What brought you here? - Page 36 - The Welcome Mat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

What brought you here?

simpleman exposed how did you learn about lif

• Please log in to reply
705 replies to this topic

#701 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 627 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted July 17 2020 - 10:00 AM

a7vette2, I am going to wait until things calm down. It’s my own fault. It’s been on my mind for months, never pulled the trigger, (pun intended, :).
I will wait for a sleepy July afternoon.
Thanks again everyone for your help and advice.

Ayogi

It is July...I would also recommend a 20gauge shotgun. Mossberg 500 or 88 in a youth model (given your height) would be my recommendation. 

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#702 chromefree

chromefree

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSetauket

Posted September 05 2020 - 07:37 PM

Greetings to all LIF members,

My name is Pete, I’m a senior citizen living in Setauket. Never owned a gun, though I’ve shot many. Given the social/criminal/political atmosphere of my beloved country, I’ve decided it’s time to own a gun for home protection mainly.

I’m currently filling out a Suffolk County handgun permit application and in doing my research stumbled upon your site. I joined, and absolutely loved the very first post I read.

I’m also interested I purchasing a shotgun.

Anyway, I’m very happy to be a member and looking forward to gaining knowledge, training and camaraderie with the good people of Long Island Firearms.

• ColtEd likes this

#703 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 08 2020 - 10:58 PM

Hey All, new here. I was referred by a friend. Hoping to get involved in some active groups and competative shooting! If anyone has recommendations im open to hear them!!

#704 Monday dallas

Monday dallas

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted September 09 2020 - 03:09 AM

To be a member of Long Island firearm . i was told this is the best site so far .

#705 a7vette2

a7vette2

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted September 09 2020 - 08:27 AM

Welcome all. Lots of great information here and very knowledgeable folks so don't be afraid to ask questions. 

#706 CBoy1977

CBoy1977

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted September 15 2020 - 03:46 PM

I am here, finally joining, after reading the site for years. Most of my questions about guns (in particular - laws) seem to always lead me to this forum.  I am from NYC but have been in Nassau for 5 years now... which means I have been an owner for 5 years..  I am looking into different firearms (aka, i am not cheap anymore)  and the laws are confusing - hopefully I can learn a lot as a member, and maybe one day contribute. if even it is contributing the right questions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simpleman, exposed, how, did, you, learn, about, lif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users