Smith Point Archery PLUS PLUS PLUS - Bow Hunting - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Smith Point Archery PLUS PLUS PLUS

smith point archery plus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4968 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted October 15 2013 - 08:54 AM

Went last night for the lesson provided gratis upon purchase of a new bow. I had previously exchanged some informative emails with Jared there, (who replies within a work day) and ten days ago spent a long time selecting my first compound with Craig. My friend and hunting partner, who helps DEC Hunter Safety provide some of the certificate courses at Smith Point Archery, and I, had discussed what I was looking for in a bow, and presented this rough list to Craig when I showed up. While Craig could have gone to a more expensive line, he instead felt that the more adaptable bow, keeping in mind my parameters and preferences, was probably the Martin Cougar package. ( I did not express any manufacturers preference and by mere chance, which no one knew, my recurve is a Martin.) Craig explained the various upgrades that I could and should consider, some of which I selected such as tool-less adjustable sights, a better stabilizer, an adjustable release, etc. Again, this was dealing with a fellow archer and not a salesman, and hopefully the owner of Smith Point Archery, if he sees this, will understand my intent and compliment. Although I showed up on an afternoon during bowhunting season, I went off for a Carvel next door, while Dave the mechanic immediately went to work setting up my bow. Upon returning, still another archer there, Tim, set me up at the large indoor range where I shot my first arrows from a compound bow. Getting back to last night's lesson, it was practically a private hour plus lesson as Craig had just myself and one other gentleman in the classroom/range, while Craig's wife assisted a young lady with her own lesson. I fired away until my shoulder was thoroughly fatigued, lol, and not due to any time constraints, all the while being advised by Craig with release, follow through, grip, etc. I can definitely see availing myself of the free range time also provided upon purchase, of a year's duration, this winter trekking out to Patchogue. (for those interested or influenced, its 200 yards west of 112 on East Main St.) I might mention that living in Nassau there were a couple of closer shops I could journey to, but unlike them, I had never heard a single negative about Smith Point.
  • muskoday, Myrcinus and Hunter6874 like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Myrcinus

Myrcinus

AMF YOYO

• Established Member
  • 3602 posts
  • LocationExit 53

Posted October 15 2013 - 09:02 AM

Nice!!! It's always good to hear about a local establishment that treats its' customers well.

Congrats on the new bow. Good luck with it.

#3 Hunter6874

Hunter6874

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3229 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Aquabach.

Posted October 15 2013 - 09:12 AM

Very nice. I am planning on getting into archery again, after a long hiatus and bringing my son to see if he likes it. This story has made up my mind of where I will be going.

#4 Babaloo

Babaloo

III%

• Topic Starter
  • 2787 posts
  • Location700 Miles South of the $hit Hole!

Posted October 15 2013 - 09:27 AM

Jeff, Jared's dad and owner is an awesome guy, I heard rumor he wasn't feeling well so I hope he is ok. Smithpoint archery is a great place! Jared is a good guy and Dave is a bow king!! No one touches my bow but Dave! (Even when he died his hair blonde! )Lol

#5 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4968 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:03 AM

its back natural again, lol ! ( I think)
  • Babaloo likes this

#6 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:30 AM

its back natural again, lol ! ( I think)

I cant wait to ask him about it though!

#7 Yaphank Kid

Yaphank Kid

Older Budweiser

• Donated Member
  • 2222 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted October 15 2013 - 11:51 AM

Smith Point is the best, period.
I just bought my son the Martin Cougar from Jeff. An awesome bow at a great price point. It's at 45lbs right now but as he gets older it can be adjusted to 60lbs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: smith, point, archery, plus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users