Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Just heard from CMP regarding NY sales.

5K views 50 replies 25 participants last post by  Beerhunter 
#1 ·
As a result of the NY SAFE Act of 2013, effective immediately, all NY customers purchasing any CMP rifles, to include the M1 Garand, to be delivered in NY must have the rifle shipped to a NY licensed FFL dealer in NY for compliance with SAFE Act requirements. Copy of dealer's license and shipping information must be provided with rifle orders. Ammunition orders may still be shipped directly to the customer for the remainder of 2013.

NY customers who have already mailed their rifle orders to CMP should provide custserve@thecmp.org with dealer information or order cancellation instructions. Information can also be faxed to 256-835-3527 or mailed to CMP Customer Service, (Attn: NY Order), 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston, AL 36207.

#9 ·
OK I just read that NYS add on It would appear that All NY sales will now have to go to an FFL, and undergo NICS I also know that #3 FFLs like myself can still get it sent to our home, but we have to provide a signed copy of our license before sale. This I do know is a first for CMP Many of you who bought from them had it shipped right to your homes

#16 ·
OK I have given this explanation before, but i will do it Once more C&R Curios and Relics is a Federal Fireams license issued by the ATF for any Firearm more tha 50 years old (date of MFG). m ay purchase out of state, or locally without and NICS. I may ship or carry interstate, complying with local, state, and all Federal gun laws. C&R purchases will now be subject to AWB where applicable( Don't bounce off the wall now I repeat Where Applicable) Usually this license will get me sales without dealer markup. In other words I get it for what He paid for it (Doesn't always apply) I cannot make a business out of it,l cannot import/export Now if there are any questions? You fellow C&Rs did I miss anything?

#18 ·
Just received this..................

CMP Sales Update​

*** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS IS AN AUTOMATED ACCOUNT
AND REPLIES WILL NOT BE READ ***

As a result of the NY SAFE Act of 2013, effective immediately, all NY customers purchasing any CMP rifles, to include the M1 Garand, to be delivered in NY must have the rifle shipped to a NY licensed FFL dealer in NY for compliance with SAFE Act requirements. Copy of dealer's license and shipping information must be provided with rifle orders. Ammunition orders may still be shipped directly to the customer for the remainder of 2013.

NY customers who have already mailed their rifle orders to CMP should provide custserve@thecmp.org with dealer information or order cancellation instructions. Information can also be faxed to 256-835-3527 or mailed to CMP Customer Service, (Attn: NY Order), 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston, AL 36207.

Order and email backlog. CMP has received buckets of orders in the past month and many email inquiries. It will take several weeks for us to catch up on inputting orders and responding to emails. We thank you for your patience.
CMP Oklahoma Games. The CMP Games - Oklahoma, sponsored by the Civilian Marksmanship Program, will be held at the Oklahoma City Gun Club 3-7 April. The CMP Games - Oklahoma will feature clinics, SAFS/M16 match, EIC Rifle Match, GSMM Four Gun Aggregate, Vintage Sniper Match, CMP As-Issued 1911 Pistol Match, Military & Police Service Pistol Match, EIC Pistol match, and several other events! All events will take place at the OKC Gun Club's Range in Arcadia. View the Official Match Program and register for the OK Games at http://www.thecmp.org/Competitions/
CMPGames_OK.htm
.​
CMP Junior Rifle Camps. Each summer the Civilian Marksmanship Program sponsors a popular series of Junior Air Rifle Camps and Clinics to teach intermediate and advanced rifle marksmanship skills to junior shooters and their adult leaders. All camps are one week long, three-position air rifle camps, with the exception of the Outreach Clinics and the Advanced Standing Camp. For more information, please visit http://www.thecmp.org/3P/Camp.htm. Registration will open on February 5.​
CMP Scholarships. The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) offers $1000 one-year scholarships assistance to encourage and reward outstanding and deserving high school seniors on the basis of merit to selected high school seniors who are currently enrolled in a team or club that is participating in rifle or pistol marksmanship competitions. The CMP seeks applications from high school seniors who are currently compete in marksmanship competitions. For more information, please visit http://www.thecmp.org/Competitions/Scholarships.htm. Deadline to apply is 5 March 2013.​

Thank you for your continued support.

Orest Michaels

Chief Operating Officer

#27 ·
Now having the CMP come out with their delivery policy we can end the controversey on an M-1 Garand status under NY SAFE. I bought one in Feb 2011 and Sept of 2012 , both were signature required from Fed Ex. Still the best deal on a Garand with the added transfer fee. And they also figured out the ammo delivery is good for another year.

#33 ·
Yep but it will probably cost you an Arm and leg

#32 ·
Bound Book Yep Thanks Will

#38 ·
No probl;e- I felt it was an important bit of information.
I applied for a C&R at my old suffolk address, got the nastygram from Commish Dormer about how not to even think about handguns, and my C&R never arrived- which now I'm kinda glad aboutr, because it saved me the hassle of dealing with that too when I moved.

And the paperwork- to save $20 on a mosin or a little more on a Garand, but having to deal with the paperwork is pretty much a toss-up for me.

#40 ·
I've never ordered from CMP before, but they were special because you (I think) used to be able to get guns directly sent to you WITHOUT an FFL at all. CMP had some kind of exception in federal law.

Because CMP wrote the email in an ambiguous way, I wonder if they 1) want a NYS dealer or 2) an FFL in New York. The later would include C&R type 03 FFls.

#45 ·
Though it is ambiguous with regard to whether or not they mean to require an NYS dealer license, as it is written it clearly does not include Type 3 FFL's. The Type 3 is a "collector" license, not a "dealer" license.

As for the NYS dealer license question, I doubt anyone can find an FFL dealer in NY without an NYS dealer license.

#43 ·
This crap has gone too far already, It will bring a tear to my eye and make me feel like a subject that has had his Constitutional rights stripped away, when I see that white Fed- Ex truck BYPASS MY HOUSE........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.