Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

old bethpage rifle pistol club

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 frankie987

frankie987

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted April 22 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm new to this forum and new to shooting in general. I was looking for a range and/or a club near to me. I came accross Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club on google. Just wondering if anyone who is already a member could give me some information? I did speak to Gary already and found out that you need to be sponsored by an existing member in order to be considered for membership.

Thanks in advance for any help/information.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 22 2013 - 11:07 AM

Welcome! I know many folks who are members here. Become welcome to the forum, soon enough you'll find a sponsor ;)

#3 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38956 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 11:13 AM

Welcome to LIF.

#4 Hunter6874

Hunter6874

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3229 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near Aquabach.

Posted April 22 2013 - 11:14 AM

:welcome

#5 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted April 22 2013 - 02:52 PM

Frank:
PM sent.
Gary

#6 airbrushart

airbrushart

airbrushart

• Club LIF Member
  • 5514 posts
  • Locationspace the final frontier

Posted April 22 2013 - 03:01 PM

First Welcome to the forum, I'm a member of the old bethpage range, the range has 13 pistol points and 2 rifle tubes that are 100 yards. The range is located below ground in West Babylon on Kean St. Currently there are no openings for new members, applications for new members start in September until December no applications are kept on file after December so that means if you sent in an application and all spots are filed your application goes in the trash until the following year. You also must be sponsered be a current member in good standing to send in an application. The range is a nice place to shoot, but has a no guest policy other than family members. It is possible to get in but diffecult if you don't know a member.

#7 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 6264 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 03:47 PM

First Welcome to the forum, I'm a member of the old bethpage range, the range has 13 pistol points and 2 rifle tubes that are 100 yards. The range is located below ground in West Babylon on Kean St. Currently there are no openings for new members, applications for new members start in September until December no applications are kept on file after December so that means if you sent in an application and all spots are filed your application goes in the trash until the following year. You also must be sponsered be a current member in good standing to send in an application. The range is a nice place to shoot, but has a no guest policy other than family members. It is possible to get in but diffecult if you don't know a member.

The BoD made a minor change, to the application process. Now, because of the number of applications we receive, every year, they have decided to take applications only during August, with interviews in Sept or Oct, possibly into January, if openings still remain, all from the August apps.
Gary

#8 Computer Chris

Computer Chris

Respected Gunowner

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 206 posts
  • LocationOld Bethpage

Posted August 26 2013 - 07:00 AM

The BoD made a minor change, to the application process. Now, because of the number of applications we receive, every year, they have decided to take applications only during August, with interviews in Sept or Oct, possibly into January, if openings still remain, all from the August apps.
Gary

Gary,

I am interested in applying, I sent you a PM. I drove by this weekend and was lucky enough to find someone there who was kind enough to give me an application but I have some questions about it. Would you be able to contact me for more information. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris

#9 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 6264 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 07:59 AM

Chris:
PM answered.
Gary

#10 Joeydiver

Joeydiver

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2998 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:13 AM

Welcome! Freeport R&R is a good backup plan if you cant get into Old Bethpage. http://www.freeportrevolver.org/ I've been a member since March, indoor and outdoor points, 24 hour member access, check it out.
And we hope you are registered to vote!

#11 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Club LIF Member
  • 7346 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:41 AM

i really wish Bethpage would reconsider their guest policy.. I can't even take my father or brother shooting... guest policy only applies to my wife.

#12 Computer Chris

Computer Chris

Respected Gunowner

• Forum Sponsor

• 206 posts
  • LocationOld Bethpage

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:42 AM

Chris:
PM answered.
Gary

Gary,

Thank you for the information and quick response. I'm assuming BoD doesn't have an open house like Freeport R&R where I would have a chance to introduce myself to other members and possibly find a sponsor possibly for next years application, if so please let me know. I am of course registered to vote, an NRA member and will become a member of Nassau County Fish & Game Assn.

On a side note, if anyone here is a member and into car shows or having some home computer issues please reach out to me. I live and work very local to the range so I'm open to meeting up for coffee. Just to let you know a little about me, I own a computer repair business so my passion is technology and american muscle cars/trucks. Just throwing this out there in case there are any other TBSS owners on here but I am one also.

Regards,
Chris
  • thaw likes this

#13 Computer Chris

Computer Chris

Respected Gunowner

• Forum Sponsor

• 206 posts
  • LocationOld Bethpage

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:48 AM

Welcome! Freeport R&R is a good backup plan if you cant get into Old Bethpage. http://www.freeportrevolver.org/ I've been a member since March, indoor and outdoor points, 24 hour member access, check it out.
And we hope you are registered to vote!

Joeydiver,

Thank you for the info and I will look into it. It's just that Old Bethapge Rifle & Pistol Club is literally a few minutes away from my home it makes it incredibly convenient.

Chris

#14 incorrigible

incorrigible

Team Infidel

• Established Member
  • 2089 posts
  • LocationHuntington Area

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:52 AM

i really wish Bethpage would reconsider their guest policy.. I can't even take my father or brother shooting... guest policy only applies to my wife.

At least your wife can shoot. At Freeport, NO guests are permitted to shoot. Members only. Kinda' stinks that I have to take the family to Brookhaven when I am a Freeport member.
  • loadingdockman likes this

#15 Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan

Unappreciated while still alive

• Established Member
  • 3841 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:55 AM

At least your wife can shoot. At Freeport, NO guests are permitted to shoot. Members only. Kinda' stinks that I have to take the family to Brookhaven when I am a Freeport member.

I may be wrong, but the way I read the rules at OBR&P is that guests can watch but not shoot. Also, a family member, such as a spouse or child is not considered a guest but is considered a member and can shoot.

#16 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Club LIF Member
  • 7346 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:58 AM

I may be wrong, but the way I read the rules at OBR&P is that guests can watch but not shoot. Also, a family member, such as a spouse or child is not considered a guest but is considered a member and can shoot.

Yes.. when i joined we were allowed to bring guests to shoot but a few people were running unofficial firearms training schools out of there.. I wish they would just terminate the offender's membership instead of ruining it for everyone.
  • ChiBurger likes this

#17 2hotrotts

2hotrotts

Resident Ball Buster -BANNED

• Banned
  • 4993 posts
  • LocationMassapequa Park

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:07 AM

That's always been my biggest gripe about Freeport, Guest policy really BLOWS

#18 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Club LIF Member
  • 7346 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yes.. when i joined we were allowed to bring guests to shoot but a few people were running unofficial firearms training schools out of there.. I wish they would just terminate/suspend the offender's membership instead of ruining it for everyone.
  • citypaul1 likes this

#19 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 6264 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:50 AM

Gary,

Thank you for the information and quick response. I'm assuming BoD doesn't have an open house like Freeport R&R where I would have a chance to introduce myself to other members and possibly find a sponsor possibly for next years application, if so please let me know. I am of course registered to vote, an NRA member and will become a member of Nassau County Fish & Game Assn.

On a side note, if anyone here is a member and into car shows or having some home computer issues please reach out to me. I live and work very local to the range so I'm open to meeting up for coffee. Just to let you know a little about me, I own a computer repair business so my passion is technology and american muscle cars/trucks. Just throwing this out there in case there are any other TBSS owners on here but I am one also.

Regards,
Chris

Chris:
Unfortunately, Old Bethpage doesn't host an "open house" type of event. In reality, they are not looking to encourage more applicants. Given the few openings available, each year (8~10), against the 40~50 applications received, the last thing the club wants is to try to encourage even more applications. Everyone wants into the club, becasue of its unique facilities, which, on the other hand, means very few leave, other than by death or moving out of the area.
Gary

#20 citypaul1

citypaul1

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 439 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:50 AM

I go in the morning during the week, no one there. Ten minutes from Mass. Pk. I do see cars at that "convenience store" up the block. I guess their early risers!.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: old, bethpage, rifle, pistol, club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users