Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new licensee, I called Alan at Suffolk Sportsman on the recommendation of a friend in regards to a G19 in mid-October.. Alan was very patient and courteous as he quoted me a price for a G19 Gen 4... When I got there, however, Alan discovered that he did not have the G19 without the Glock night-sights. He quickly said he would make it right, and gave me a great deal on the G19 with tritium night-sights.. I was extremely pleased for my first buying experience, as I have heard horror stories of how many other shops treat you. Alan remained with me throughout the sale and made sure I walked away happy... +1

This past weekend, I decided it was time to add something new to my collection.. I originally was looking at a Ruger SR40c, but due to the lack of aftermarket accessories I could find for it, I decided to look into the S&W M&P40c instead. I stopped in at Suffolk Sportsman on Saturday, and was pleased to find that he had the M&P in stock. Unfortunately for me, I did not pick up a purchase doc from SCPD before my visit, and since SS is closed on Mondays, I will have to wait until Tuesday to pick up the gun.

My experience this past Saturday was just as positive as my first.. This time around, however, there were quite a few more customers in the shop when I arrived.. Alan once again took care of me in a very professional manner, and I was quite pleased. Now, I can't wait until Tuesday comes to pick up my new toy.

I'm new to the sport - so I am easily intimidated going into a store and asking questions.. Alan has been extremely professional and patient each time.. I would not hesitate to go to him in the future for anything I was looking for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
artburg said:
What was the "great deal" you got on the Glock 19 with
night sights?
I know what the sights cost aftermarket if you were to buy them later -- he met me halfway between what he quoted me originally, and the price of the sights. Fair enough, in my book.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I've purchased many firearms from Suffolk Sportsman over the last 2 years.  Always a positive experience.  Congrats on the G19.  That was my first pistol also.

·
Gun Enthusiast
1,040 Posts
Picked up my Neos today and I couldn't be happier with the whole transaction.  Alan is a gentleman, indeed!  Suffolk  Sportsman definitely recommended!:hotstuff

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can say that Suffolk Sportsman is a top notch place. Alan helped me with getting my license and explained me the process.

Coming from a Red State to here, I was shocked at the process (it's retarded) - all the pistol license process does is create red tape, make money for the cops, and makes it hard for honest people to own guns.

But anyway, I started shopping at SS this year as I got back into guns... Picked up a Springfield Range Officer, Beretta CX4, Mossberg shotgun, transfer on a Sig, and bought a ton of equipment and ammo...

never had a problem with these guys, they are awesome and I'll keep coming back. Honest and friendly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.