Passenger plates on a HD pickup??? - Page 5 - 4X4 -Enjoy the offroad! / CB Radio Area - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Passenger plates on a HD pickup???

passenger plates on hd pickup

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24743 posts

Posted September 22 2017 - 08:49 AM

Holy necro-thread....

The RULES changed around 1994 - Not "LAW"   Whim of the DMV.

Nope - Not Laws... "RULES"

I had to fight every time I'd register a pickup - with passenger plates... The first time I nicely said "Show me the LAW that says that" - she couldn't - I got passenger plates.

The last one I had I got crap from the clerk that it had to be registered commercial "because the last owner registered it that way"   I told her "BS - I'm getting PASSENGER plates"  ....ten minutes of arguing and I get passenger plates - but then she tries telling me "it can never be changed back to commercial"  

Yup, same here...all bs. When I registered my Dad's truck, FL title lists Gross wt, NY goes by NET Wt for Passenger vehicles...my Dodge Diesel Crew Cab has a net of 4762, Clerk kept telling me Commercial or waiver, I kept insisting she punch it in. When she finally punched it in it was "Oh, look at that!" as the net Wt popped up, and I left w/ passenger plates. It gets really aggravating when all you want is what's legal, and bureaucrats get in the way

• Parashooter likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#82 Ricekila

Ricekila

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Established Member
  • 1906 posts
  • LocationSwindlehurst

Posted September 22 2017 - 11:44 AM

Once upon a time just after they got rid of the suburban tags -- didn't they sell a kit to change the dualies too singles ?

Couldn't he pull off the outer tire & its hub ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: passenger, plates, on, hd, pickup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users