Anyone get Denied? - Page 22 - Suffolk County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Anyone get Denied?

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#421 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 293 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 23 2018 - 09:36 AM

NYC, Nassau and Suffolk Counties are easier compared to the upstate counties who use the local police Agencies to compile information on applicants background for a judge to decide if you get a pistol license.
Suffolk County only puts a notice in the local precinct where the applicant lives for Officers to contact the Investigator if they have personally delt with them. If you answer everything truthfully even with a bad driving history, you will get a pistol license in Suffolk.

absolutely! It was my fault for forgetting some of the stuff I had hopefully next time it will be different now that I kno a lil more then I did when I applied the first time hopefully the outcome will be diff in 2020 it was a mistake but hey everyone makes them and learns from them so we will see what happens

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#422 myklantnee

myklantnee

Respected Gunowner

• 226 posts

Posted June 25 2018 - 03:22 PM

Sorry to hear that Fabz36. Maybe one day I'll risk it and try myself.

#423 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 25 2018 - 06:12 PM

Sorry to hear that Fabz36. Maybe one day I'll risk it and try myself.

Plenty of guys who did have a record get a pistol license with the help of an attorney. The key is stay out of trouble for a few years, 10 years is the number to stay clean and apply.
  • Parashooter likes this

#424 Cj10

Cj10

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 09 2019 - 05:19 PM

Im glad i read most of this thread. After seeing that they found that guys wifes medical records for going to the hospital for drinking too much, i guess i have to tell them about the time i went to the hospital for having too much too drink too. Dam its crazy how they can find these things.

#425 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7333 posts

Posted October 10 2019 - 07:53 AM

Im glad i read most of this thread. After seeing that they found that guys wifes medical records for going to the hospital for drinking too much, i guess i have to tell them about the time i went to the hospital for having too much too drink too. Dam its crazy how they can find these things.

I'm guessing a critical issue will be how long ago this happened and what has happened since. If it was 20 years ago and there are no other negative things in your record it may not be an issue.

#426 Cj10

Cj10

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 10 2019 - 10:27 AM

I'm guessing a critical issue will be how long ago this happened and what has happened since. If it was 20 years ago and there are no other negative things in your record it may not be an issue.

About 7 years ago, but i also have other drinking related incidents with the law around the same time

#427 bmg97

bmg97

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 16 2020 - 07:51 PM

I got a beer ticket in NYC like 27 years ago. Dont remember the date. How the hell do I get that info. Also a public urination ticket in Garden City like 22 years ago. Can remeber the dates.... I need to list those right ?

#428 packetloss

packetloss

Sharp Shooter!

• 308 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 17 2020 - 10:38 AM

So how has the reapplication process gone?  Curious to hear the continuation on this one.

Fortunately, I got my licence long long ago before the BS was quite this thick but I am curious, is there a way to get a report of all the stuff that show up on a police investigation?   With Fabz it sounds like he did run a dmv report but also failed to disclose some items that didn't show on that report and perhaps he did or didn't know where out there.   Would be curious if there is a way to run such a report since they would require you to report things that you don't even know about if they are out there.

#429 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 293 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted February 23 2021 - 11:01 AM

So how has the reapplication process gone? Curious to hear the continuation on this one.

Fortunately, I got my licence long long ago before the BS was quite this thick but I am curious, is there a way to get a report of all the stuff that show up on a police investigation? With Fabz it sounds like he did run a dmv report but also failed to disclose some items that didn't show on that report and perhaps he did or didn't know where out there. Would be curious if there is a way to run such a report since they would require you to report things that you don't even know about if they are out there.

#430 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 293 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted February 23 2021 - 11:02 AM

I’m resubmitted on March 2nd of last year and still haven’t heard anything back so they r pretty backed up

#431 NewYorker424

NewYorker424

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted March 02 2021 - 09:41 AM

I’m resubmitted on March 2nd of last year and still haven’t heard anything back so they r pretty backed up

You haven’t been called for the interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#432 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 293 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted March 02 2021 - 09:42 AM

You haven’t been called for the interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope I called they said I was assigned an investigator she should be reaching out to you but haven’t been in the office I said ok and that was over a month ago lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users