Microstamp passed in Assembly budget - NY Microstamping Discussion (#1157A) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Microstamp passed in Assembly budget

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 SteveG

SteveG

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5947 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 13 2012 - 07:01 AM

The Assembly passed thier version of the budget yesterday and it included funds for microstamping.  There is a companion bill in the Senate version along with other onerous anti gun bills such as the microstamping, mandatory storage and the usual other anti gun garbage.  Call and write your Senators TODAY.
There is no time to waste with this. Don;t leave it to the next guy.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 13 2012 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for keeping us abreast of these things. Its one reason I try to check the site daily.
I sent an email to my Senator. Hopefully enough people do and it makes a difference. We have to try

#3 govlawyer

govlawyer

Gun Enthusiast

• Established Member
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted March 13 2012 - 07:43 AM

Just sent an email to Ken Lavalle.

#4 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted March 13 2012 - 07:47 AM

I'm confused. What good does it do to fund something if there is no law in place making it mandatory?  Or are you saying that microstamping legislation itself is part of the budget bill?

#5 SteveG

SteveG

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 5947 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 13 2012 - 07:51 AM

is there an article of some sort on this so I can email friends and family

It was in an email from NYSRPA.
I accidentally erased it on my blackberry on both the blackberry and the server so I can;t get you a link to it.  ANy other NYSRPA members here get the email and can please post a link? Thanks

#6 SteveG

SteveG

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5947 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 13 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm confused. What good does it do to fund something if there is no law in place making it mandatory?  Or are you saying that microstamping legislation itself is part of the budget bill?

I beleive this is a back door way of geting the legislation passed.

#7 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11552 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:02 AM

That's what I asked before I read the budget bill - they're NOT "funding" it - THEY HAVE ADDED THE ENTIRE MICROSTAMPING BILL INTO THE BUDGET BILL

if it passes in the budget, microstamping becomes law....  It's a backdoor way of passing this law no one wants.

particularly offensive is that the microstamp bill specifies "no fiscal implications" so it has absolutely no business anywhere near the budget.

#8 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Administrators
  • 7346 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:03 AM

they basically copied and pasted the MS bill into the Assembly version of the budget so they didn't have to trouble themselves with going through the proper channels.

#9 Mafia Al

Mafia Al

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationMiddle Island

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:07 AM

How can something like this pass when it has nothing to do with the budget, where is the law that prevents this abuse! If there isn't, there should be!

#10 lynyrd

lynyrd

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 5375 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:24 AM

Our freedoms require a defense from those inside and outside of this country. Including politicians who want to swap our freedoms for "safety".

Our freedoms were fought for and won by our founding fathers but the American Citizen must continue to fight to keep these freedoms.

Today it seems a lot of people think safety is freedom and are more than willing to give our government the power to "project" this sense of "safety". People want to feel safe. They don't want to be free.

This will pass because the voice of those that want to feel safe will outweigh the voice of those that want their freedoms. And the politicians will hear their voice and they will do whatever it takes to deliver.

When i first read this I jumped on it and contacted my Assemblyman, Senator, and the Governor. Others here have also. But I have to ask - how many out of the 4,500 plus members of this pro 2A forum have done this? How many gun-owners in New York will do this? This is why it will pass.

Paul

How can something like this pass when it has nothing to do with the budget, where is the law that prevents this abuse! If there isn't, there should be!

#11 SteveG

SteveG

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5947 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:37 AM

quoted form lynyrd
"But I have to ask - how many out of the 4,500 plus members of this pro 2A forum have done this? "

You want an educated guess?
Probably about 30 of the regulars.

#12 FULL METAL JACKET

FULL METAL JACKET

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 24899 posts
  • Location"Sandpit"

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:39 AM

2 questions, if this bull$hit passes, what becomes of the billions of guns that aren't micro stamped? And 2 when you say senator, are you guys emailing local reps or chucky and co? Thanks

#13 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21170 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:44 AM

Our freedoms require a defense from those inside and outside of this country. Including politicians who want to swap our freedoms for "safety".

Our freedoms were fought for and won by our founding fathers but the American Citizen must continue to fight to keep these freedoms.

Today it seems a lot of people think safety is freedom and are more than willing to give our government the power to "project" this sense of "safety". People want to feel safe. They don't want to be free.

This will pass because the voice of those that want to feel safe will outweigh the voice of those that want their freedoms. And the politicians will hear their voice and they will do whatever it takes to deliver.

When i first read this I jumped on it and contacted my Assemblyman, Senator, and the Governor. Others here have also. But I have to ask - how many out of the 4,500 plus members of this pro 2A forum have done this? How many gun-owners in New York will do this? This is why it will pass.

Paul

Very well put. Both your analysis on Safety vs Freedom and on why this might pass.

How hard is it to send an email to your State Representative?
If you don't know your senator go to the NY State Senate website: http://www.nysenate.gov/senators
All you have to do is input your street address and zip and they'll tell you who your senator is. Click on his/her website and  they all have contact info.
Send an email today.
Will it guarantee they vote our way?
No, but I can guarantee if you remain silent our rights will continue to disappear.

#14 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Administrators
  • 7346 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:44 AM

NY Senators.. not US Senators.  

please.. everyone call them!  If you don't call/write/email, you can't complain.

#15 JoeLI

JoeLI

Sharp Shooter!

• 304 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:51 AM

Contacted Raia and Flanagan - moving on to gov and dog catcher.

#16 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11552 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 08:54 AM

2 questions, if this bull$hit passes, what becomes of the billions of guns that aren't micro stamped? And 2 when you say senator, are you guys emailing local reps or chucky and co? Thanks

1)The bill only applies to guns manufactured after a future date, which is partly dependant on when the technology actually becomes available...

2)When it comes to a STATE bill, which would become STATE law, you need to contact your STATE Senator and STATE Assemblyman.

For FEDERAL bills (such as HR822) you contact your US representatives, Schumer, Gillibrand, etc.

#17 FULL METAL JACKET

FULL METAL JACKET

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 24899 posts
  • Location"Sandpit"

Posted March 13 2012 - 09:01 AM

1)The bill only applies to guns manufactured after a future date, which is partly dependant on when the technology actually becomes available...

2)When it comes to a STATE bill, which would become STATE law, you need to contact your STATE Senator and STATE Assemblyman.

For FEDERAL bills (such as HR822) you contact your US representatives, Schumer, Gillibrand, etc.

Thanks, I'm on it today. Aquabach sent me a link.

#18 Jimmy

Jimmy

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 408 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks Steve. Reaching out to Jeff Klein. Not that it will help, but I'll feel better. I think.....

#19 nybocce

nybocce

Bocce & Bullets - Booyah!

• Club LIF Member
  • 2516 posts

Posted March 13 2012 - 09:15 AM

For the uninformed, what exactly is this microstamping issue and what is most troubling about it? I am planning on emailing and calling my Senator (Huntington resident) Carl L Marcellino....

#20 Kevin M

Kevin M

Marksman

• 67 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 13 2012 - 09:16 AM

E-mails sent...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users