Anyone get Denied? - Page 20 - Suffolk County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Anyone get Denied?

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#381 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted May 14 2018 - 11:57 AM

If I may ask... why were you denied in the first place?

http://www.longislan...-the-rejection/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#382 myklantnee

myklantnee

Respected Gunowner

• 226 posts

Posted May 15 2018 - 08:11 AM

thanks for sharing. gives me some hope.

#383 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted May 15 2018 - 08:41 AM

thanks for sharing. gives me some hope.

I’m in appeal now waiting for final decision will keep u guys up to date

#384 kardoc

kardoc

Gun Guru

• 964 posts
  • LocationNASSAU

Posted May 15 2018 - 10:35 AM

GOOD LUCK

#385 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 15 2018 - 05:24 PM

#386 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 15 2018 - 05:26 PM

I am sorry if you stated this already,but didn't they tell you that you were done in November? Or something to that effect. I seem to remember that you had been approved but were waiting on the signature of the commissioner

#387 Surfrat38

Surfrat38

Respected Gunowner

• 100 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma

Posted May 15 2018 - 07:01 PM

I think what he meant was the IO finished his application and made a judgment and then passed along for superior to either agree or disagree with IO approval or denial. Not sure but believe that’s the procedure down there.

#388 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 15 2018 - 07:44 PM

I only ask because I called a week ago and the Io said my application was approved but needed the final approval from the supervisor. Just want to see if I have to worry still. Then again, until it's in my hands I probably still have to worry

#389 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted May 16 2018 - 08:10 AM

I only ask because I called a week ago and the Io said my application was approved but needed the final approval from the supervisor. Just want to see if I have to worry still. Then again, until it's in my hands I probably still have to worry

u r deff approved then my io told me back in nov that she signed off on it and it was with her supervisor and then March 1st got the denial

#390 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 16 2018 - 08:18 AM

That sucks. So close only to have it denied. They just play head games with you, so that you will give up. Keep fighting the good fight. I can't see them denying you cuz of a suspended license. Your not a felon, or a mental case, and since these are Hunter/ target licenses why is it so darn difficult. If they are going to severely limit your use, why not make it the same as long guns. Every member should start looking at pro 2a candidates this fall.

#391 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted May 16 2018 - 09:26 AM

That sucks. So close only to have it denied. They just play head games with you, so that you will give up. Keep fighting the good fight. I can't see them denying you cuz of a suspended license. Your not a felon, or a mental case, and since these are Hunter/ target licenses why is it so darn difficult. If they are going to severely limit your use, why not make it the same as long guns. Every member should start looking at pro 2a candidates this fall.

yea I kno I hear you !! They r saying I failed to disclose but didn’t have any intention to do that I was going off of what I remembered and my dmv abstract but I guess I will just have to wait and see my lawyer appealed it so just another wait that’s all

#392 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 16 2018 - 10:18 AM

yea I kno I hear you !! They r saying I failed to disclose but didn’t have any intention to do that I was going off of what I remembered and my dmv abstract but I guess I will just have to wait and see my lawyer appealed it so just another wait that’s all

Good luck, hopefully you will be sharing all the new pistols you purchase with the forum.

#393 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 19 2018 - 12:38 PM

How long did they say the appeal process will take?

#394 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted May 19 2018 - 03:31 PM

How long did they say the appeal process will take?

the lawyer said 2-4 months but I guess it’s when the appeals sergeant gets to it and does his research and sends me decision

#395 Platinumdave

Platinumdave

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 19 2018 - 04:12 PM

Do you get to speak with them? Is there any face to face conversation. It seems it would benefit you to have an open discussion

#396 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted May 19 2018 - 04:49 PM

Do you get to speak with them? Is there any face to face conversation. It seems it would benefit you to have an open discussion

Nope it’s all in writing, and if you don’t have an attorney write it, you have about a 0.0% chance.

#397 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted May 19 2018 - 05:11 PM

BrandonS said it right !

#398 Fabz36

Fabz36

Respected Gunowner

• 294 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted May 19 2018 - 05:13 PM

basically just wait it out and then if the lawyer thinks it’s going on long enough maybe send the sergeant an email I would guess that’s me just thinking

#399 Surfrat38

Surfrat38

Respected Gunowner

• 100 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma

Posted June 18 2018 - 06:43 PM

the lawyer said 2-4 months but I guess it’s when the appeals sergeant gets to it and does his research and sends me decision

Any word yet?

#400 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted June 18 2018 - 07:44 PM

I got mine in under a month, even the attorney was surprised at the turn around time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users