Anyone get Denied? - Page 21 - Suffolk County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Anyone get Denied?

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#401 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6553 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted June 19 2018 - 05:00 AM

arkville

Ah “Noah’s of Arkville”, drove by it a 1000 times, Route 28.

Edited by Nordon, June 19 2018 - 05:01 AM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#402 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 20 2018 - 01:45 PM

I told everyone I was gonna keep everyone updated ....there final decision was upheld so I guess I’m just gonna have try in 2020 and hopefully they don’t give me a hard time I’m gonna make sure I bring everything to there attention from 2002 when I first started driving so wish everyone going through the process a good luck and don’t forget to leave anything out !!! Good luck guys

#403 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 20 2018 - 01:49 PM

That sucks!

#404 Fully loaded

Fully loaded

Respected Gunowner

• 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 20 2018 - 07:16 PM

I told everyone I was gonna keep everyone updated ....there final decision was upheld so I guess I’m just gonna have try in 2020 and hopefully they don’t give me a hard time I’m gonna make sure I bring everything to there attention from 2002 when I first started driving so wish everyone going through the process a good luck and don’t forget to leave anything out !!! Good luck guys

sorry to hear that man, it really is bs. You can move a few hours away and buy all the handguns you desire with no permit. So your gonna wait till 2020 you said? What did your lawn say? You don’t want to file an appeal?

#405 Fully loaded

Fully loaded

Respected Gunowner

• 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 20 2018 - 07:17 PM

sorry to hear that man, it really is bs. You can move a few hours away and buy all the handguns you desire with no permit. So your gonna wait till 2020 you said? What did your lawn say? You don’t want to file an appeal?

what did your LAWYER say.. sorry auto correct

#406 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 20 2018 - 10:47 PM

what did your LAWYER say.. sorry auto correct

I did file the appeal with the lawyer and that was there final decision if ur asking am I going to file an article 78 proceeding most likely not going to happen I’ll just wait till 2020 and re apply and just make sure I put everything from when I started driving till the day I apply again so they can’t say I failed to disclose

#407 M_F

M_F

Sharp Shooter!

• 420 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted June 21 2018 - 12:48 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news, is the 3 year wait to reapply a NYS law or an administrative regulation by SCPD PLB? I couldn't find anything regarding pistol license denials.

#408 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 21 2018 - 06:27 AM

I did file the appeal with the lawyer and that was there final decision if ur asking am I going to file an article 78 proceeding most likely not going to happen I’ll just wait till 2020 and re apply and just make sure I put everything from when I started driving till the day I apply again so they can’t say I failed to disclose

If the attorney recommended to proceed with the article 78, that will most likely be the best option for obtaining a pistol license. A denial will prevent you from getting a concealed pistol license in other states.

#409 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 21 2018 - 06:39 AM

If the attorney recommended to proceed with the article 78, that will most likely be the best option for obtaining a pistol license. A denial will prevent you from getting a concealed pistol license in other states.

I don’t plan on doing anything till 2020 so I hope when I re apply they don’t give me an issue

#410 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 21 2018 - 06:41 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news, is the 3 year wait to reapply a NYS law or an administrative regulation by SCPD PLB? I couldn't find anything regarding pistol license denials.

I honestly don’t kno I kno my lawyer did say just be glad they didn’t say reapply in 5 years cause he has seen that before

#411 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 21 2018 - 09:59 AM

I honestly don’t kno I kno my lawyer did say just be glad they didn’t say reapply in 5 years cause he has seen that before

You are lucky if you can apply in two years. SCPD usually as policy will do that to people who get jammed up. You stay clean and Don't get pulled over anymore!

#412 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 21 2018 - 10:30 AM

You are lucky if you can apply in two years. SCPD usually as policy will do that to people who get jammed up. You stay clean and Don't get pulled over anymore!

yea on my paper of denial it says I can reapply on or after March 1st ,2020

#413 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2355 posts

Posted June 21 2018 - 07:25 PM

yea on my paper of denial it says I can reapply on or after March 1st ,2020

#414 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2355 posts

Posted June 21 2018 - 07:29 PM

Well using SCPD's own policy and logic you can file your QUESTIONNAIRE about March 2019 since according to them it's not the official application and they are running at least 1 year behind in in taking the official application.

Edited by Shotgun682, June 21 2018 - 07:29 PM.

#415 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 21 2018 - 08:56 PM

Well using SCPD's own policy and logic you can file your QUESTIONNAIRE about March 2019 since according to them it's not the official application and they are running at least 1 year behind in in taking the official application.

yea I think it has to be dated for the March first date lol but I’m just gonna wait it out and just list everything they denied me for plus whatever else is on my abstract so they can’t say I failed to disclose I have a better out look about the situation now so hopefully it’s different decision when I apply in 2020

#416 Fully loaded

Fully loaded

Respected Gunowner

• 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 22 2018 - 07:08 PM

yea I think it has to be dated for the March first date lol but I’m just gonna wait it out and just list everything they denied me for plus whatever else is on my abstract so they can’t say I failed to disclose I have a better out look about the situation now so hopefully it’s different decision when I apply in 2020

Dude honestly if I had the money I would help yo7 pay for a lawyer, I’m sick of hearing people being denied for bs reasons, just because ur driving history sucks doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get your license, he’ll we shouldn’t even need a license for handguns in the first place. I got my license a few weeks ago , my DL was suspended 3 times and I had 27 points on my license at one point not to long ago, was arrested on a bench warrant for a failure to appear in court and a bunch of othe bs small stuff and they issued me the license, there’s no rhyme or reason down there. I’m not saying they rude at the pbl and I kno it’s not there fault but this is ridiculous. Hell if you do decide to take them to court you should start a go fund me page lol.. I would gladly donate to the cause
LOADED

#417 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted June 22 2018 - 07:36 PM

Dude honestly if I had the money I would help yo7 pay for a lawyer, I’m sick of hearing people being denied for bs reasons, just because ur driving history sucks doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get your license, he’ll we shouldn’t even need a license for handguns in the first place. I got my license a few weeks ago , my DL was suspended 3 times and I had 27 points on my license at one point not to long ago, was arrested on a bench warrant for a failure to appear in court and a bunch of othe bs small stuff and they issued me the license, there’s no rhyme or reason down there. I’m not saying they rude at the pbl and I kno it’s not there fault but this is ridiculous. Hell if you do decide to take them to court you should start a go fund me page lol.. I would gladly donate to the cause
LOADED

lol I really appreciate it’s my fault that I forgot to put it but hey people make mistakes u kno what I mean

#418 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 22 2018 - 08:11 PM

I'd donate to that cause

#419 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted June 22 2018 - 09:21 PM

LOADED

He did not get denied because of his driving record, he got denied for what they perceive of him not being truthful. It’s a big difference. There is a rhyme and reason, if you’re honest and it’s minor they issue the license. If you aren’t honest, they don’t regardless of the infraction.
  • boosti likes this

#420 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 23 2018 - 07:37 AM

He did not get denied because of his driving record, he got denied for what they perceive of him not being truthful. It’s a big difference. There is a rhyme and reason, if you’re honest and it’s minor they issue the license. If you aren’t honest, they don’t regardless of the infraction.

NYC, Nassau and Suffolk Counties are easier compared to the upstate counties who use the local police Agencies to compile information on applicants background for a judge to decide if you get a pistol license.
Suffolk County only puts a notice in the local precinct where the applicant lives for Officers to contact the Investigator if they have personally delt with them. If you answer everything truthfully even with a bad driving history, you will get a pistol license in Suffolk.
  • BrandonS8 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users