Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club - Page 2 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

old bethpage rifle pistol club

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:57 AM

I may be wrong, but the way I read the rules at OBR&P is that guests can watch but not shoot. Also, a family member, such as a spouse or child is not considered a guest but is considered a member and can shoot.

Correct. Your Old Bethpage membership is a family membersship, which includes your spouse and all minor children living with you. The reason the BoD changed the guest policy was partly because some members were using it as a training facility, for their students, making money.
Others were inviting guests, who were allowed to do some VERY dangerous things. Others would leave their guests unattended. We weeded out all of those people but the liability potential, given what the BoD saw, on the videos, left some BoD members so incensed and concerned that the guest policy was severely curtailed.
Given time, it will be readjusted but the memories of some of what we saw has to be given time, to recede. There were things which were frightening, to say the least.
Members can bring others but, as has been pointed out, they may not be on the firing line and may not shoot. That allowance was made for the sole puspose of showing the facility to prospective members.
Gary

Edited by Gary_Hungerford, August 26 2013 - 10:00 AM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan

Unappreciated while still alive

• Established Member
  • 3841 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:59 AM

I go in the morning during the week, no one there. Ten minutes from Mass. Pk. I do see cars at that "convenience store" up the block. I guess their early risers!.

I see what you did there.

And only people familiar with that block will understand the reference.

#23 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 6264 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yep. That place seems to have cars 24/7.
Gary

#24 GUNSBEERBACON

GUNSBEERBACON

Sheepdog

• Established Member
  • 1526 posts
  • LocationFort Lindenhurst

Posted August 27 2014 - 11:48 AM

Don't mean to ressurrect a yr old thread but I was about to post the same question as the OP. I'm going to swing by on 9/1 to get an application, do you guys who are members there know of any openings this year?

Thanks brothers

#25 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 6264 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 11:57 AM

Don't mean to ressurrect a yr old thread but I was about to post the same question as the OP. I'm going to swing by on 9/1 to get an application, do you guys who are members there know of any openings this year?

Thanks brothers

Not many and you must be sponsored, by a current member, who knows you, for at least 6 months.Every year, we get 4~5 times as many applications as we have openings.
Gary

#26 Tohrtd3

Tohrtd3

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationLynbrook, ny

Posted August 27 2014 - 12:03 PM

welcome aboard

#27 jeff

jeff

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 26 2016 - 07:48 PM

I am a member at Michael Britt Firearms & a few weeks ago I met someone from the Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club. He told me all about the range. I apologize but I don't recall his name. Nonetheless I would like to know if I would be able to join the club. I live in Plainview
I would appreciate a response. If you prefer my cell # is 917-592-7395

Thanks
Jeff

#28 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted April 27 2016 - 06:30 AM

Wait, was the convenience store the junkyard? :)

#29 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 6264 posts

Posted April 27 2016 - 06:51 AM

I am a member at Michael Britt Firearms & a few weeks ago I met someone from the Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club. He told me all about the range. I apologize but I don't recall his name. Nonetheless I would like to know if I would be able to join the club. I live in Plainview
I would appreciate a response. If you prefer my cell # is 917-592-7395

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff:
We eliminated the waiting list, several years ago, because it simply became too long. Some folks had been on it, for as much as 5 years and, when they were called, for an interview, they had either forgotten about it or no longer wanted to join.
Now, we start fresh, each year, with applicant submissions.
We open the membership, to new applicants, once, each year, in August. All applicants must be interviewed, then accepted, by the Board of Directors, before being brought before the general membership, for their vote. All prospective members must be sponsored, by a club member, who has known the applicant, for at least 6 months. Members are limited to two applicant sponsorships, per year and must agree to act as that new member’s surety, during his/her probationary year. If, during the new member’s probationary year, s/he breaks any of the rules, his/her sponsor loses his/her ability to sponsor anyone, for the following year.
Membership is limited, by our bylaws, to 200. The location is on Kean Street, off Edison Ave., in West Babylon, in a custom-constructed building, within an industrial park. The building looks like just another of the factory/industrial buildings in that area, making it impossible for anyone to tell it’s not anything else.
We normally hold our first and last applicants’ interview meeting, in September or October, each year, depending on the number of applications we receive. At this point, if you have a sponsor, you can complete an application, for inclusion on the interview list. Typically, we start accepting applications, on August 1st, ending on August 31st.
All applicants must be NRA members. We require your NRA membership number, which we verify, each year, as a condition of continued membership. We also very strongly recommend that you be a member of your county sportsmen’s/women’s federation (Nassau County Fish & Game Assn or Suffolk Alliance of Sportsmen, Inc.), to be a member of Old Bethpage. We couldn’t care less, whether you’re a member of NYSRPA.

We have an indoor-only facility with:
12 handgun/rimfire rifle points, to fifty (50) feet,
1 FMJ/magnum handgun/rimfire rifle point, to seventy five (75) feet,
2 centerfire rifle tubes, to 100 yards (300 feet),
2 indoor areas, which can be utilized as classrooms:
1. the upstairs room can easily accommodate 50 students, plus staff and
2. the downstairs room (adjacent to and shielded from the shooting ranges) can accommodate 80 students, plus staff,
there are separate male and female rest rooms (one each),
there is a telephone facility (pay phone) on premises; cellular service is, also, excellent,
1st year’s dues are $390; thereafter, dues are $250, per year, plus participation in a work party. If you do not participate in the work party, there is a $100 surcharge to your dues.
New members are required to participate in:
1) a firearms training course, provided, at no charge, by the club and
2) a work party (the members perform 99% of the maintenance and repair work, which helps to keep the costs down).

It’s an electronic card-key club, so you can pretty much come and go, as you please. However, we do have a lockout time, from 11pm, until 6am, everyday, during which no one may enter the facility but, if you’re already in, no problem.
Typically, we have 8~10 openings but receive 30~45 applications, each year.
You can call me, at the office, 9am~4:30pm, M~F, at (631) 226 7202, if you have any additional questions.
Gary
  • bolabolo likes this

#30 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 6264 posts

Posted April 27 2016 - 06:52 AM

Wait, was the convenience store the junkyard? :)

I guess you could call it a junk yard, since there is, always, a lot of junk getting worked there.
Gary

#31 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25763 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 27 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hello

#32 Fhm1983

Fhm1983

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted April 13 2019 - 09:06 AM

Hi all! I am interested in joining the bethpage pistol club. Does anyone have any insight into how to join? I dont currently know any members.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: old, bethpage, rifle, pistol, club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users