Short Hills Murdering Car-Jackers Long Rap Sheet - Page 6 - Out of State Crimes - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Short Hills Murdering Car-Jackers Long Rap Sheet

short hills murdering car jackers long rap sheet

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 Gman86

Gman86

Noncompliant

• Established Member
  • 2068 posts
  • LocationPatchogue

Posted December 24 2013 - 12:41 AM

So we abandon due process and convict them on the basis of their prior crime?

as someone who was framed on the basis of having made a mistake 2 years earlier and having a DUAI on my sheet, I am extra wary about that, but it happens. A guy might have robbed a bank, done his time, and this time the pillowcase in his pocket might be because he took in his change, or he might have a ski mask because his face is cold. One of the problems you get if you screw up, is a big target painted on your back.

I want to make sure a person is guilty of what he is charged with, regardless of priors.

Well no, we abandon due process and convict them because there apparently is video of them shooting a man in the face in front of his wife.

I am saying that if they are guilty, then that's it, game over.
  • Aquabach, FULL METAL JACKET, MetalHead and 1 other like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#102 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7945 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted December 24 2013 - 12:44 AM

Fail. All judges in NYS are elected. The governor then appoints county-level Supreme Court judges to serve on the Appellate Division and Court of Appeals. If they don't get re-elected as Supreme Court judges, they lose their job entirely. Do you live in Suffolk? Judge Catterson, the former DA's son, lost his seat on the Appellate Division last November because he lost his Supreme Court election.

s

Fail. You are confusing judges appointed from Supreme Courts to temporarily sit by designation by the Governor. Standard Court of Appeals and AD justices are nominees and not running to keep their jobs. They can't even be politically active.

#103 r.4oofer

r.4oofer

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 3453 posts
  • LocationShirley

Posted December 24 2013 - 12:53 AM

When Bernie Goetz shot those poor misguided children on the Subway crime dropped somewhere like 40% for the 2 weeks until he turned himself in.

For all you concerned taxpayers worried about the cost of incarceration and/or frying the POS. We need to change the laws regarding appeals so it doesn't cost us millions. We need to change the prison system to run like Sheriff Joe runs it in Arizona: No coffee. No Cable TV. Baloney sandwiches,Tent cities with barbed wire and mine fields.
You don't like it? Then don't rob people!

And No gyms. You want exercise? Make little rocks out of big rocks or ride this stationary bicycle for 12 hours a day generating electricity to lower our electric bills.

NO GYMS? what you mean you don't want bigger stronger faster savages?? well now thats crazy talk.

Edited by r.4oofer, December 24 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#104 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 11497 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted December 24 2013 - 12:56 AM

I see more and more why they call us sheeple the political powers are leading us like lambs to the slaughter with these gun laws.

Spoke to a couple of anti's and said in the conversation about the poor bastard from short hills how he was unarmed and had no chance. Their replied "you don't know if he could have used it before they killed him."
My answer was simply " he had one he might have had a chance to but since he did he had no chance and died helpless."

Then I remind these two dip shites about the phone call they made to my wife a day or two after Sandy asking if they could borrow a shotgun or something cause their neighbors where getting rodded. They looked down at the ground and walked away.
  • grifhunter, Objectivist and Big Dog Arms like this

#105 Interlude

Interlude

The Bacon of Truth

• Banned
  • 2252 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 10:37 AM

s

Fail. You are confusing judges appointed from Supreme Courts to temporarily sit by designation by the Governor. Standard Court of Appeals and AD justices are nominees and not running to keep their jobs. They can't even be politically active.

Oy, you're not getting it. Here, let Wikipedia explain.

Justices of the Appellate Division are chosen by the Governor from among those elected to the State Supreme Court. A justice does not have to have been elected from one of the judicial districts within a department to be appointed to the Appellate Division for that Department, although the Presiding Justice and a majority of the total number of justices are to reside within the department. They serve at least five years, or until the completion of their 14-year elected terms, or reaching the constitutional age limit of 70, beyond which the governor may choose to reappoint them for up to three two-year terms.

In any event, this is a distraction. I guess the bottom line is that you trust the government to kill people and I don't, regardless of what fancy dressing they put on it.

#106 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7945 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted December 24 2013 - 10:45 AM

Oy, you're not getting it. Here, let Wikipedia explain.In any event, this is a distraction. I guess the bottom line is that you trust the government to kill people and I don't, regardless of what fancy dressing they put on it.

Where does it say there that they run for re-election to keep their jobs.? All it says is they are nominated from a pool of Supreme Court (trial level) Justices. If they don't run for re-election they are not responsive to the politics.

I don't trust assemblymen, congressman, senators or presidents at all. I trust civilian juries and learned appellate judges, and DNA science and video.

I you don't want the government to have the power over live and death, do you oppose the police having guns?

#107 Interlude

Interlude

The Bacon of Truth

• Banned
  • 2252 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:02 AM

Once their underlying elected terms end, they have to be re-elected to continue to serve on the AD.

That whole premise is flawed, since the only people who vote for judges specifically are lawyers. Everyone else just votes down party lines, so whatever party is dominant in a particular county basically just gets to pick from among their party hacks who will be on the ticket. Most of NYC is like that since the Democrats dominate so heavily. Since they don't have to deal with a competitive general election, they have to be political as hell in towing the party line, kicking money to the party leadership, etc. to get the nod.

Of course the police need guns for self defense, just like anyone else. They probably ought to be more highly trained and disciplined, but that's another ball if wax. There is a difference between agents of the government enforcing laws being able to protect themselves and state sanctioned murder.

#108 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4964 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:03 AM

A bullet in the head ain't that expensive.

rope is more easily re-used.
  • Aquabach and FULL METAL JACKET like this

#109 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:15 AM

Most dangerous of all are the video and DNA databases. Why? The guy in the video has mutton chops, then three weeks later they find a guy robbing an ATM that has mutton chops- viola! Here's your guy! Show the jury the video! Never mindthat the jurors could hae convicted Samuel L Jackson just as easily.

DNA is accurate to one in ten thousand, OK that's well beyond "reasonable" doubt- unless you used a DNA sample from the crime scene to return six hits from the database and prosecuted the first guy who did not have an alibi- who happened to be sleeping a drunk off under a bridge that night.

That poor SOB has not a snowballs' chance in hell of an acquittal when the jury hears the DNA evidence that says he's 99.99% guilty.

I am content in taking the extra risk to my safety to ensure everyone is afforded due process,and even then some innocent people get convicted. Could a killer walk free and kill again? Sure. But I believe I innocence until proven guilty. And all of the protections afforded the accused under the law.

Now keeping them in prison, that is a whole different issue. I believe we send people to prison too easily initially, "contaminating" them with prison culture. And let them out too easily. But then again- to have control, you have to offer a reward, like early release, to incentivize behavior, and also to separate those willing to work to reform from those who re not.

Los of tough choices.

#110 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:24 AM

This thread makes me want to start a Stop & Frisk discussion :popcorn

#111 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted December 24 2013 - 12:18 PM

rope is more easily re-used.

use sisal or better yet hemp and it,s green!
Al Gore will fly around in his private jet to promote it then.

#112 Big Dog Arms

Big Dog Arms

Big Dog Owner

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member
  • 419 posts
  • LocationRoscoe,NY-Merrick,NY-Downsville,NY

Posted December 24 2013 - 01:19 PM

:-)

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#113 rustystick

rustystick

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 414 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 01:51 PM

what happened to the 3 strikes rule?

Exactly.

#114 Interlude

Interlude

The Bacon of Truth

• Banned
  • 2252 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 02:08 PM

Exactly.

Three strikes is not the law in NY. It is in CA, but it hasn't done anything to reduce violent crime.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: short, hills, murdering, car, jackers, long, rap, sheet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users