Say someone had a a registered lower under NYS Unsafe Act as a Evil assault weapon and a 10.5in barrel for an AR and they added a 5.5in muzzle break to that barrel for a total of 16in would it be legal? or would it be a SBR? Would the Break have to be pinned?
So lets say hypothetically you take your unSAFE compliant AR to PA.
When there you convert it back to back to the way it should be ..... for fun lets say pistol grip & collapsible stock instead of an FRS.
Are you in deep crap???
I've got someones ear, what do you think about these ideas...
1. Change the application fee from $10 to $100-200 for improved processing on the order of 60-90 days vs 9-12 months
2. Change the amendment fee from $5 to $10-20 and get purchase docs from ANY precinct (serial # check and new card...
1.The individual has a valid NYS Pistol license issued in Suffolk County, NY
2. Individual does not yet own a 1911 firearm in any caliber
3. Individual bought a GSG 22LR conversion kit in late 2013 in anticipation of one day owning a 1911
4. GSG Kit contained a threaded barrel with...
Tell me what you think of this hypothetical situation from an ethical standpoint.
You take your new father in law (who lives elsewhere but was in for a visit) to the range. You bring a handgun you had been trying to sell and takes a fancy to it. He likes it so much that you ask if he wants it...
1) Can a private individual sell a C&R eligible long gun to an FFL03 licensee without a backround check?
2) Could an FFL03 licensee purchase a C&R eligible long gun at a LGS without a backround check?
Three calls with three differènt answers from NYS Police........
Say you have to stop/disable a vehicle approaching for whatever reason. Short of shooting the driver (and tires are smaller targets, you have limited time), what kind of round would be effective to an engine block aside from the ole 50BMG
Would something in the range of .308 or 30-06 do it?
This topic may have been discussed, and I may have missed it. So here goes again:
Not being a legal scholar, or even close to one, I've been thinking about a hypothetical court decision.
The way the SAFE legislation is written the court can easily strike the registration requirements, Internet...
So let's say there is a husband, wife & adult child living in the same house.
Each of them own firearms [legally]
IF the "authorities" were to come looking for one of them would they grab all of the f/a's in the house?
How about separate storage, would that matter??
What other steps can be taken...
Here's a hypothetical question (because this is an open forum) Let's say you purchased 2 of the 80 % complete lower receivers about 2 years ago and completed the build. Everything was done legally according to the ATF. You know this because you checked with ATF along the way, before and after...