Edwards Sporting Goods - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Edwards Sporting Goods

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 tunahead

tunahead

Marksman

• Banned
  • 87 posts

Posted December 22 2009 - 12:50 PM

Is it me, or are those people that work there totally miserable?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 truckie453

truckie453

Little. Yellow. Different. Better.

• Club LIF Member
  • 1716 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, NY

Posted December 22 2009 - 01:11 PM

never heard of them... where are they located? What happened?

#3 Armedoc

Armedoc

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 734 posts

Posted December 22 2009 - 01:26 PM

You are dead on with that one.
They won't lift a finger to sell you their over-priced antiquated stock.
They are conveniently located for me though.

#4 Lad62der

Lad62der

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 785 posts

Posted December 22 2009 - 01:29 PM

Edwards Sports Center
1352 East Main St
Riverhead, NY 11901
631-727-4418

I believe this is the place.

#5 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted December 22 2009 - 01:35 PM

I stopped in there once on my way home from the wineries. They were open but no one was home. Big waste of time.

#6 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11551 posts

Posted December 22 2009 - 01:38 PM

Nah, that's just the Riverhead/Polishtown attitude....  Worked out there for 5 years, stopped in the same bagel shop every morning for 2 + of those years, NEVER got a Smile or a "Good Morning!"

I stopped going when I went in and they were taking people behind me on line...  when I questioned it I got "Oh, I thought you were with (pointing) him"
I was like WTF? I come here every morning, and you somehow think I'm with this guy???  What really killed it was that the moron never apologized, and CONTINUED to help people behind me!!!  

I saw a lot of that stupidity out there.

#7 tunahead

tunahead

Marksman

• Banned
  • 87 posts

Posted December 23 2009 - 08:52 PM

knew it wasn't me. too bad. but they really have poor attitudes and yes their used guns are famous for being too over priced.
Merry Christmas!

#8 deadpair

deadpair

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 429 posts

Posted December 24 2009 - 06:28 PM

Parashooter is right on with his description,it is a great shop with all kinds of stock. Archery ,fishing ,clothing ect.  It's just the way it is out here. When they get to know you they might even say "HI" ... Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Lamont

Lamont

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1429 posts

Posted December 25 2009 - 09:51 PM

Riverhead...the whole 2 years my ex lived out there while we dated I never knew there was a shop there. I know what you mean Parashooter, that place has a dreary tone. One day i was waiting at the LIRR stop in heavy fog...i thought the headless horseman was gonna come and get me.

#10 icom

icom

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 50 posts

Posted December 28 2009 - 07:14 PM

Riverhead...the whole 2 years my ex lived out there while we dated I never knew there was a shop there. I know what you mean Parashooter, that place has a dreary tone. One day i was waiting at the LIRR stop in heavy fog...i thought the headless horseman was gonna come and get me.

I dont know about the headless horesman, but with those latino gang members over there in that area, you are lucky you did not get sliced & diced. train station over there is not the best place to be waiting around.

Happy & healthy New Year to all.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted January 06 2010 - 02:29 AM

lol now thats funny

#12 bobtorre

bobtorre

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2268 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 07:45 AM

I dont know about the headless horesman, but with those latino gang members over there in that area, you are lucky you did not get sliced & diced. train station over there is not the best place to be waiting around.

Happy & healthy New Year to all.

Nah, it's those illegal canadian imigrants with their attitude.  We need to secure the northern border.  Ay Dios Mio. :B

#13 Lazygent

Lazygent

1000th member

• Donated Member
  • 1203 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 07:51 AM

Hey,take it easy on our Canada friends,,great beer,and happy people...

#14 Schneiderman

Schneiderman

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1334 posts

Posted January 12 2010 - 02:15 PM

Even though they're the only gun store anywhere near me, I won't go in there. When I was a kid me and my dad got a ruger 10/22 from them but nothing beyond that. Then out of curiosity I went in maybe about a year ago to see their stock and ask about FFL transfers and they made it clear that my business was not wanted. A friend of mine went in recently and said all their glocks are $800 and up.

#15 Foosel

Foosel

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2287 posts

Posted January 12 2010 - 03:07 PM

Seriously, what is it with you guys?  Why does every thread devolve into ethnic jokes?

#16 ppanagopoulos631

ppanagopoulos631

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 07 2010 - 09:12 PM

They are very nice people once you get to no them. No there glocks are not $800 and up. I have ben going in there for a long time. I have got great deals there. I got a Pre 64 Winchester Model 94 in 32 special for $250.00. It is a great gun. And none of the latinos are gang members. If you want real gangs go to Mastic theres plenty of them.
  • Trailblazer and Short Circuit like this

#17 CaptainMitchell

CaptainMitchell

Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.

• Club LIF Member
  • 6226 posts

Posted February 07 2010 - 09:58 PM

Seriously, what is it with you guys?  Why does every thread devolve into ethnic jokes?

I don't understand why everyone needs to be so PC. Ethnic jokes are and always have been funny. Are we not all adults here?

#18 NorthForkSportsman

NorthForkSportsman

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • Others: MOD - Buy/Sell
  • 9630 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Hawaii

Posted February 07 2010 - 10:07 PM

I have been in there several times. I dont know who said that "ALL" glocks are over 800.00 , completely untrue. Got a decent price and pleasant enough, no better or worse than expected. Several of us were duck hunters, helped us right away.
  • Short Circuit likes this

#19 DanHS

DanHS

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 2439 posts
  • LocationCalverton

Posted February 07 2010 - 10:22 PM

I think that place is on and off, once I went there and it was busy, but what I wanted was way overpriced. Another time I went when looking for a .22, they quoted me an ok price but they didn't seem cheerful at all, like they just wanted to go home. It was empty that day. I get the feeling that if I knew they had what I wanted at a good price, and I walked in cash in hand, I'd have a fine experience, but if I came in asking to see stuff and window shop, I'd get the 'eh' attitude they had the day I was trying to decide on a 22. I've also been told their transfer fee is about $60, but I don't recall asking them about it, so I don't know if that's true.

In Riverhood, at some places the people are really friendly, and other places they seem like they just want to go home and not deal with you, it's not a universal thing, just a lot of Riverhead isn't that pleasant, and I'm sure everyone has their good days and their lousy days. And at the train station and such, I think you have to worry about the Latino immigrants coming up to you asking for work more than you have to worry about them slicing you, it's not as crappy an area as you might think. Although I think something about the dreariness of downtown Riverhead drains people's brains or something, it's weird, I do see a lot of stupid there. I prefer to stay up north of Riverhood, and only venture down there when necessary...

#20 ligun

ligun

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 2307 posts

Posted February 08 2010 - 11:32 AM

I don't understand why everyone needs to be so PC. Ethnic jokes are and always have been funny. Are we not all adults here?

Wrong on two counts

1) We are not all adults here
2) Most Ethnic jokes are not funny.  Most of them are extremely derogatory.

Ethnic jokes are funny only if your ethnicity is not the butt of the joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users