Long Island Shooters Forum banner

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Custom Jewelry

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Uvbnaxed 
#1 ·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ Custom Jewelry

I ran into something today I think many readers will be interested in. I was driving over to my local gun shop to pickup some ammunition and as usual listening to a conservative radio talk station. When I tuned in The topic turned to the Greek saying Molan Labe.They related how a local designer and master jeweler, who happens to be a strong 2nd amendment supporter, thought up the idea of this line of jewelry displaying the Greek Molan Labe. The jeweler, Michael Oetting, created the rings and dog tags you see here.

Keep in mind these are works in progress and not the finished product
Shortly after Michael designed these pieces he was talking with a local firearms instructor about his new designs as a way for second amendment supporters to show where they stand. The instructor was impressed with what he heard and saw and ordered a ring for himself and a pendant for his wife. The instructor, Tim Oliver, appeared on the Saturday morning radio show "Gary on Guns". Gary Nolan, who host the show, and some of the staff ordered pieces of Michaels Molan Labe jewelry after seeing Tims ring there in the studio. Things spread from there and along with the radio coverage things started moving along. Shortly after the phone at Tuckers Fine Jewelry starting ringing and orders starting coming in. That's how this started with one mans passion for the second amendment and an idea. After hearing the story I detoured to Tucker's Fine Jewelry to talk with them and get some photos of this new jewelry. After my visit I knew I wanted to pass this story along to our readers.

What Michael came up with is the pictured ring and dog tag. Of course it has the profile view of the Spartan soldier with Molan Labe in Greek around the edges. You have a choice of the ring, dog tag or a fairly good size coin. They can actually make one to the size you specify.
Now for the prices: The solid silver dog tag is $125. They have three sizes of ring which are small medium and large. The large ring is solid silver as are all of the other sizes. There's no open back on this one the weight is near ¾ of an ounce of silver on the large ring. The cost of the large Molan Labe ring is $175. The prices decrease depending on the ring size.

There is always the option of choosing the precious metal of your choice. If you like they can make any of these in gold. They can also give you an estimate over the phone should you want one in gold.
Each ring is made to order by hand. The time frame right now is a few days. They started this about a week ago and orders are really starting to increase. They've had several orders from out of state and have no problem with providing service to customers out of the area.
One thing I want to emphasize is the items pictured are still in the process of being made. You get the idea of what they look like from these works in progress.

I really like these designs as well as the quality. I'm getting the large ring and look forward to wearing it. As I said I thought this would be something readers would be interested in and I wanted to share it with you. Should you decide to call the contact information is listed below. Just tell him you heard about it on TFB!
Contact information:

Tucker's Fine Jewelry
100 N. Providence Rd.
Columbia, Mo. 65203

573-817-1310
www.tuckersfinejewelry.com http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/10/13/μολων-λabε-custom-jewelry/

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.