Edwards Sporting Goods - Page 2 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Edwards Sporting Goods

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 CAPT.MC.D

CAPT.MC.D

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 30 2010 - 08:52 PM

Hey im thinking of buying a new semi auto shotgun such as Remington 870 or mossberg and semi auto rifle like cx4 storm or something with a 223 or 308 from them does any one recommend one i should get and should i get it from them

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford
"Guns kill people, like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat."
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns.
If you're not willing to defend your life while you're still alive, don't come crying on my shoulder when you end up dead.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 govlawyer

govlawyer

Gun Enthusiast

• Established Member
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted September 19 2010 - 02:39 PM

Just got my ticket and I went over there to see if it was as bad as everyone said it was (IT IS) and to get a price on a handgun I want to buy.  Price was not totally over the top, but the guy tried to argue with me that the pistol I wanted to buy is illegal in NY- so much for knowing his merchandise- he was more interested in watching the TV real crime show than making a sale.  At least his partner knew that the weapon came with  10+1 mags.

I guess it was very rude of me to interrupt his tube time, but too bleepin' bad-stay home and watch, you moron.  Now  I won't even go there for things that I know they have and I need, even if their price is better and they are the closest shop to where I live.  

I wish that Campsite wasn't so far from the East End, but considering that good things that everyone has to say about the place, Huntington will probably be worth the trip.

#23 mentalsigness

mentalsigness

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 177 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 03:11 PM

There are a few gun shops that are closer to you than Campsite. Benson's in Selden, Chester's in Ronkonkoma, and Suffolk Sportsman in Smithtown.

#24 deadpair

deadpair

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 429 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 03:13 PM

I got my hunting license there this week, they are an odd crew for sure and they know it.  The shop is well stocked they are not eager to do business ,when a "local" comes in you see there tone changes . It's like that out here . They like a little give and take.  Don't go in when Glen Beck is on you'll be ignored for an hour.

#25 govlawyer

govlawyer

Gun Enthusiast

• Established Member
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted September 19 2010 - 03:36 PM

There are a few gun shops that are closer to you than Campsite. Benson's in Selden, Chester's in Ronkonkoma, and Suffolk Sportsman in Smithtown.

Campsite is the only one in that group that hasn't been flamed by the members.  I'm a newbie and  will do my homework before I come in and shop, but that doesn't mean that I can't be educated.  I was a little taken aback when this guy took an attitude to tell me that the gun was not legal in NY, even when I pointed out to him that on the web I was directed to a number of dealers up island who would sell it to me.  He mumbled something about the compact version of the weapon not being legal (wrong again). I felt like walking out, but his co-worker said he'd look up the price for me, so rather than be as rude as the old guy was, I got the price and thanked him for the effort.

You know, if the thought of bankruptcy is so exciting and fun, then I guess they should keep the attitude up and they'll experience the process first hand.  The internet and a savvy FFL owner will clean up over them sooner or later.  We do have options out here in the boonies.

#26 AkunaMatata

AkunaMatata

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 5575 posts
  • LocationRiverhead

Posted September 19 2010 - 04:00 PM

shop is well stocked they are not eager to do business

I agree with that at least. As far as local goes, I am a 3rd generation Riverhead, bought 2 firearms there, and they know me by by family name (a few of us around Riverhead) and because the older guy and his wife were in the air force (We had a story swap one time). Anyway, when I walk in there I STILL get treated like I'm intuding on a family dinner. I think they just dont like to make sales. I make the trip out to benson's, better stocked, and much friendlier. I always thought Edwards was just a place where they had to get to know you, but I think they're just socially awkward, or as the thread started off to say: Miserable.

#27 malakaguy

malakaguy

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 8117 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 04:21 PM

You're in riverhead? Make the trek to campsite, but drive another 20 min and you'll be in handgun heaven at SSS

#28 The Big Ox

The Big Ox

Warm, Caring Nurturer

• Banned
  • 6050 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma

Posted September 19 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hit all the shops Joe, even the shops that get flamed by the members. Try Chester's, Suffolk Shooting Supply, Benson's and Suffolk Sportsman, LISC, etc. If they are as bad as people say (which honestly hasn't been my experience at all), then you'll appreciate the store you decide to do business with that much more. You will eventually get the gun you want, but while hitting all the stores on the island, you'll find your second and third gun also!

#29 NorthForkSportsman

NorthForkSportsman

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • Others: MOD - Buy/Sell
  • 9630 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Hawaii

Posted September 19 2010 - 04:51 PM

I use Davidson's Gallery of guns to get my baseline of where prices should be before I go shopping. Campsite or Hunter usually have the best price come up. I have stopped three times in Edward's each time I leave empty handed. Locals swear by the place, I dont get it? :derr

#30 AkunaMatata

AkunaMatata

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 5575 posts
  • LocationRiverhead

Posted September 19 2010 - 05:28 PM

You're in riverhead? Make the trek to campsite, but drive another 20 min and you'll be in handgun heaven at SSS

It's that close? I always thought that was far out west. I'll check it out when I start hunting for an M1A.

#31 jrd

jrd

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 526 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 05:35 PM

Don't forget Suffolk Shooting Supply in Yaphank....nice shop and friendly service!!!

#32 mentalsigness

mentalsigness

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 177 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 05:42 PM

Yes, I have to visit there. The nice thing about them is how close they are to SCPD.  

#33 govlawyer

govlawyer

Gun Enthusiast

• Established Member
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationSouthampton

Posted September 19 2010 - 05:46 PM

This is why I love this place-good advice and no one has an axe to grind.  Davidson's was the site that told me the gun was legal and Campsite consistently has the cheapest price.  I intend to go to all (thanks to you, Ox)and shop, using the prices I got from Davidson's as the general spread of prices.

It's just that out east, all we hear is that we have to keep the big box stores out of the area and support the Mom and Pop.  They've even amended zoning to make it next to impossible for even a Barnes and Noble to put in a store in Bridgehampton (I understand they've given up), but if you go to the local Mom and Pop and ask for a title that is not on their liberal approved list (Liberals ban books?  Nah, just us Nazi conservatives do that), you get a look when you ask them to order it.  I just buy it from Amazon and the heck with them.

But when Mom and Pop act like you owe them something or you're bothering them, then I'll give them the same level of allegiance that they show back in respect for the customer-we do pay their bills, after all!

#34 CaptainMitchell

CaptainMitchell

Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.

• Club LIF Member
  • 6226 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 06:43 PM

Wrong on two counts

1) We are not all adults here
2) Most Ethnic jokes are not funny.  Most of them are extremely derogatory.

Ethnic jokes are funny only if your ethnicity is not the butt of the joke.

I can and always have laughed at jokes aimed at my ethnicity and my religion. I am also a level headed adult. There is a difference between an ethnic joke and a hateful comment. If you can not tell the difference between the two I hope you are never the subject of a roast.

#35 The Robfather

The Robfather

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 7310 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 07:08 PM

I use Davidson's Gallery of guns to get my baseline of where prices should be before I go shopping. Campsite or Hunter usually have the best price come up. I have stopped three times in Edward's each time I leave empty handed. Locals swear by the place, I dont get it? :derr

Can you fill me in on the gallery of guns sir?  Sounds interesting.

#36 mentalsigness

mentalsigness

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 177 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 07:18 PM

This is why I love this place-good advice and no one has an axe to grind.  Davidson's was the site that told me the gun was legal and Campsite consistently has the cheapest price.  I intend to go to all (thanks to you, Ox)and shop, using the prices I got from Davidson's as the general spread of prices.

It's just that out east, all we hear is that we have to keep the big box stores out of the area and support the Mom and Pop.  They've even amended zoning to make it next to impossible for even a Barnes and Noble to put in a store in Bridgehampton (I understand they've given up), but if you go to the local Mom and Pop and ask for a title that is not on their liberal approved list (Liberals ban books?  Nah, just us Nazi conservatives do that), you get a look when you ask them to order it.  I just buy it from Amazon and the heck with them.

But when Mom and Pop act like you owe them something or you're bothering them, then I'll give them the same level of allegiance that they show back in respect for the customer-we do pay their bills, after all!

I just heard there's finally a 7-11 out there. The residents fought it for years. Now I can imagine the same people that protested it are probably 7-11's best customers.

#37 ligun

ligun

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 2307 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 08:14 PM

I have purchased several guns at Bensons.  The only time I was ignored was when the salesperson was busy helping (not just shooting the breeze) someone else (which was fine by me because when they got to me, they gave me their total attention) and even then they apologized for not getting to me because they were busy.  I have gone back for service and they treated me properly.

#38 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38956 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 08:28 PM

Can you fill me in on the gallery of guns sir?  Sounds interesting.

It's run by Davidsons who is a huge wholesaler.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

#39 Highcaliber

Highcaliber

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 453 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 08:36 PM

It's run by Davidsons who is a huge wholesaler.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

Awesome website, thanks Pat! ;)

#40 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38956 posts

Posted September 19 2010 - 08:55 PM

In case you guys didn't know, Davidsons has a lifetime replacement on all the guns they sell. I blew up a Ruger Redhawk 44 and they sent me a brand new one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users