ClearMeadow gun range in Levittown - Page 2 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

ClearMeadow gun range in Levittown

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 RoadKing

RoadKing

Gun Guru

• 1298 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 07:24 AM

I used to get mail from this range at least once a month telling me i could shoot there for free if i used Edelmans Pistol service..I still dont know how they got my name

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 123

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 374 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 08:28 AM

Sorry to be spoil sport, but as in almost every part of "the law", it is open for interpretation.  If you are stopped by a LEO and he is not in a good mood, or your attitude is not up to snuff, he could be really nasty, and interpret the rules very narrowly, regardless of what the book says - "Telll it to the judge".

I think the most important thing to remember is that NYS thinks a CCW permit is a privilege, and as long as that is the case, we have to "play nice" and not ruffle anyone's feathers.  If you want more privileges with less rules, then unfortunately NYS is not the place to be.

Agreed with the first paragraph.

Regarding the second, I think you could change "NYS" to "Nassau, Suffolk and especially NYC." In MANY upstate NY counties, an "unrestricted" NYS license is as easy, if not easier to get than the "restricted" license on Long Island. We may not have the most gun-friendly state in the nation, but none of these silly restrictions are state level rules. They are all invented and imposed by the county. If you were to look at it from a _purely_ state level, NY is effectively a "shall issue" state.
  • Destro likes this

#23 The Big Ox

The Big Ox

Warm, Caring Nurturer

• Banned
  • 6050 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma

Posted January 31 2010 - 11:20 AM

I used to get mail from this range at least once a month telling me i could shoot there for free if i used Edelmans Pistol service..I still dont know how they got my name

Ditto...

And anything associated with Edelman's Pistol Service....well, let me bite my tongue.

#24 Mint

Mint

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOceanside

Posted April 15 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hi, any new info on this range? Where exactly is it, what are the fees, and how do I join?

#25 Greener

Greener

Banned

• Banned
  • 741 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 09:52 PM

Zombie thread of the year award right here
  • grifhunter, Mint, li02liberty and 3 others like this

#26 Colfaulkner

Colfaulkner

Supreme Pontificator

• Established Member
  • 6971 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 10:00 PM

Zombie thread indeed. Kinda nice to see a post from Limo Lou again and kinda weird to see BobTorre pop up on a day when another member returned from banishment.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#27 2hotrotts

2hotrotts

Resident Ball Buster -BANNED

• Banned
  • 4993 posts
  • LocationMassapequa Park

Posted April 15 2013 - 10:00 PM

Wait let me put on my Members Only jacket and a Swatch before I read this thread
  • JoeyPBasically, Greener, li02liberty and 1 other like this

#28 FastFaller

FastFaller

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2801 posts
  • LocationFree America - NH

Posted April 15 2013 - 10:34 PM

SCPD removed the "stopping for refreshments" part from the blue book just because of things like this. "We're at a restaurant... eating dinner, on the way home from the range." A no-go anymore.

Huh? Maybe you are thinking Nassau, but Suffolk still allows stops. I got the book in front of me.

#29 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11553 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 11:39 PM

Huh? Maybe you are thinking Nassau, but Suffolk still allows stops. I got the book in front of me.

You missed a little detail in that post... It was from 2009~!
  • NRATC53, FULL METAL JACKET, 2hotrotts and 1 other like this

#30 ARMan

ARMan

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 729 posts
  • LocationIn a bunker ;)

Posted April 16 2013 - 12:24 AM

zombie thread alive again!!! by the way, anyone have info on this club??? seems no one knows about it

#31 airbrushart

airbrushart

airbrushart

• Club LIF Member
  • 5514 posts
  • Locationspace the final frontier

Posted April 16 2013 - 05:34 AM

Are you talking about the old Edelmans range in the basement near the fire house, if so yes I'm a member there joined Edelmans with a life membership in the 70's I think it cost around 200 back then.

#32 lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1498 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 06:29 AM

Clearmeadow :I think the range use to be the old store front colonial firearms in the basement on Jerusalem ave if I am correct

#33 Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan

Unappreciated while still alive

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 3841 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 07:19 AM

Clearmeadow :I think the range use to be the old store front colonial firearms in the basement on Jerusalem ave if I am correct

Colonial Arms is long gone. Clearmeadow is still there. It is in a basement of a strip mall on Gardiner's ave in Levittown. The Salvation Army used to be upstairs and I am not sure what is there now. I am a life member and would shoot there frequently but it is out of my way these days.

#34 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 16 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm a member their and usually go once a week. If you have a pistol license its worth joining there. Its also a great place to take people new to firearms (pistol license for them not necessary) since they can shoot 22 rifles and its never packed with people. Members can bring non members, cost $10 for each person.

And in case this gets derailed to their pistol service... I'm a member there and I'm telling you DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE! Using range good anything else bad.

I believe first year is a little under 200 then each following year is 90 something.

Edited by LoneWolfNY, April 16 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#35 Karpteach

Karpteach

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: , Donated Member, Club LIF Member

• 2554 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 07:39 AM

Wow, 5 large is a bit much. It is somewhat convienient for me. I guess if we could get a deal I would be greatly interested!

#36 FULL METAL JACKET

FULL METAL JACKET

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 24899 posts
  • Location"Sandpit"

Posted April 16 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'm a member their and usually go once a week. If you have a pistol license its worth joining there. Its also a great place to take people new to firearms (pistol license for them not necessary) since they can shoot 22 rifles and its never packed with people. Members can bring non members, cost $10 for each person.

And in case this gets derailed to their pistol service... I'm a member there and I'm telling you DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE! Using range good anything else bad.

I believe first year is a little under 200 then each following year is 90 something.

Everyone keeps saying its $10/ person... Is there someone there? I remember as a kid it was a door with a combo and no one there. It was one of the first ranges I shot at as a kid. Haven't been there in probably almost 30 years.

#37 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 16 2013 - 07:51 AM

To become a member its a little under $200 for first year. Then renews are 90 something. When a member brings a non member its $10 for that person each visit. No time limits, shoot till you run out of ammo.

I'm their all the time trust me its $10 for each guest. Their is a Range Officer their all the time.

Edited by LoneWolfNY, April 16 2013 - 07:52 AM.

• FULL METAL JACKET likes this

#38 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19574 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 08:14 AM

I was just discussing this with another member about a week ago - haven't been there in years and it was open/closo/open after the lawsuit so I was wondering what the current status was. Good to know.

#39 FastFaller

FastFaller

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2801 posts
  • LocationFree America - NH

Posted April 16 2013 - 09:16 AM

You missed a little detail in that post... It was from 2009~!

Awesome!!!

#40 Karpteach

Karpteach

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: , Donated Member, Club LIF Member

• 2554 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 09:28 AM

Is it open registration or do you need to be sponsored?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users