Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to South Shore Sportsman for the first time today.  After waiting for what felt like an eternity for the pistol license to come I was in the market to purchase a 1911.  I first spoke with Stan.  He was extremely helpful and showed me all the guns I requested and made some suggestions as to what I may like.  I told him I needed tho think about it a bit.  Stopped back in about half an hour later.  The store was busy and when it was my turn I spoke with Stan again.  Told him what I was interested in and he asked another salesman who really knows 1911's to give me a hand while he finished up some paperwork.  I'm embarrassed to say I forgot the gentleman's name (not Mike though) but he was excellent.  We discussed everything from the guns history to the several manufacturers of the current 1911's.  Once I bought the pistol he even gave me a refresher course on field stripping the firearm.  From the moment my friend and I walked in we were treated with respect and consideration.  I would highly recommend South Shore Sportsman.

·
Sharp Shooter!
414 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition. Looks like your paperwork made it past the Lieutenant's desk!

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
A good store is just that . . . . a good store. ;)

Glad they did well for you and congratulations on your new handgun too!

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Were you there around 3:30? I walked in and think I may have seen you and your buddy.

The other salesman there was Mike P, but not Mike the owner. Between Mike P, Stan, and Anthony, I believe you've got more combined 1911 knowlege than any other shop within a hundred miles.

So ... what did you end up walking out with ??

Oh ... and one more thing ...

:pics2:pics2

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rustystick said:
Congratulations on your new addition. Looks like your paperwork made it past the Lieutenant's desk!
It sure did! I got the license Thursday and went down to PLB for a purchase doc Friday morning.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T.Webb said:
Were you there around 3:30? I walked in and think I may have seen you and your buddy.

The other salesman there was Mike P, but not Mike the owner. Between Mike P, Stan, and Anthony, I believe you've got more combined 1911 knowlege than any other shop within a hundred miles.

So ... what did you end up walking out with ??

Oh ... and one more thing ...

:pics2:pics2
Yeah I was there around 3:30 and with a buddy.

I wound up getting a 5" barrel Kimber Stainless II. I'm going to take pics in a few minutes :)

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Congratulations. I really like the Kimber lineup. And I didn't want to deter you from the Colt, but I believe the Kimber is more gun for the money.

But, watch out, they're addictive, and sometimes manage to reproduce all on their own. Your only clue will be the dwindling bank account. ;)

·
Husband, Father, Chef, Gun Guy
1,359 Posts
nice, I just got my first pistol from Stan a few weeks ago.  Everyone in that store is extremely helpful without the gun store "I'm better than you " attitude I have felt in a few places.  I am definitely an exclusive shopper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.