T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there - Page 13 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#241 PandM

PandM

moved to greener pastures

• Club LIF Member
  • 10857 posts

Posted October 26 2010 - 03:27 PM

call South Shore. He had a couple of 10/22s last time I was in.
Not sure if he has any used, but it's worth the call.
At least you'll get treated right.
516 992 0004

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#242 Dfisch

Dfisch

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1542 posts

Posted October 26 2010 - 04:21 PM

How can anyone go to T&T when he charges almost double for a stripped LRB lower. http://www.gunsameri...er-Only/LRB.htm

#243 BIGROB

BIGROB

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 3206 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 26 2010 - 05:10 PM

How can anyone go to T&T when he charges almost double for a stripped LRB lower. http://www.gunsameri...er-Only/LRB.htm

that is absolutely insane.

#244 brown

brown

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 369 posts
  • LocationLevittown

Posted October 26 2010 - 09:23 PM

call South Shore. He had a couple of 10/22s last time I was in.
Not sure if he has any used, but it's worth the call.
At least you'll get treated right.
516 992 0004

will do, thanks :)

#245 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2962 posts

Posted November 06 2010 - 11:35 PM

I won't go back there.  I brought 2 guns from hank, and a pistol from the big guy.  The big guy still don't know me from a hole in the wall.  and hank is best friends with 10 zillion people, so he has no time for anyone.  he needs a grocery ticket machine just to give out proper service.

I went to south shore, and the owner mike walked over to me and properly introduced himself to make sure I was all set.

The other store in massapequa, once again the owner helped me out, and talked to us for 20 minutes teaching my son about trap.

#246 sherm66

sherm66

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6119 posts

Posted November 07 2010 - 12:56 AM

Dude, resellers and middle men do this all the time. Ever buy MDMI cables from Best Buy? You can get them from NewEgg or any myriad of on-line vendors for 10 bucks a pop. Yet people walk into stores across the country and lay out 60-70 bucks for them. No one's boycotting them. An uneducated consumer is the best customer. You think a car dealer is going to pull you aside and say,

"Hey, you're paying about 3 grand too much here buddy."

I worked in the travel biz for a year or so selling high end tours. The mark-up was insane on some of the tour packages we put together. I wasn't crying over heavy profit. Nor will any other biz owner. Contrary to Obama saying so, I don't think you can reach a point where you've earned too much money.

#247 Glenn Bartley

Glenn Bartley

Banned

• Banned
  • 2180 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 09:14 PM

I went to the White Plains gun show a week or so ago. I bought a Mosin nagant 91/30 from them. It was only a $99 gun, $108 with tax but they treated me like a king. They were helpful, they allowed me to take out the bolt to view down the bore (they snipped off the nylon tie keeping to bolt locked open), they were polite, they did not hurry me even though there were some other customers, they treated meas well as the guy looing at something more expensive. I don't see what all the complaints are about. These were the guys from the store in Seaford I think though they said they also had the stote on Jericho Turnpike in New Hyde park too (where I know they used to be really terrible for service and prices in my opinion).

Good price, great service and polite too. I had 5 people try to buy that Nagant from me as I walked around the show with it. At least one of them bought another one from T&T and they were thankful that I sent him over. Good service, prices and being polite gets my excellent rating and reference anyday.

All the best,
Glenn  B

#248 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 14 2011 - 09:37 PM

I went to the White Plains gun show a week or so ago. I bought a Mosin nagant 91/30 from them. It was only a $99 gun, $108 with tax but they treated me like a king. They were helpful, they allowed me to take out the bolt to view down the bore (they snipped off the nylon tie keeping to bolt locked open), they were polite, they did not hurry me even though there were some other customers, they treated meas well as the guy looing at something more expensive. I don't see what all the complaints are about. These were the guys from the store in Seaford I think though they said they also had the stote on Jericho Turnpike in New Hyde park too (where I know they used to be really terrible for service and prices in my opinion).

Good price, great service and polite too. I had 5 people try to buy that Nagant from me as I walked around the show with it. At least one of them bought another one from T&T and they were thankful that I sent him over. Good service, prices and being polite gets my excellent rating and reference anyday.

All the best,
Glenn  B

I figure i will save someone else from stating the obvious..... Only THREE post.

#249 Guest_peashooter_*

Guest_peashooter_*
  • Guests

Posted February 14 2011 - 09:41 PM

Two of which are blasting somewhat decent stores, the third praising T&T.

Meet the new employee!

#250 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4922 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted February 14 2011 - 09:44 PM

Glenn B may only have 4 posts so far, but his vote on Election Day counts just as much as any of ours.  Besides, I agree with him, lol., as I have never had a problem at T and T with Marty or any of the others there.  And I would buy anything from Hank !  But why knock someone over a post count ?

#251 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 14 2011 - 10:02 PM

Glenn B may only have 4 posts so far, but his vote on Election Day counts just as much as any of ours.  Besides, I agree with him, lol., as I have never had a problem at T and T with Marty or any of the others there.  And I would buy anything from Hank !  But why knock someone over a post count ?

Well based on what peashooter just said, I would say its kinda clear he came here with a agenda to help tnt. Which is what I thought.

I dont knock anyone here with higher post counts that like them, because they probably really do, which is there right. But a new guy on here putting out false info that can screw other new people on here getting involved in the sport that dont know better about tnt..... That does bother me.

#252 hunter won

hunter won

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 1468 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 10:07 PM

I have been going to T&T since the mid 1980's,Marty has been in business for a long time,Hank is a great guy and makes you feel welcomed.Marty had a bunch of M1 Garand rifles back in the late 80's.I think he was selling them for around $400 at the time.I asked him whats the best you can do on the gun.Marty said we'll flip a coin $300 you win $400 I win.I won the coin toss...Even at $400 it was a good deal.Marty use to put ads in the Newsday,if you bought a gun he would throw in a knife or something that was free.It brought in new customers.  

#253 XM110

XM110

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 10:14 PM

If glen b loves tnt so much why did his son buy a stag arms at classic don't get it

#254 mikeee

mikeee

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1007 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 10:27 PM

bottom line is this people with more posts and who have been in the hobby for a while know TNT is bad news. People with low post counts and that are new think they are good. 15 years ago I thought they were good to but now hey im the one who drove 35 miles to another store and spent 50$ more for a pistol because they are nice and pleasant to deal with. I wonder how long till one of there reloads goes boom and kills someone because the illegal in the back threw a double charge?  

#255 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 14 2011 - 10:34 PM

If glen b loves tnt so much why did his son buy a stag arms at classic don't get it

OH great NOW we have a low post count guy pretending not to like tnt..... must be a undercover tnt lover tyring to make the tnt haters look bad. J/K lmao.

All serious, lets not get are tempers flying. If someone who has put the time in here likes tnt so be. I just dont like people with alternative motives. PLUS......I would never forgive myself if I get this CLOSED. There's so much enjoyment seeing how many pages this can continue to go on for, and reading all the stories or priceless.  
  • mafr0201 likes this

#256 mafr0201

mafr0201

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 74 posts

Posted July 10 2014 - 10:14 PM

Good evening LIF family,

It's been a very long time since I’ve posted, and needless to say this post years ago is still very close to my heart. The power of a well-focused group is amazing and our force as a cohesive unit is astounding.

Thanks again Family,
Mafr0201
  • The Architect and LongIsland Guy like this

#257 zx9allday

zx9allday

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3151 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted July 10 2014 - 10:31 PM

Wow 5 years later and still have animosity. I don't blame you, one bad experience can change ones mind for a lifetime. Anyway Ahhh the good old days we had 5 years ago. 30 round prebans and no stupid grips.
  • The Architect, mafr0201, baxtersmith and 3 others like this

#258 MrMutzie

MrMutzie

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 361 posts
  • LocationEmperor Obama Land

Posted July 16 2014 - 10:02 AM

I bought my 30-06 from TnT mainly because if you pay cash they give you a small discount and no tax. Service could have been better but meh.
  • The Architect likes this

#259 lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1498 posts

Posted July 16 2014 - 10:08 AM

[email protected] BAD NEWS

#260 greenlawnj

greenlawnj

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 160 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 09:13 PM

T & T not the same since they dumped Hank. Screw em, he's now a VP at Microtech in charge of the custom shop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users