Long Island Shooters Forum banner

10/22 Tacticool Suggestions

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  PaulC2287 
#1 ·
I'd really like to tacticool my Ruger 10/22. I see there are the Tapco and Archangel conversion kits available however, I'd like to hear about (and see!) what you guys did...

Any preference to either or perhaps there are others that I am unaware of? Optic of choice? Not looking to break the bank on the total conversion and would love to get feedback and see pics...

Thanks

#3 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Archangle kit have a bayonet mount on it?

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had a 10/22 and installed the Archangel kit on it. Kit was of very high quality and I loved to shoot it. You have to pin the stock though, which takes 15 minutes or less. Good fit and finish, and you can mount any AR accessories on the rails.
I sold the gun to another member here who later contacted me telling me he LOVES the gun and would have even paid more for it.

Attachments

#15 ·
Good question. I have (in CT obv) a few New Butler Creek 25 round mags. No where on the mag is there a date stamp (I just checked). I also have one old old Butler Creek preban mag that I got to use in NY when I bought the rifle years ago. As far as I can tell, discoloration is the only indicator of age, nothing concrete or distinct markings.

#14 ·
Seems like Troy is also having production issues with these... From their site:

Due to a dramatic increase in orders, it has become difficult for us to estimate delivery times for all of our Troy products. Because of this we are not showing stock status and delivery times on our website. We are continuously increasing production and we are shipping products as they become available according to the dates the orders were placed.

Orders placed on the website will ONLY authorize the credit card used for the amount of the order, it will not be charged. Orders will be charged ONLY when products are ready to be shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Please feel free to call us or email at sales@troyind.com for more information. Thank You

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.