Edwards Sporting Goods - Page 3 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Edwards Sporting Goods

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 NorthForkSportsman

NorthForkSportsman

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • Others: MOD - Buy/Sell
  • 9630 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Hawaii

Posted September 19 2010 - 09:44 PM

In case you guys didn't know, Davidsons has a lifetime replacement on all the guns they sell. I blew up a Ruger Redhawk 44 and they sent me a brand new one!

It is great you get a choice of dealers and see the price before you go shop locally.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 DanJ

DanJ

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 883 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 11:53 PM

I've had completely opposite experiences in there.

I think I purchased two guns from them in the past two years. I know one was a glock, I cannot for the life of me remember what they charged but I do remember it being a fair price. Might have been a little more than getting it online and Xfered to me. No one was ever rude to me.

I kind of expect getting treated like crap at a gun shop because even though I am 26 I look like I am in high school. Never had that experience there and because of that I will continue shop there.

I know for a fact that either the husband or the wife up until recently had a very serious long term health issue. That might be why they seem miserable. I'm in the retail business and after doing it for only ten years I want to pour massive amounts of chlorine in the gene pool.    :)

#43 govlawyer

govlawyer

Gun Enthusiast

• Established Member
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted September 20 2010 - 09:39 AM

I kind of expect getting treated like crap at a gun shop because even though I am 26 I look like I am in high school. Never had that experience there and because of that I will continue shop there.

There is no reason for being treated like that-retail depends on customers returning again and again, and also by telling their friends that a place is a good place to go to (or not).

If a customer gets the feeling that he or she is a bother then he or she can take their money somewhere else, which is what I intend to do.  I don't have to do them the favor of being a customer-convenience is only one reason you shop somewhere.

#44 waveslave

waveslave

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWesthtmpton

Posted May 30 2018 - 12:33 PM

So funny, I went there today (Edwards) to pick up some ammo. I had never in the store before and the same guy was watching True Crime tv shows. They really didn't want me in there but took my money.

If you are looking for a shop close to Riverhead, Head over to Bait & Barrels. They have a great selection of Handguns and they are not only knowledgeable but some really nice people. Only went in there once and They made an impression on me. Not to mention they would order anything I wanted if they didn't have it. 

https://www.baitsnbarrels.com/

#45 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25201 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted May 30 2018 - 01:41 PM

Don’t they have a marijuana dispensary in Riverhead?

#46 Peconic Paladin

Peconic Paladin

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2151 posts

Posted May 30 2018 - 03:42 PM

If you are looking for a shop close to Riverhead, Head over to Bait & Barrels. They have a great selection of Handguns and they are not only knowledgeable but some really nice people. Only went in there once and They made an impression on me. Not to mention they would order anything I wanted if they didn't have it. 

https://www.baitsnbarrels.com/

Agreed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users