top of the rifle, it comes tapped with 4 holes and a standard weaver rail. There is no need to replace this rail. Any weaver scope rings will work on this. If you're referring to the scope rings, then you can't make one set work for any other size, just buy another set for $20.

ETA: Just an added note, the mount that comes with the 10/22s works with both Weaver rings and 3/8 dovetail rings, but Weaver rings are far more common.

This is the rail I'm referring to:

Reactions: grifhunter

·
8,061 Posts

Thanks in advance!
I mounted a nice 1" Bushnell 3x 9 on my factory supplied bases. I don't think your assumption is accurate.

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
I mounted a nice 1" Bushnell 3x 9 on my factory supplied bases. I don't think your assumption is accurate.
If I recall, the 10/22 doesn't ship with rings, only a base, so I'm not sure where he's getting 3/4" scope rings from.

Reactions: dank27

·
Avoiding the ban hammer!
17,259 Posts
Yup, i know they come tapped with rail, but i have a milling machine and 45 minutes to an hour of free time every week, so i like to try new things in my gun laboratory. I'm also at a weird point in my firearm ownership, when i want a new firearm i know exactly what i want. I passed the point of buying a new rifle, toying with different setups, trial and error and what not, to the point where i know exactly what sling I'll get before i even purchase a new long arm.
Want to thread a barrel for a M15x1?

·
8,061 Posts
If I recall, the 10/22 doesn't ship with rings, only a base, so I'm not sure where he's getting 3/4" scope rings from.
He thinks its a tip off mount probably. I believe it may work with both 1" rings and old school tipoffs.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
If you are mounting on the receiver go with Leupold base and ring the ones on my 10/22 have been spot on for atleast 10 years and 1000s of rounds. And haven the base ability to adjust for windage before using the turrets is a plus.

http://www.midwayusa...=ProductFinding

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.