ClearMeadow gun range in Levittown - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

ClearMeadow gun range in Levittown

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 24 2009 - 05:10 PM

Is anyone else here a member? I'm a member and can bring non-members (u pay $10 a visit, no time limit). Indoor 25 yard range, set target at any distance.  Must have pistol license to shoot handguns. They allow handguns and 22cal rifles. If you become a member you get a member card that says open 24 hours.
  • RedStorm1911 likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5707 posts

Posted July 24 2009 - 05:13 PM

nope but would like to shoot with you sometime, maybe bring some friends, pm me if your interested.

#3 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 7346 posts

Posted July 24 2009 - 05:13 PM

how much is membership?

#4 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 24 2009 - 05:34 PM

nope but would like to shoot with you sometime, maybe bring some friends, pm me if your interested.

will pm you

#5 JFDLTD

JFDLTD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted July 24 2009 - 05:41 PM

hey lone Wolf I am a member of Clearmedow also, however don't use it much any more. I also belong to Freport R&R .. open 24/7 and accessable same with membership also they have several center fire and rimfire teams that compete in GLISA league. I think dues at Clearmeadow are $100 year? (don't quote me on that as I have lifetime membership ) Freeport is $150 year  with both indoor and outdoor ranges. Freeport does not allow guests however.

#6 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 24 2009 - 05:44 PM

how much is membership?

I don't remember first time enrollment price. I think its around 200. Renewal every year afterwards is around 85.

I would suggest for the first couple a weeks anyone interested come down and pay ten. After we know how many people are interested in becoming members, I'm thinking we are I can see if we can get a nice discount for you guys, counting on how many want to join.  I can tell you all one thing, if your going to Mitchell field to shoot handguns your going to prefer going here instead.

I figured I'd put this out here as my way of giving back to this web site.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#7 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 24 2009 - 05:52 PM

hey lone Wolf I am a member of Clearmedow also, however don't use it much any more. I also belong to Freport R&R .. open 24/7 and accessable same with membership also they have several center fire and rimfire teams that compete in GLISA league. I think dues at Clearmeadow are $100 year? (don't quote me on that as I have lifetime membership ) Freeport is $150 year  with both indoor and outdoor ranges. Freeport does not allow guests however.

I was thinking of joining the Freeport one, since I heard it is open 24/7 and it would be the only other place around me I can shoot rifles. Do they let you draw from the holster, practice malfunction drills, shoot in different positions and such? I also heard the target has to be put out to the 50 foot mark, is that true? I like to shoot from all distances, since you never know what distance the threat will be. I don't feel like telling the bad guy to stop what hes doing step fifty feet back and then continue what your doing. ;)

#8 _

_

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • 5707 posts

Posted August 04 2009 - 05:24 AM

I was thinking of joining the Freeport one, since I heard it is open 24/7 and it would be the only other place around me I can shoot rifles. Do they let you draw from the holster, practice malfunction drills, shoot in different positions and such? I also heard the target has to be put out to the 50 foot mark, is that true? I like to shoot from all distances, since you never know what distance the threat will be. I don't feel like telling the bad guy to stop what hes doing step fifty feet back and then continue what your doing. ;)

You can shoot at any distance outdoors as long as you are with the firing line (not behind and would not want to be ahead), I shoot and practice misfire all the time (load some spent cartridges and I have a good stovepipe round I throw in randomly then mix my mags) - I also draw from the holster if I am alone, dont think there is anything against it as long as you are safe, and positions I have been using as well outdoors, when alone.

Indoors is different and I dont do position shooting or holster draw due to the lack of space, and indoors is also a fixed 50 - but where else are you gonna find a private indoor range @ 3am. I can get you a rule book / guidelines when I see you - plus there are some members on here who might be able to correct me.

#9 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 04 2009 - 04:38 PM

Sounds good Sig

#10 bobtorre

bobtorre

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2268 posts

Posted August 04 2009 - 05:57 PM

Say I am a member at free port.  I get pulled over by long island's finest.  I say officer I am on my way to the range and I am carrying concealed. --  But Mr. Torre it is 3 in the morning. And I respond it is a 24/7 private range.  -- well in that case sir,  carry on and God speed.

is that how it works?

#11 cas

cas

115:5

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4036 posts

Posted August 04 2009 - 06:37 PM

Say I am a member at free port.  I get pulled over by long island's finest.  I say officer I am on my way to the range and I am carrying concealed. --  But Mr. Torre it is 3 in the morning. And I respond it is a 24/7 private range.  -- well in that case sir,  carry on and God speed.

is that how it works?

Yes and no. That might fly when you're in your car... assuming you're headed in the right direction.  Where are you REALLY going? What happens when Mr. Officer asks that there?  That's the flaw in that plan, that excuse only works while you drive where ever you're really going. Once you're there all bets are off.
SCPD removed the "stopping for refreshments" part from the blue book just because of things like this. "We're at a restaurant...  eating dinner, on the way home from the range."  A no-go anymore.

#12 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 05 2009 - 11:04 AM

Yes and no. That might fly when you're in your car... assuming you're headed in the right direction.  Where are you REALLY going? What happens when Mr. Officer asks that there?  That's the flaw in that plan, that excuse only works while you drive where ever you're really going. Once you're there all bets are off.
SCPD removed the "stopping for refreshments" part from the blue book just because of things like this. "We're at a restaurant...  eating dinner, on the way home from the range."  A no-go anymore.

+1

I have no first hand knowledge of having to tell a cop the range thing. Thats why as I mentioned in another post, know every gun range around you if you want to go that route.

#13 Vertiviper

Vertiviper

Iz'gon'rain

• LIF Site Moderator
  • 4890 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted August 05 2009 - 11:15 AM

is that how it works?

Like I always say, if it's legal you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Don't try to trick yourself into thinking something is legal if it isn't.  8)

#14 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5707 posts

Posted August 05 2009 - 11:28 AM

does ncpd allow stops for food/drink/restroom? I alwatys thought yes, could be wrong.

#15 bobtorre

bobtorre

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2268 posts

Posted August 05 2009 - 12:24 PM

So the 24 x 7 thing is just so that if you are on your bed restless, at let's say 3 in the am,  you always have an option to go shoot.  ;)

In that case I'll be happy to pay the 200 dollars 10 dollars at a time :)~

#16 reodds

reodds

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 607 posts

Posted August 05 2009 - 12:47 PM

Sorry to be spoil sport, but as in almost every part of "the law", it is open for interpretation.  If you are stopped by a LEO and he is not in a good mood, or your attitude is not up to snuff, he could be really nasty, and interpret the rules very narrowly, regardless of what the book says - "Telll it to the judge".

I think the most important thing to remember is that NYS thinks a CCW permit is a privilege, and as long as that is the case, we have to "play nice" and not ruffle anyone's feathers.  If you want more privileges with less rules, then unfortunately NYS is not the place to be.

#17 bobtorre

bobtorre

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2268 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 02:19 PM

Sorry to be spoil sport, but as in almost every part of "the law", it is open for interpretation.  If you are stopped by a LEO and he is not in a good mood, or your attitude is not up to snuff, he could be really nasty, and interpret the rules very narrowly, regardless of what the book says - "Telll it to the judge".

I think the most important thing to remember is that NYS thinks a CCW permit is a privilege, and as long as that is the case, we have to "play nice" and not ruffle anyone's feathers.  If you want more privileges with less rules, then unfortunately NYS is not the place to be.

Good advice.  Thanks

#18 Dazzo

Dazzo

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 893 posts

Posted August 07 2009 - 02:40 PM

So the 24 x 7 thing is just so that if you are on your bed restless, at let's say 3 in the am,  you always have an option to go shoot.  ;)

In that case I'll be happy to pay the 200 dollars 10 dollars at a time :)~

yea...that and the fact that not everyone has a 9-5,...

#19 RetLtMedic

RetLtMedic

Flashburn Studio/Bullseye Brassware

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member, Donated Member

• 724 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted January 31 2010 - 01:08 AM

I actually called there the other day, and it's 499 for the first yr, and 99 bucks for every yr after... Kinda steep no? They are open 7 days a week, day and night, but not sure of the exact hrs. That supposedly entitles you to shoot at 3 other ranges as well as Clearmeadow. They are : Medford Shooting Range, Smith Point Archery in Patchougue, And Olinville Arms in the Bronx. Also for the Newbies, their flyer says they offer free unlimited safety and marksmanship instruction, with instructors on duty all the time. Can't attest to the accuracy of this, as i've never been there.

#20 sicpup71

sicpup71

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 785 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 06:45 AM

Where is this range?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users