T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there - Page 12 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

T&T Gunnery: Don't waste your money there

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#221 The Robfather

The Robfather

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 7310 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 02:08 PM

I'll give up this hobby before I'll buy from the &^%^&%&^% in Seaford. I stand corrected on who is related to whom, and thanks for straightening me out

best quote ever.  

bump sticker material.

T&T:  Right before you give up the hobby.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#222 hunter won

hunter won

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 1468 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 02:10 PM

Marty vs LIF ...wow I'm surprised he hasn't filed a slander claim with the above quote.

#223 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 11 2010 - 02:12 PM

Marty vs LIF ...wow I'm surprised he hasn't filed a slander claim with the above quote.

You mean Marty vs Original POSTER

#224 hunter won

hunter won

Gun Guru

• Banned
  • 1468 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 02:22 PM

You mean Marty vs Original POSTER

I sure hope it doesn't happen....He may be very hyper sensitive that a web site is a vehicle to bad mouth him and his lively hood.

#225 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38956 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 02:38 PM

For the record,  Hank has offered us help behind the scenes. Hopefully more to come!

#226 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 11 2010 - 02:41 PM

Yep..

#227 lonewolf8o

lonewolf8o

III%

• Club LIF Member
  • 1508 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted October 11 2010 - 08:37 PM

What do these two last post mean?

#228 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38956 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 08:39 PM

It means that with all the trash that gets posted about T & T, Hank has offered us help and hope you will see something from him soon.

#229 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 11 2010 - 08:39 PM

What do these two last post mean?

Here's one.. 'meaning'
http://longislandfir...86839628.09848/

#230 IVFLO

IVFLO

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1294 posts

Posted October 11 2010 - 09:05 PM

In all honesty, I have never been to this store, however this seams as a never ending rant against it.

In my opinion, we should lock this one and see what the future might bring.

I suggest we as a community give them a break, they are trying to do right.

Just my opinion, I have no affiliation to the store or the owners.

#231 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• 36800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 11 2010 - 09:07 PM

Many people have voiced their opinions.  WHat needs to happen is members stop by there now and see how the experience goes.  Hank is a really nice guy. And not for the raffle..

#232 sherm66

sherm66

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6119 posts

Posted October 16 2010 - 11:45 PM

Many people have voiced their opinions.  What needs to happen is members stop by there now and see how the experience goes.  Hank is a really nice guy. And not for the raffle..

In that vein, I stopped in yesterday(Friday) with a friend around mid day on a luch break from a class we were attending. The shop was packed. I'd say there were 20+ customers there.

Marty was sitting by the door. He greeted us(and smiled!?!). The place was packed. As we made our way to the back I noted there were 6-7 people either behind the counters or out helping people. We made it to the back and Marty's wife came by and asked us if we needed help. My friend is looking for his first AR so he said yes. She showed us few different ones. She told him Bushmaster is what the US military is currently issuing. Posted Image To her credit she's up on NYS AWB stuff(brake vs flash hider, stocks etc). My friend is really enthused about buying an AR. So much so that he's kinds apt to put money down on something just on the salesperson's word alone. She talks him up to a .308 and before I know it she walks him over to a Mako guy on the other side of the shop to Gucci up his potential purchase. My friend is gaga over the Mako stuff. When the guy moves on to the next customer I reel him in and have him lay off the gucci gear thoughts. I try to get him into thinking of a basic KISS set up that he can add to as he grow with it instead of tossing crap off the gun that turns out to be useless.

I cool him down on the .308, put him back in the 5.56 mindset and we walk the rifle back to the other side of the store. We see Hank, who does the right thing and points my friend in the right direction showing him what is practical and what will fit his needs(HD, target use.) He points my friend to some ARs, no goofy salesman crap or trying to steer him to the most expensive piece on the rack. He was very straightforward with him. While we were talking to Hank, Marty's wife came around handing out silicon gun cloths to random customers, me and my friend included.

Again, the place was packed. One guy was picking up a KAC SR 25. The sales people were busy. They were moving gear. More people arrived while we were there.  For all the e-bitching going on they sure ain't hurting for business. Truthfully, I don't think it has dented them a bit.

I understand people have had issues there. I don't dispute any of them. I've know some people personally that have had issues in the past and I know what goes on. However, I know that Hank would work to keep someone happy as best he can. What is obvious is like any business, if you go in doe eyed and having done no research you'll probably end up spending too much for things you don't need. If you are not grounded and knowledgeable about what you're buying and think for a minute that you're walking into a car dealership, time share place or looking for a loan you'll be at the mercy of a person who needs to push a product to earn money.

#233 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4922 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted October 17 2010 - 07:48 AM

Sherm,
glad you had a decent experience there.
Have never met Marty's wife but after the first few gun purchases there  I generally gravitate to Hank, despite the constant entourage that surrounds him.
My last two purchases were from CMP, that is, until I decided on a slug barrel for my Mossberg combo, which was the first gun I ever bought there.  Hank made a few calls and I ended up with a barrel costing the same and not more than any I researched on some eight or nine different websites, and that was without shipping !   Another time, I said to Hank I was looking into a laser for one of my handguns and instead of starting to show me them, asked me why I wanted one.  Although I carry a badge I am not a peace officer and Hank knew this.  when I told him it was really just for fun (I think he had visions of me walking my living and dining room a la "Personal Defense", lol), he said good answer but told me that the style that goes into the grip could possibly make the gun less comfortable and that instead he would see whether he could order any for some of the handguns I have so that I could see how they fit my hand.  I have posted before how I do not believe that I have ever paid an unreasonable amount for any firearm I bought through either Marty or Hank, and have never had any problem whatsoever dealing with Marty, who even agreed that the less expensive Taurus .22 fit both my wife's hand and mine much better thatn the s and W.   No hard sell from him either.   I would be the first to admit that their used guns are overpriced.  To that I say, "you wearing shoes ?  Use them."
Member of the Hank at T and T fan club.

#234 Redleg

Redleg

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 150 posts

Posted October 17 2010 - 07:58 AM

As Yogi Berra once said:  "The place is so crowded, no one goes there any more." ;D

#235 bott1320

bott1320

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 286 posts

Posted October 17 2010 - 08:03 AM

Never had any problems there. I was treated good.

#236 jres

jres

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 227 posts

Posted October 17 2010 - 08:06 AM

hanks all good in my book, never dealt with any once else there so my t&t experience is based soley on transactions with hank only, with that, i never overpayed on anything, was never sold on things i didnt need, and in fact hank goes out of his way to steer you away from things you dont need, hes actually talked me out of purchases on firearms because the gun i was looking at was very similiar to models i already owned, he didnt try to sway me to something else either, he does the right thing. downside is when you go there if its busy which it usually is, u have to deal with the endless phone calls coming in for hank and the p diddy entourage in the store that gravitates around him.

#237 tatz45cal

tatz45cal

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1650 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted October 17 2010 - 08:49 AM

i have been there many times and bought alot of stuff never bought a firearm but was sent in right direction when i bought my steyr aug awhile back   and i also brought the rifle in to show and ask hank some questions and he was more than happy to help me (didnt buy from  them) but did make a couple hundred in purchases prior , but for most part i like the place and everyone knows i speak up about crap bothering me   and on same token i also admit when i ,made mistakes or bad opinions  but good place and will shop again there

#238 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 22005 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted October 17 2010 - 10:48 AM

The law of unintended consequences: Everyone seems to hate the place, but like Hank. Recent posts point to the place being busier than ever. So it seems that many people are either cheking it out to see how "bad" it is, or its not as bad as people make it out to be.

Either way we beat this dead horse long enough!

#239 Redleg

Redleg

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 150 posts

Posted October 17 2010 - 11:49 AM

Currently hunting season traffic at T&T.  December holiday traffic.  After New Year awaiting the tax return. ;)

#240 brown

brown

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member
  • 369 posts
  • LocationLevittown

Posted October 26 2010 - 01:30 PM

I took my sis to appleseed event on sat and now that she wants a 22 so we went looking for one today. We go to coliseum guns but they have no used ruger 10/22, so I tell her to look up T & T's number so I can call them and ask if they have any used. First thing she says is, T & T Gunnery, don't waste your money there. I start cracking up and was like oh yea, about that... meanwhile I posted my bad experience with T & T in this thread as well. Funny to see it's still popping up as first hit, just hope people read through and see the cons and the pros such as Hank's service.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users