T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there - Page 2 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2138 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted June 28 2009 - 03:19 PM

I've gone into TNT many times and have gotten so-so service. I mainly have gone in there to browse their AK47 and AR15 rifles but they know that I'm an NYC resident and cant legally purchase them, and for that I remember Hank once joking with me by saying "you done playing with that AR yet?" which I took as a joke since I usually dont let things bother me, but in my heart of hearts, I think what would have went over better with me is if he said "are you done handling the AR"

On another occasion I went into TNT to ask some questions regarding some accessories. I approached a salesman who appeared somewhat busy and he immediately snapped at me "WHAT DO YOU WANT" then immediately went into apology mode, and apologized for snapping at me. I told him "thats ok dont sweat it" and went about asking him my questions. As I walked out the store I thought to myself gee I wonder whats up with some of those guys?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 digthesig

digthesig

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 65 posts

Posted June 28 2009 - 04:54 PM

i like campsite

#23 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 28 2009 - 06:11 PM

What drives me nuts is thinking that over half the people that go to tnt probably don't know about South shore Sports. Around five years I have been going to tnt and never new of SSS. Even when I was getting tired of tnt and I started looking elsewhere, I never heard of them from people I was asking. Went to all the other places mentioned on here and got so so service so I always went back to tnt. When I finally found SSS, I felt I found Long Islands best kept secret.
  • Billy Longbow likes this

#24 Johnc

Johnc

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • Others: , ,
  • 3908 posts

Posted June 28 2009 - 06:18 PM

What drives me nuts is thinking that over half the people that go to tnt probably don't know about South shore Sports. Around five years I have been going to tnt and never new of SSS. Even when I was getting tired of tnt and I started looking elsewhere, I never heard of them from people I was asking. Went to all the other places mentioned on here and got so so service so I always went back to tnt. When I finally found SSS, I felt I found Long Islands best kept secret.

That is one of the things that makes our forum a great place.  As we continue to grow, you can be sure that many of Long Islands secrets will surface.   Gun shops good, bad and indifferent will be exposed.

#25 Jarhead0331

Jarhead0331

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 176 posts

Posted June 28 2009 - 07:55 PM

I agree that T&T sometimes has outrageous prices. I've posted on my experiences there in other threads. However, I've always found their customer service to be more or less pretty acceptable. I don't need help with many questions though. I generally know what I'm looking for, what I expect to pay, and  what I intend to use it for...Still, Hank always makes a note to stop what he is doing and say hi.

When I read this thread, I just got home from there, and had spent A LOT of money. In general though, I feel it was a fair deal on rifles I couldn't get anyplace else locally. So for me, when money isn't such an issue, and I know I can't get what I want at Hunter, I'll still go to T&T.

For what its worth, I did overhear some of the regulars speaking negatively with some of the T&T staff about Mark over at Hunter. This sort of pissed me off.

#26 cowmon2

cowmon2

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 469 posts
  • LocationBabylon

Posted June 29 2009 - 12:43 AM

Fran and Tony over at LISC are definitly good to work with

#27 NorthForkSportsman

NorthForkSportsman

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • Others: MOD - Buy/Sell
  • 9630 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Hawaii

Posted July 31 2009 - 12:26 PM

I agree Tony at LISC is excellent to deal with. I been there a lot the last couple weeks and they meet and greet. Place could use some freshing up and a new roof, the way it leaks might as well wear a raincoat in there.      

#28 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5707 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 12:31 PM

+1 I know how you feel. plus im a 5.11 nut and there is always some new ccw bag or something - wifes cut me off

#29 reodds

reodds

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 607 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 01:23 PM

I too must sgree.  I recently went to T&T to buy a Glock 23.   Although they did not have any in stock, they would "do me a favor" and order one for $595.00.  I am not a new customer there, and have spent quite a bit on rifles, ammo etc. previously.

I left the store, went right over to Hunter Sports in Massapequa, where not only did Mark treat me as though he really cared, but sold me the gun for almost $100.00 less.

Follow everyone's advice, don't buy at T&T.

#30 bobtorre

bobtorre

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2268 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 02:04 PM

I bought a mosin nagant from them about 3 years ago.  If you had asked me back then about T and T I would've done my best to convince you to go and check their store.   I think their selection of old rifles is impressive and back then the guys I dealt with seemed to know what they were talking about.  About 2 months ago give or take a week, I decided to make the pilgrimige once again.  As I was looking at their old rifles I overheard about 4 guys talking about "Puerto Ricans".  I don't know their names, but they all seemed to work there.  It was almost closing time and I guess they were just chit-chating.  I am not Puerto Rican, but the stuff they said offended me to my core as a Latino.  I just could not believe that in the North-East there were people who had that mentality.  Unreal.  I did not ask for help, but I left as quickly as I could.  Don't know if they saw me coming or leaving.  I tell you I am not going back.

I love CampSite and Suffolk shooting supply at Yaphank.  Great Guys

#31 _

_

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 5707 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 02:18 PM

I bought a mosin nagant from them about 3 years ago.  If you had asked me back then about T and T I would've done my best to convince you to go and check their store.   I think their selection of old rifles is impressive and back then the guys I dealt with seemed to know what they were talking about.  About 2 months ago give or take a week, I decided to make the pilgrimige once again.  As I was looking at their old rifles I overheard about 4 guys talking about "Puerto Ricans".  I don't know their names, but they all seemed to work there.  It was almost closing time and I guess they were just chit-chating.  I am not Puerto Rican, but the stuff they said offended me to my core as a Latino.  I just could not believe that in the North-East there were people who had that mentality.  Unreal.  I did not ask for help, but I left as quickly as I could.  Don't know if they saw me coming or leaving.  I tell you I am not going back.

I love CampSite and Suffolk shooting supply at Yaphank.  Great Guys

thats a real shame.

#32 reodds

reodds

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 607 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience Bob, no one should be exposed to racism.  

I once heard that the difference between racism in the Norhteast and racism in the South, is that you expect to hear it openly in the South, here there is the same (some say more) hatred, it is just that no one speaks about it out loud...

As I said before, yet another reason to pass by T&T

#33 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 31 2009 - 02:35 PM

During this whole obama craze everyone raised there prices but tnt raised them to new levels never seen by me. I remember them selling s-12's for a 150 more than SSS. I remember this since my buddy was looking for one at the time and he told me there price. Told him to get the hell out of the store and walk down the street.

#34 glocklife

glocklife

Tactical Shrubbery!!

• Established Member
  • 3802 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 31 2009 - 02:42 PM

South Shore is the ONLY place I buy from.  They will always have my business as long as they don't get too big on themselves which I don't see happening because there are good people there.

I'm happy to give them my $$ and support those guys because they've earned it.

Great Store, Great People.  All others should be very afraid of the new guy in town.  I've been to many of the places that are talked about here and I have experienced the same results.

Anyone asking my opinion would get one answer South Shore Sports

#35 glocklife

glocklife

Tactical Shrubbery!!

• Established Member
  • 3802 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted July 31 2009 - 02:49 PM

Just another quick point I wanted another pair of the tac-lite pants and they didn't have 30-30 (I know I'm a thin guy) so I asked mikey if he could get them for me and he said they'll be on his next order.

They also tried to save me money last week on ammo by buying a case rather than individual boxes and said if I didn't have the $$ he'd just use it in the store.

Another time I ordered a lasermax internal and when I picked it up I didn't have the receipt of my deposit and he couldn't find his and took my word for it.

Great guys ---- ENOUGH said

#36 bobtorre

bobtorre

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 2268 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 02:56 PM

South Shore is the ONLY place I buy from.  They will always have my business as long as they don't get too big on themselves which I don't see happening because there are good people there.

I'm happy to give them my $$ and support those guys because they've earned it.

Great Store, Great People.  All others should be very afraid of the new guy in town.  I've been to many of the places that are talked about here and I have experienced the same results.

Anyone asking my opinion would get one answer South Shore Sports

can you tell us the address or contact info.  I am always open to new places specially good ones.

#37 stevenorlando

stevenorlando

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: ,
  • 1332 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 03:01 PM

to have a better expeirance at lisc ask for fran or tony,and yes they are aware of whats going on and they dont like it either.

I agree! Try to deal with Tony as much as you can! Fran is ok as well, but she doesn't do gun sales as far as I know!

I bought a used pistol there and Tony was great. He went inside the range and showed me how to use it, then he showed me how to field-strip it.

I used to be a member there, but they raised their prices to almost double, and they are the only range I've been to that charges their members an hourly fee (although reduced compared to non-members) to use the range. If you buy a firearm from them, they will give you 3 mo membership free as well.

Steve

#38 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 31 2009 - 03:03 PM

FYI
There's some pics of LISCs shooting range for y ou folks out there that have never been there.  Just do a search.

#39 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 31 2009 - 03:03 PM

Is there a Joe from LISC?

#40 chapperjoe

chapperjoe

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 911 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 03:30 PM

Another +1 for south shore.

When i LIKE going somewhere to pay RETAIL you know they're doing something right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users