Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having some trouble with my Henry recently when the lever started feeling "rough" when chambering rounds. I was also getting a lot of FTF/FTEs. I'm pretty religous about cleaning it and do it according to the owner's manual which tells you NOT to take anything apart (the action in particular) so I had no idea what the problem was.

I brought it to Mike at South Shore (where I bought it) and I'm happy to say Mike and Anthony took a good half hour of their time in helping me find out what the problem was. The personal service was excellent. It turns out there was sand in the action and Mike explained that one grain is enough to screw up the extractor. I asked him how it even got in there and he said a good breeze would do it. Unfortunately, during cease fires actions have to be open and the gun off the table so I guess the wind was the reason (I've never dropped the gun on the ground).

I'm glad the problem was so easily fixed because I wasn't into having my baby shipped back to New Jersey for an overhaul. Thanks for the learning experience guys. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me out. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I love that place.  The only thing that sucks about going there is fighting the temptation of buying something substantial every time I walk in.  I think I was there at the same time if you were there Saturday.  Anthony knows I want to buy a 1911.  I was there for something else but he could not resist putting a SIG in my hand.  Bastard!!! :)

·
Husband, Father, Chef, Gun Guy
1,359 Posts
dabigcattt said:
I love that place. The only thing that sucks about going there is fighting the temptation of buying something substantial every time I walk in. I think I was there at the same time if you were there Saturday. Anthony knows I want to buy a 1911. I was there for something else but he could not resist putting a SIG in my hand. Bastard!!! :)
+1 Every time I gon in there for ammo, solvent, targets, whatever it may be, Stan rolls out those dang mats and starts interesting me!

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
PaulyFu223 said:
+1 Every time I gon in there for ammo, solvent, targets, whatever it may be, Stan rolls out those dang mats and starts interesting me!
Yep. I've been caught up by "Stan the Mat Roller" on more than one occasion. ;) ;)

·
12,115 Posts
Lovemyglock said:
I was having some trouble with my Henry recently when the lever started feeling "rough" when chambering rounds. I was also getting a lot of FTF/FTEs. I'm pretty religous about cleaning it and do it according to the owner's manual which tells you NOT to take anything apart (the action in particular) so I had no idea what the problem was.

I brought it to Mike at South Shore (where I bought it) and I'm happy to say Mike and Anthony took a good half hour of their time in helping me find out what the problem was. The personal service was excellent. It turns out there was sand in the action and Mike explained that one grain is enough to screw up the extractor. I asked him how it even got in there and he said a good breeze would do it. Unfortunately, during cease fires actions have to be open and the gun off the table so I guess the wind was the reason (I've never dropped the gun on the ground).

I'm glad the problem was so easily fixed because I wasn't into having my baby shipped back to New Jersey for an overhaul. Thanks for the learning experience guys. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me out. :)
Real nice post. Ya know, I gotta tell ya ... fer a dumb broad you're one real classy dame.

·
12,115 Posts
Aquabach said:
T Webb is the Cary Grant of LIF
Jeff, that was my Sinatra impersonation. You get in, you compliment the broad and you get out. That way no one loses an eye. Oops. Sorry Sammy. (Ubiquitous Sammy Davis Jr reference).

If I was Cary Grant, I'd say "glocky ... Glocky ... Glocky".

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Lovemyglock said:
It turns out there was sand in the action and Mike explained that one grain is enough to screw up the extractor. I asked him how it even got in there and he said a good breeze would do it.
A breeze?
Or it could be that when you go up to check your targets sand is mysteriously introduced.
Did you even wonder what I was doing with that shovel and funnel?

:donald

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PandM said:
A breeze?
Or it could be that when you go up to check your targets sand is mysteriously introduced.
Did you even wonder what I was doing with that shovel and funnel?

:donald
Ah ha! "You checking your target Joe?" "Nah. I'm good. You go ahead."

Keep an eye on that Sako buddy. :whistle

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
artburg said:
I was thinking more like Rock Hudson
. . . . Whowoooo boy!

. . . . everybody is bored again! lol

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
So glad that Henry's better.
Sucks when our friends are sick doesn't it.

Dov

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
psydaddy said:
So glad that Henry's better.
Sucks when our friends are sick doesn't it.

Dov
Thanks doctor. He's just like new again. :) Next time I take him out to Calverton I'm going to wrap a bandana around him during cease fires. It may not be 100% but it'll be better than nothing. That tip came from our friend Aquabach. Thanks Jeff. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.