2013 Nassau County Range Fees - Page 4 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2013 Nassau County Range Fees

nassau county range fees

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 carbons2k

carbons2k

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 112 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 03:35 PM

How so u get an LIF CARD?

Also I just came back from MF and it was great. When I got there I signed in and was told 30 mins wait time. After about 10 mins he called my name. Shot my 15-22 for an hour and everyone was cool there. Since I'm new at this, I aske a few questions about dialing my scope and the people there were really helpful. So... 1 mag 10 rounds each I got off about 100 round before I got tired of reloading. Only gripe is my target fell off as I was reeling it in after my last mag. Oh well. And he stuck me between 2 shot guns. No biggie but kept me on my toes for an hour! Lol can't wait to go back again!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#62 Petie

Petie

Old Guys Rule

• Established Member
  • 2226 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 03:45 PM

Only gripe is my target fell off as I was reeling it in after my last mag. Oh well.

I keep a 1/4 roll of duct tape in my ammo bag. I tape the top of the target to the clip. Also, if your stuck with the large targets that have been stored rolled up and they continually roll up on you trying to hang them, you can tape a few empty casing to the bottom to weigh them down. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Edited by Petie, January 12 2013 - 03:46 PM.

• carbons2k likes this

#63 DesertFrog

DesertFrog

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 539 posts
  • LocationWantagh. LI

Posted January 12 2013 - 03:50 PM

Bend the clip slightly, I find that this holds the target much much better.

#64 SULLYGUY

SULLYGUY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1646 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 03:55 PM

Fold the top of the target over a few times so tie fits snugly when held by the clip. That should help

#65 carbons2k

carbons2k

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 112 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 04:47 PM

All good ideas! I normally print out LIF targets but forgot them today. Those big ones at the range with the guy on it are real heavy.

#66 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7924 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted January 12 2013 - 10:32 PM

How much is a leisure pass and how do I get one?

#67 FULL METAL JACKET

FULL METAL JACKET

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 24899 posts
  • Location"Sandpit"

Posted January 12 2013 - 10:34 PM

How much is a leisure pass and how do I get one?

It's $25 and they do them there... Just need your drivers license with your Nassau county address on it

Added: its valid for 3 years

Edited by FULL METAL JACKET, January 12 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#68 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1867 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 10:48 PM

I've never once been notified of my time running up nor have i ever heard it. Then again I typically go around 6-7pm on a week night so the place is pretty dead anyway. So they don't seem to keep an eye on the clock if its not busy, which is nice. I normally don't stay longer then 45 minutes anyway so that could be why as well. One time I was there about an hour and a half.

One time i was there when it was packed, but i stayed bout 20-30 minutes, it was brutally hot so it wasnt that fun

#69 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1867 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 10:50 PM

How so u get an LIF CARD?

Also I just came back from MF and it was great. When I got there I signed in and was told 30 mins wait time. After about 10 mins he called my name. Shot my 15-22 for an hour and everyone was cool there. Since I'm new at this, I aske a few questions about dialing my scope and the people there were really helpful. So... 1 mag 10 rounds each I got off about 100 round before I got tired of reloading. Only gripe is my target fell off as I was reeling it in after my last mag. Oh well. And he stuck me between 2 shot guns. No biggie but kept me on my toes for an hour! Lol can't wait to go back again!

5 Round cap on rifles... but its a 22, so not sure if that counts for a 22... ive honestly never had anybody there ever question me and i load up 10 rounds in my 22... i do the same out at brookhaven where its a 5 round cap. I'd like to assume that if you are responsible and not rappid firing they are fine with it, but then again thats just my thoughts on it... maybe one of the employees can fill us in on that and what they think

#70 anythinggood

anythinggood

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1538 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 10:51 PM

Stupid I live live in suffolk but own two houses in Nassau and pay taxes there. Still I can't get resident price to go this dumb range.

#71 TTSkipper

TTSkipper

• Established Member
  • 5582 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted January 13 2013 - 08:14 AM

Stupid I live live in suffolk but own two houses in Nassau and pay taxes there. Still I can't get resident price to go this dumb range.

I am sure you have a tax bill how about a utility bill?
http://www.nassaucou...ks/leisure.html

#72 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• 2962 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 08:43 AM

They raised their rates, bacause we need to pay for the Nassau DA's who just got a 40% pay raise.

#73 Rschnickel

Rschnickel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEast Meadow

Posted February 26 2015 - 08:40 PM

I Just joined LIF where is this Nassau range ? I been looking to find a place to shoot my airguns , any advice would be appreciated ...

#74 Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 8990 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 26 2015 - 08:47 PM

I Just joined LIF where is this Nassau range ? I been looking to find a place to shoot my airguns , any advice would be appreciated ...

:welcome

Why don't you introduce your self in the new member area.

The county run range is at Mitchell Field.

Edited by Knight Rider, February 26 2015 - 08:47 PM.

#75 DLM

DLM

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3195 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted February 26 2015 - 08:47 PM

It's in the Mitchell Field complex, off Charles Lindbergh BLVd, just west of the Cradle of Aviation museum, on the opposite side of the street. It's hidden behind the training complex for the local soccer or lacrosse team. Small sign, hard to find.

#76 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted February 26 2015 - 09:11 PM

You gotta go to a range to legally shoot pellet guns in Nassau?

#77 bberetta1

bberetta1

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3126 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 26 2015 - 09:14 PM

Yup

#78 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted February 26 2015 - 09:15 PM

Yup

Oops! Uh… I mean…. good thing I don't have any.

#79 Outsider

Outsider

Banned

• Banned
  • 902 posts

Posted February 26 2015 - 09:18 PM

I used to shoot my BB/pellet gun in my backyard when I was a kid. I never had any problems. Of course that was almost 20 years ago. How did I get so old...

#80 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted February 26 2015 - 09:30 PM

I used to shoot my BB/pellet gun in my backyard when I was a kid. I never had any problems. Of course that was almost 20 years ago. How did I get so old...

I used to shoot my bow in my backyard. Used my shed as a backstop. People would stand at the top of my driveway and watch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nassau, county, range, fees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users