Glock lubrication guide - Page 4 - Semi-Auto [Handguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Glock lubrication guide

glock lubrication chart

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 mattyj513

mattyj513

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4897 posts

Posted October 03 2013 - 02:59 PM

Try this with a 1911 :)

Posted Image

just gonna leave this here...
Posted Image
  • sigequinox220 and mongo like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#62 FULL METAL JACKET

FULL METAL JACKET

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 24899 posts
  • Location"Sandpit"

Posted October 03 2013 - 03:02 PM

Pffff.... Single drum...... That all you got :)

Posted Image
  • sigequinox220, MetalHead and Big_Rob like this

#63 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11235 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 03 2013 - 03:41 PM

Were you running sand filled mags in your LE class?

The course was outdoors and magazines dropped during the three day course. Could be the 1911 operator wasn't cleaning his pistol.

#64 nyc_dawg1997

nyc_dawg1997

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1139 posts

Posted February 15 2015 - 03:53 PM

No arguing between gun owners, preferences cant be debated, im a glock anf mossberg500 owner, and if i have the money sig p226 would be next on my list if not Canik55 9mm is my next gun to buy.

Love kimber 1911, but to damn expensive and love xD 1911.. I think those are sexy... So... Bottom line i like firearms in general.

#65 sherm66

sherm66

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6119 posts

Posted February 15 2015 - 04:35 PM

No arguing between gun owners, preferences cant be debated, im a glock anf mossberg500 owner, and if i have the money sig p226 would be next on my list if not Canik55 9mm is my next gun to buy.

Love kimber 1911, but to damn expensive and love xD 1911.. I think those are sexy... So... Bottom line i like firearms in general.

Holy necropost dude....

And yes....Sigs are certainly better than Glocks.

Posted Image
  • vmtcmt likes this

#66 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24728 posts

Posted February 15 2015 - 04:40 PM

Posted Image
Click to enlarge

Posted Image

#67 Dchilde

Dchilde

Runs With Scissors

• Established Member
  • 3395 posts
  • LocationNorth Fork

Posted February 15 2015 - 05:23 PM

Attached File  600491d1299117305-do-you-carry-ky-jelly-while-riding-41vyw560ill.jpg   30.13KB   4 downloads

#68 Hell dog

Hell dog

Patriot

• Club LIF Member
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationEast Northport

Posted February 16 2015 - 12:10 PM

Saturday I detail stripped and cleaned my G19 for the first time ever. I've been waiting until I had a 1000 rounds through it to do a thorough strip. I also carry this gun sometimes with an IWB holster at home mostly or on the way to the range so it does collect dust and the normal accumulations from such activity. Been hesitant to do this just because I never have and pulling apart the inner workings of the trigger mechanisms can be intimidating.
I was amazed at how easy it was. I decided that while it was apart I would do a .25 cent trigger job on it and watched a bunch of videos. Cleaned and polished up the appropriate areas and put her back together with zero difficulty. Love my Glock.
On another note I also field stripped my Ruger LC9S and stripped the slide for a cleaning too. What a pain. I almost lost my extractor by shooting it across the room. Almost shot my cats eye out with the extractor spring. I love the gun but it is not very user friendly when it comes to detail stripping. I didn't even bother with the frame, just cleaned what I could. Can't wait till the single stackGlock comes out.

Sent from my government tracking device

#69 nyc_dawg1997

nyc_dawg1997

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1139 posts

Posted February 17 2015 - 11:27 AM

takes it to dry clean :triniti

#70 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5873 posts

Posted February 17 2015 - 12:26 PM

Should've bought a Sig

#71 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5873 posts

Posted February 17 2015 - 12:30 PM

Holy necropost dude....

And yes....Sigs are certainly better than Glocks.

Posted Image

Yeah, whatever

Posted Image

#72 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6828 posts

Posted February 17 2015 - 12:44 PM

I still havnt cleaned, lubricated, or shot my g19 yet. I hear you are supposed to leave that coppery looking stuff that it came with from the factory, that its some sort of lube. Do I even need to do anythin with it since its brand spanking new, or just take it to the range and send some lead down range? I mean, its a glock, arent you supposed to treat it like a $2 wh^%$?

#73 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted February 17 2015 - 01:20 PM

I still havnt cleaned, lubricated, or shot my g19 yet. I hear you are supposed to leave that coppery looking stuff that it came with from the factory, that its some sort of lube. Do I even need to do anythin with it since its brand spanking new, or just take it to the range and send some lead down range? I mean, its a glock, arent you supposed to treat it like a $2 wh^%$?

I was told the same thing years ago when I bought my new gen 2 G19. I don't care. I clean every new purchase before I use it. You can buy more of that copper stuff if you want (Loctite C5-A) but I didn't bother with that either. Never had a misfeed.
  • 4DR ZR1 likes this

#74 jager1147

jager1147

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMiller Place, NY

Posted April 15 2020 - 06:13 PM

I was at a major USPSA match back in the 90's, and a top competitor who will remain unnamed had a vendor table with his "racing lubricant". It was Type F automatic transmission fluid, actually worked pretty well...….

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glock, lubrication, chart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users