Common asked license questions - Page 6 - Newbie's Unite! - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Common asked license questions

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6292 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted October 06 2020 - 12:28 PM

That is wrong NYS permits are honored in 23 states go to us carry and click on map.

Gary, I would further research which states are pro constitutional carry. As we all know, New York does NOT recognize any state pistol permit which is not a disqualifying factor to prevent a valid NY pistol license holder from carrying in another state with lax gun laws.

As stated above, there are actually a number of States that honor NYS licenses. Unclear if they would honor a "sportsmans" restricted license.

Those of you, who have been around, for awhile, know that, when I goof, I don't do it small. I do it BIG. Prime example.

Gary

• only7rounds2 likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#102 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11305 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 06 2020 - 01:40 PM

As stated above, there are actually a number of States that honor NYS licenses. Unclear if they would honor a "sportsmans" restricted license.

Michigan has a law that will make it a crime for you carrying out of restrictions. With people traveling to different states and taking advantage of carrying a firearm . You need to learn if you must inform a LEO if carrying a handgun.

#103 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 24 2020 - 05:38 PM

Anyone I can PM a sensitive question to regarding medication and SCPD PLs who may be able to weigh in? I just don't want the medications I have taken on an open forum.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users