Long Island Shooters Forum banner

What brought you here?

57K views 736 replies 546 participants last post by  stalker42 
#1 ·
Ok, I will go first and break the ice.

I heard about it on TFL (The Firing Line).

Reactions: Tammany
#2 ·
As did I.
We have had discussions in the past on other forums regarding having a local Long Island Forum to discuss (and vent :)) about our New York State gun laws and in particular handgun issues. New forums start out small and slowly build as word spreads and hopefully that will be the case here.

There is certainly no shortage of gun owners on Long Island.

#11 ·
Welcome Kevin and Ed!

Browse around, make your self comfortable and spread the word to friends.

You can use the link on the bottom of the forum home to email friends with an invite.

#13 ·
Welcome Nohardcoredancingallowed! Nice to have you, we are going to need to abreviate or assign you a knick name though!

Bring some friends.

#14 ·
Got a PM at TFL. I divide my time between Brooklyn (where I shoot at Metropolitan Rod and Gun Club) and a home in PA where I do my hunting and rifle shooting. I'm a member at the North Mt. Sportsman's Club.
Reloading and learning about cartridges and how they perform is a consuming hobby for me. I spend a lot of time with black powder firearms.
Pete

#17 ·
Welcome Mas! A pleasure to have a celebrity here.... :)
We are hoping that over time the site becomes well known enough, and draws enough Long Island gun owners that we can ban together in a group and be able to exert some influence over our very restrictive gun laws here on Long Island as well as be informative and educational to attract new local gun owners to the great sport we all enjoy.

Thank you for stopping by!

#18 ·
Welcome and thank you for joining!

Please spread the word; and with your knowledge start some threads!

#21 ·
Learned about it from JohnC. Wish all of you the best of luck!
Welcome and thanks for joining Sir. (official, professional response)

OMG! MAS AYOOB IS IN THE HOUSE!! ( what my mind is thinking)

For those of you who are not avid shooters, Mas Ayoob is a noted professional in the field of firearms. He is a firearms instructor, published author, formerly the International Director of Police Firearms Training, Defensive Tactics Institute ,the Director of The Lethal Force Institute and a gentleman. He also serves as an expert witness in court cases. His bio reads longer than a phone book.

His presence is a welcome addition to this forum.

Thanks again for joining.

John

#25 ·
I feel honored to be in the presence of such a wonderful role model.
As we all do Foosel.

I had the pleasure of conversing in a thread with Mas Ayoob on another forum. It is hard to believe that someone as accomplished as himself is as humble as he. He is both an over achiever and a gentleman.

As far as experience goes, it does not get any better!!!!

#26 ·
Johnc said:
As far as experience goes, it does not get any better!!!!
By any chance, have you been to Lethal Force Institute? If so, do you have anything about it you would like to share?