Good & fast Gunsmith for simple rifle work? - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Good & fast Gunsmith for simple rifle work?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MMurtha

MMurtha

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 382 posts

Posted April 18 2009 - 07:05 AM

I'm looking for a gunsmith who can tap the barrel and add a top rail to a Beretta Cx4. My eotech has been sitting on a shelf because I didn't realize you have to tap the barrel to add a top rail, it's not plug & play. Simple work, but not something I want to do myself. I also don't want to leave it in a store somewhere for weeks until some guy in the back gets around to it. Any ideas?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 dv0042

dv0042

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2143 posts

Posted April 18 2009 - 09:11 AM

I'm looking for a gunsmith who can tap the barrel and add a top rail to a Beretta Cx4. My eotech has been sitting on a shelf because I didn't realize you have to tap the barrel to add a top rail, it's not plug & play. Simple work, but not something I want to do myself. I also don't want to leave it in a store somewhere for weeks until some guy in the back gets around to it. Any ideas?

Like most other things in life...you can have it done right, or you can have it done fast...not both.

#3 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7236 posts

Posted April 18 2009 - 12:04 PM

MMurtha

I thought all CX-4 Storms came standard with top Picattiny rails (bottom and side rails optional). Is that not the case?

#4 MMurtha

MMurtha

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 382 posts

Posted April 19 2009 - 07:19 PM

Nope, only  an extractable one underneath the barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users