LIF is a CMP Affiliated Organization for Club members - How to become a Donated / Club Member - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

LIF is a CMP Affiliated Organization for Club members

lif is cmp affiliated organization for club members

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nedbal

nedbal

win support for firearms - train a new shooter

• Club LIF Member
  • 1688 posts
  • LocationFreeport R&R is my closest range, great place

Posted April 20 2014 - 10:24 AM

While browsing the Appleseed forum one thread was about CMP receiving a container (1000 cases ) of 22lr and another is expected. While these are already sold and the wait is like a year for the great prices, I looked into how to get on the list.

I now thank LIF for going the extra step and being registered as a CMP Affiliated Organization for Club members. And And sending the from needed for CMP with the new club membership package w/o asking for it.

http://www.thecmp.or...eligibility.htm

Membership in CMP Affiliated Organization: You must provide a copy of your current membership card or other proof of membership. This requirement cannot be waived. The CMP currently has over 2,000 affiliated organizations located in many parts of the country.

Freeport R&R is also listed, and I'm certain if I contact the right people I could get the form from them or to sign off on the form CMP provides.. I can't say I recall any mention of cmp when I signed up the other year as it appears everyone is officially in the BIG or Junior club? There is no mention of CMP on any links or affiliates page on the big - little - Junior sites I can find. hint !

non political firearms post
  • The Architect and SOUTHSHOREROB like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 vmtcmt

vmtcmt

Uh-oh...

• Established Member
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationRychia

Posted April 20 2014 - 10:54 AM

I've had a case of Aguila .22LR on order from the CMP for over a year. I got the email about two weeks ago that they got the first 1000 cases, and have something like a 7000 case back order. On 4/9/2014, I got an email from them asking if I will accept a $45 price increase. Considering the wait, the lack of availability of .22LR, and that it works out to less than $0.01/rd, of course I immediately responded to accept the increase. Haven't heard anything since.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you order .22LR form the CMP now, expect a long wait. Like over a year or more. Don't be surprised if the initial price is not final price. You will still have to be a member of whatever club qualifies you to purchase from the CMP when you place the order this year, next year, or possibly beyond.

ETA: I placed the order 3/18/2013
  • Edward_Blake and SOUTHSHOREROB like this

#3 vmtcmt

vmtcmt

Uh-oh...

• Established Member
  • 12524 posts
  • LocationRychia

Posted April 22 2014 - 09:21 PM

Just got the email at 7PM tonight that my order shipped.
  • SOUTHSHOREROB likes this

#4 bigbore44

bigbore44

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 3948 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 22 2014 - 10:08 PM

Can you feel the sense of anger in the force towards you? LOL!

Congrats!

#5 ChiBurger

ChiBurger

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1184 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted April 23 2014 - 12:06 AM

TheArchitect
I lost my letter, would it be possible to get another one?

I now thank LIF for going the extra step and being registered as a CMP Affiliated Organization for Club members. And And sending the from needed for CMP with the new club membership package w/o asking for it.

#6 carguy110

carguy110

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2779 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted April 23 2014 - 12:25 AM

To all people reading this thread....

Take advantage of the CMP while it lasts. The wait times for M1 Garand's is increasing and some say there is only a few years of surplus left to sell. M1 Carbines are limited and far between; you will only see them on CMP Auctions and they sell in excess of $1000 for a rack grade rifle. With the Garands, you get a "Service Grade" Springfield Armory for $625 shipped to your FFL. Current wait times are about 4 months from the time the CMP accepts your mail your order until the CMP ships.

Never shot a Garand? Ill bet you $20 you wont be able to wipe the smile off your face after hearing that *pingggg* after letting loose eight 30-06 rounds.

Here is a good forum to check out: http://forums.thecmp...display.php?f=7
  • SOUTHSHOREROB likes this

#7 Jimco10391

Jimco10391

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 71 posts
  • Locationnassau

Posted June 19 2015 - 01:53 PM

Take advantage of the CMP while it lasts. The wait times for M1 Garand's is increasing and some say there is only a few years of surplus left to sell. M1 Carbines are limited and far between; you will only see them on CMP Auctions and they sell in excess of $1000 for a rack grade rifle. With the Garands, you get a "Service Grade" Springfield Armory for $625 shipped to your FFL. Current wait times are about 4 months from the time the CMP accepts your mail your order until the CMP ships.

Never shot a Garand? Ill bet you $20 you wont be able to wipe the smile off your face after hearing that *pingggg* after letting loose eight 30-06 rounds.

Question What is the right version or does it matter to buy for the first time I am a complete newbie on the Garands and want to purchase the right one the first time before that bug may or may not bite me and I don't purchase any more

#8 Hunter6874

Hunter6874

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3229 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Aquabach.

Posted June 19 2015 - 02:06 PM

You have to be a club member to purchase from them.

#9 SOUTHSHOREROB

SOUTHSHOREROB

Playing the corners

• Banned
  • 3902 posts
  • LocationSOUTH FARMINGDALE NY

Posted June 19 2015 - 02:12 PM

I just might take you up on that .... I been putting it off long enough :)

#10 carguy110

carguy110

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2779 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted June 19 2015 - 05:34 PM

I just might take you up on that .... I been putting it off long enough :)

It's funny you mention that. I thought about getting another last week. They've gone up $100 in price for service grades and now you don't have a selection between SA and HRA; it's whatever is available now. The stockpile is starting to dwindle.

#11 vfrday

vfrday

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 130 posts

Posted June 19 2015 - 06:18 PM

do you have to be a donated member to recieve club affilation letter?

#12 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 19 2015 - 06:30 PM

do you have to be a donated member to recieve club affilation letter?

No you you have to be a club member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lif, is, cmp, affiliated, organization, for, club, members

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users