The New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013: Effective Dates - Page 3 - Firearm Ban & Recent Events - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

The New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013: Effective Dates

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 akmax

akmax

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1009 posts
  • Locationnorthport

Posted March 14 2013 - 10:35 PM

looking for a real estate every single day in other state just waiting to move out, im hoping to get out of the hole before this really comes into effect.
  • firearmhobbyist likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 firearmhobbyist

firearmhobbyist

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 160 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 11:05 PM

I feel bad that this website will probably have no members left because we all will eventually move out ! The SAFE act is comical.

#43 do0zer

do0zer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2884 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 14 2013 - 11:27 PM

Even if I left the state, I would still be active on this site

This is Ground Zero
  • The Architect, deathsythe and Walker1847 like this

#44 Ayarza22

Ayarza22

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 139 posts

Posted March 17 2013 - 05:58 PM

I want to leave. All I need is a job somewhere else.

#45 Walker1847

Walker1847

Walker1847

• Club LIF Member
  • 12106 posts
  • LocationI'm not in Kansas anymore

Posted March 17 2013 - 06:13 PM

Anyone else noticing the Black Helicopters flying overhead lately? Saw another one this morning over the LIE and 111.....

#46 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4869 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted March 17 2013 - 06:44 PM

The free cheese and food stamp parasites can not completely destroy those of us who work for a living.
These 47 percenters know that to destroy their own meal ticket means they would either have
to work at Mcdonalds or empty bed pans at a nursing home.

I certainly am glad that those gunowners who voted the way their union told them too, or thought that
"free" health insurance was a good thing, feel downright wonderful now.
  • deathsythe likes this

#47 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6479 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted March 17 2013 - 06:50 PM

Any means yet as to how we register our "assault" weapons ? Is there, I assume, a secure, encrypted, dataserver behind a firewall that is protected from hackers ? Has a datamodel even been designed yet ? Where will it be hosted, in Andrew's garage on an old Sun SunOS "pizza box" running Sybase System 10 ?

#48 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6479 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted March 17 2013 - 06:53 PM

Boy am I glad I got rid of ALL my guns as soon as Fuher Cuomo put this law forward

I'm just here for the entertainment

We all know how "Il Duce" Mussolini met his fate, Andrew should look back on history. Il Duce (member), no offense to you.

Edited by Nordon, March 17 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#49 Colfaulkner

Colfaulkner

Supreme Pontificator

• Established Member
  • 6971 posts

Posted March 17 2013 - 07:01 PM

I never quite understood why ignorance of the law wasn't considered an excuse. I doubt if anyone here could name a fraction of the 40,000 + federal laws, 20,000 + state laws and the estimated 10,000-30,000+ regulations that carry criminal penalties. But I digress.

Imagine a world in which ignorance of the law was a defense. Everyone would claim they knew nothing. Even if ignorance could only be raised as an affirmative defense chaos would ensue. The amount of wasted time and money expended on proving the relative stupidity of every defendant would bring an already ineffective system to a grinding halt.

#50 do0zer

do0zer

Gun Guru

• 2884 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 17 2013 - 07:30 PM

Ridiculous NY Laws

• A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
  • A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
  • In Carmel, A man cannot be seen in public while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
  • In Greene, During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
  • In Ocean City, It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.
  • In Ocean City, It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.
  • In Staten Island, You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
  • In Staten Island, It is illegal for a father to call his son a "gay" or "*****" in an effort to curb "girlie behavior."
  • It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing."
  • Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".
  • Tempering with a horses tail can get you a year in jail.
  • It is illegal to own a kinkajou.
  • It is illegal to die a rabbit.
  • Beating a dirty carpet against the sidewalk is against the law.
  • It's a crime to wear headphones while skating.
  • It is illegal to disrobe a wagon.
  • It is illegal to shine shoes on sunday after 1pm
  • Jaywalking is legal unless it's diagonal. It is illegal to jaywalk diagonally.

#51 southbaymaint

southbaymaint

Respected Gunowner

• 209 posts
  • LocationMastic Beach

Posted March 17 2013 - 08:23 PM

Not feeling very SAFE right now

#52 midnightsailor

midnightsailor

Sharp Shooter!

• 330 posts
  • LocationSouthold

Posted March 17 2013 - 08:55 PM

Does any one know what the penalty would be for violating any one or more of these new "laws" ? If I was using 8 rounds in my 10 round mag would that be as bad as using 10 rounds (or more) in my 15 round mag? What about 7 in my 15 round mag? would the fine me? take my mag?, take my firearm? lock me up? Does any one know?
Maybe it would be worth breaking this "law" which in myn opinion , since it infringees on my 2nd amendment rights I feel no obligation to follow. AH, hell, I just feel sick, can't even bring myself to read it all. :bad

#53 Fourth ID

Fourth ID

Sharp Shooter!

• 344 posts
  • LocationMiller Place

Posted April 20 2013 - 04:26 PM

I don't know if this is the correct place to add this but Tuesday April 23 the town of Brookhaven will meet at 5PM to vote on a resolution opposing the NY Safe Act.It will be at town hall 1 Independence Hill Farmingville 11738.I was emailed from Long Island 912,a Tea Party group I belong to.Hope this goes well!
  • 1shotleft likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users