T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there - Page 3 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#41 glocklife

glocklife

Tactical Shrubbery!!

• Established Member
  • 3802 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 31 2009 - 03:37 PM

South Shore Sportsman
9 LANSDOWNE AVE.
MERRICK, NY 11566
TEL. (516) 992-0004

http://sssli.com

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 kilroy2981

kilroy2981

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 2814 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 04:20 PM

I've been going to TNT for years, I only deal with hank. Recently I found out about campsite and Ive been going there for a couple of months. Great service, great sales people, especially Doug, they'll get my business from now on.

#43 stevenorlando

stevenorlando

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: ,
  • 1332 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 06:18 PM

FYI
There's some pics of LISCs shooting range for y ou folks out there that have never been there.  Just do a search.

http://www.lisc.net

Steve

#44 PaPaBear

PaPaBear

NYS Safety Instructor

• Board Moderator
  • 3881 posts
  • LocationIslip

Posted August 11 2009 - 07:25 PM

I have not walk in T&T gunner in 23 years  When my oldest kid was 2 she walk out of the store with 2 bumper stickers the guy ran out yelling at me that i owe him 2 dollars i gave back the stickers went to another store bought my 22-250 went back showed him the recite and told him next time don't worry too much about 2 dollars then ask if it was worth it to him

#45 thunderboltp47

thunderboltp47

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted September 06 2009 - 11:16 AM

My experience with T&T on Jericho Tpke, Garden City Park is that they are not that friendly.  I guess if you are a regular there, then it might be different. I did a few transfers there that were OK, but who knows, I guess the environment of this dopey state we live in (New York State) keeps everybody edgy with all its rules and regs.

#46 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 06 2009 - 12:38 PM

:backtotopic

#47 The Robfather

The Robfather

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 7310 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 04:40 PM

Frankly another place that I dealt with on the recommendation of a friend.  The jabba fellow is the rudest business owner i've run across in retail.  He believes he's doing you a favor.  Even more disturbing is the nonsense that goes on there.  First, there are two thousand and one personal conversations going on.  I run my own business.  While I have no issues with a personal conversation here and there I object strongly to one that detracts from your performing your job and certainly am disturbed by one that is in front of a customer and forces him to wait.  Once you do get help in between the senseless prattle amongst "the clique" good luck to you getting accurate information.  I watched the fellow in glasses behind the counter sell the wrong ammunition to one fellow.  Accept an ammunition return from another who said that he had attempted to use one of the shells only to have it misfire.  The misfired shell was in the bag the customer said.  The cerk said he had no time to search for it, sealed the bag, marked it again, stapled it closed and put it back on the shelf.  God help the customer who buys this bag with a already struck, defective shell in the bag.  This is downright criminal.  I watched a customer come in to pick up a firearm that was supposedly the last one available, then came back a few days later to see voila another two on the rack.  Their prices are hit and miss.  They do have a nice collection of used firearms but none that you'd lose your mind over.  I witnessed a bait and switch where a customer brought in an item that he bought elsewhere and needed adjustment.  The clerk responded that the item was broken and tried to sell him a $100 replacement part.  Again, Hank is the only saving grace of this disgrace of an establishment.  He is a gentleman.  the rest of the staff are either scheisters, incometent or simple asses.  This is not a store but rather a boy's club that purports to be a gun shop.  I will not but anything anymore from them going forward of this I have no doubt.  I need to look into sss and resign myself to the fact that if dick's doesn't carry it, i'm not likely to get it.  Of all the hobbies i have and all the businesses i've dealt with i've never seen such rampant non-consumer friendly attitude as in the firearms hobby business.  It truly is disheartening.  I've been to american outdoors on 110.  what a joke.  filthy store.  rude salespeople.  just a joke.  T&T.  It's truly a shame.  It's a great hobby with many great hobbyists but the retails arm of the hobby continues to let us down.

#48 glocklife

glocklife

Tactical Shrubbery!!

• Established Member
  • 3802 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted November 06 2009 - 05:04 PM

I'm really disturbed by this statement and I'm not sure you should have left the store after not seeing that rectified.  I am by no means blaming you in any way, but maybe you should have called it to the attention of the owner.

This is really disturbing and you are right it is CRIMINAL.  They aren't selling paperweight guns, this is LIVE ammo.  If anyone goes to this store I would call it to the attention of the owner.  I've heard somewhere fairly reliable that after a round is misfired it has a strong possibility of going of in the next 60 seconds and is still live as long as it is not tended to.

Very disturbing!!!!

Accept an ammunition return from another who said that he had attempted to use one of the shells only to have it misfire.  The misfired shell was in the bag the customer said.  The cerk said he had no time to search for it, sealed the bag, marked it again, stapled it closed and put it back on the shelf.  God help the customer who buys this bag with a already struck, defective shell in the bag.  This is downright criminal.

#49 The Robfather

The Robfather

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 7310 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 06:01 PM

I'm really disturbed by this statement and I'm not sure you should have left the store after not seeing that rectified.  I am by no means blaming you in any way, but maybe you should have called it to the attention of the owner.

This is really disturbing and you are right it is CRIMINAL.  They aren't selling paperweight guns, this is LIVE ammo.  If anyone goes to this store I would call it to the attention of the owner.  I've heard somewhere fairly reliable that after a round is misfired it has a strong possibility of going of in the next 60 seconds and is still live as long as it is not tended to.

Very disturbing!!!!

I truly had no idea what my recourse was save for not purchasing anything from them.  I also witnessed Jabba taking several boxes of ammo back from one of the clique and trading it for some ammo off the shelf.  Now again I'm no expert but when I buy ammo I don't want ammo that someone else has used and brought back for whatever reason.  Again like you said, it's not paperweights.

#50 The Robfather

The Robfather

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 7310 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 06:02 PM

Frankly, I just want to get my gun back from the manufacturer through them and then erase the place from my gun vendors.

#51 Colt 700

Colt 700

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1030 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 06:23 PM

I also witnessed Jabba taking several boxes of ammo back from one of the clique and trading it for some ammo off the shelf.  Now again I'm no expert but when I buy ammo I don't want ammo that someone else has used and brought back for whatever reason.  Again like you said, it's not paperweights.

Isn't that illegal to take back ammo ?

#52 dv0042

dv0042

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2143 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 06:32 PM

For what its worth, I did overhear some of the regulars speaking negatively with some of the T&T staff about Mark over at Hunter. This sort of pissed me off.

Douche bags are usually found in groups...safety in numbers.

#53 bobtorre

bobtorre

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2268 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 06:45 PM

.... It's a great hobby with many great hobbyists but the retails arm of the hobby continues to let us down.

CAMPSITE

The folks there will take care of your shop blues... Tell them Bob Torre sent you. 8)

#54 slowryder

slowryder

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1448 posts

Posted November 06 2009 - 07:34 PM

The day I was going to pick up a CZ 83 for $299 a year ago or so I was delayed and couldn't get there. The next day I called in the AM and NCPD and FTA agents had closed them down and seized all there guns. It worked out good for me I got a preban CZ-82 with extra 12 rd magazine, cleaning rods and holster from Aim. :punk

#55 The Robfather

The Robfather

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 7310 posts

Posted November 07 2009 - 09:00 AM

The day I was going to pick up a CZ 83 for $299 a year ago or so I was delayed and couldn't get there. The next day I called in the AM and NCPD and FTA agents had closed them down and seized all there guns. It worked out good for me I got a preban CZ-82 with extra 12 rd magazine, cleaning rods and holster from Aim. :punk

just to confirm, this was T&T.  could you give me a ballpark date on this?  i have friends who use this place religiously and i'd like to track down any news coverage on this to pass it along to them.

#56 123

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 374 posts

Posted November 07 2009 - 09:49 AM

I can definitely see where some of you are coming from regarding some of the retailers mentions. I only started with guns a few years ago so had no prior experience with anything.

Living near Rt110, I started my search locally and branched out from there. I ended up at T&T which is where I purchased my first rifle. Had I dealt with anyone other than Hank I might have left and been of the same negative opinion as many here.

I didn't know much about pricing at the time. My concern was more with availability and they had what I wanted. Eventually I started comparing prices online, and found that I got a good deal. Being a total newbie, Hank could have ripped me off. Instead, he decided to create a regular customer. Gave me great information, didn't sell me into a more gun than I needed (which would have been easy at the time) and charged a fair price.

Shortly after that I was in the market for a shotgun. I went to another store on the recommendation of a friend. They ordered the gun I wanted and I waited. To make a long story short, the shotgun never came in, I got my deposit back and drove over to T&T. They happened to have the exact one I was looking for in stock. Hank wasn't there. Still being pretty new to all this, I ended up overpaying. Not by much - the price was virtually the same as what I was going to pay in the other store. (Later I did realize that I could have ordered it online for less.)

The following week I went back to T&T looking for gun safe. Hank was there and I mentioned about coming in for the shotgun. When he heard what I paid he was not happy. To make a long story short, he made it up to me on the purchase of the safe.

When my pistol license came through, I went right back to Hank. Within 48 hours he was able to get me the exact pistols I wanted at the best price I could find. It was an excellent deal (By that point, I was more savvy on prices and knew exactly what a good price was). Months later, I went back to Hank and bought some more pistols. The model I wanted was much harder to find and many retailers were gouging on price due to limited availability. Again, Hank got them for me within 48 hours at a price that could not be beat (locally or elsewhere).

When I got my first pistols, T&T in Seaford still wasn't able to sell handguns, so the actual transaction had to take place at the T&T in New Hyde Park. Hank sent me over to deal with the guy there who happens to be his father. They also treated me great. Knowing I was new, they walked me through everything without being condescending.

Recently, a friend was looking for pistols like mine. For whatever reason, this particular model is harder to find right now. I sent him to Hank at T&T. My friend went there, plus shopped the same guns at just about every shop on Long Island. Hank claimed up to 2-3 weeks to get the guns in. Other shops claimed 1 week for delivery. In all cases, T&T was at least $40 less per gun than any other shop.

Again, I can see how some are turned off by T&T. I lucked out by meeting Hank on my first visit. As long as he is there, I will be a regular customer and highly recommend the place. However, I will ONLY deal with Hank and make it very clear to others that he is the only person to deal with at T&T.

I think almost every gun shop has at least one good guy and one p**ck. They all seem to have at least a few "regulars" that hang around which can intimidate customers (make you feel like you are interrupting a private conversation). Seem like luck of the draw with timing and who is working that will determine one's experience.

#57 Lostinthewoods

Lostinthewoods

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 756 posts

Posted November 07 2009 - 10:05 AM

What's all the fuss about T-n-T?  Don't you like buying $800 WASR's?  At least they came down in price from the day after election day...  

I refuse to do business with a store that gouged customers as much as the did (still do) after election day.  Sure, everyone's prices went up a little after election day but much of that was driven by distributors.   I bought 75 grain Prvi .223 match from them one day for ~$90.00 per 200 and a few weks later it was $200 for the same ammo.  $1 per round of .223 is just plain robbery....

#58 PandM

PandM

moved to greener pastures

• Club LIF Member
  • 10857 posts

Posted January 16 2010 - 12:08 PM

I have tried and tried to drop my dollars at T&T, because they are convienient and always have something new up on the shelves.
I have managed to buy ammo there, as it's self service, but when it comes to dealing with the people in the store, I was treated as more of a nusiance than a customer.
Now, I don't need my butt kissed, but I do expect professionalism and even moderate customer servive.
I'm in complete agreement with a couple of the other posts I haveread here. If you're not one of the regulars there, you're invisible.
I went in about a month ago again, hoping to be surprised. After getting the standard T&T treatment, I got in the car and drove 5 minutes to Hunter Sports where I dropped about $1000 on a new toy.
To me, T&T is just not woth the effort. Too bad too.
  • AntVinTas likes this

#59 lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1498 posts

Posted January 16 2010 - 12:42 PM

[email protected] nothing more then a joke I seen better gun shops on the Island
Marty I no him back when he was selling military guns out of his basement .

#60 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4903 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted January 18 2010 - 04:01 PM

just returned from T and T after getting still another good deal, courtesy of Hank, but I will
state that I have never overpaid on a firearm there, and have purchased ten or so there.
Its a shame Marty does not get the others who allegedly work there to model their
customer service techniques after Hank.  Since my office used to be in Westbury, and
I live in 'pequa, there were other shops that I could have stuck with, but as long as
Hank is there, I will not be looking.  I have walked into Hunter Sports and been ignored the
same as the T and T crowd other than Hank evidently does to so many, and I will never set
foot again in American Outdoors, new store or not.  Last time I was in Bensons I was treated
fine, but its simply not convenient for me.  The new shop in RVC was at a fishing flea market
last month and they seemed like a good bunch of guys as well.  But I like T and T.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users