Customer service experience - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Customer service experience

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bulldog

bulldog

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 114 posts

Posted April 13 2009 - 09:07 PM

just wanted to share my personal experience with 2 manufacturers that I thought was worth noting.  First was a problem I was having with my Beretta a303 12 gauge shotgun.  I had bought this used from my friends father a few years back and was noticing issues ejecting the shells.  I went to t&t and had them ship to Beretta.  Now being that I bought this used, did not have the original receipt and the gun is min 10-15 years old i felt this was definitely out of warranty.  Beretta first called t&t and said it was $75 bucks just for a diagnostic which I gave the ok.  A week later I got the call that the shotgun was ready and to come pick it up.  Total charge from Beretta..... NADA.  I was shocked.  I gave the guys at t&t 20 bucks for shipping but I couldn't believe that Beretta would stand behind their product after so many years and not the original owner

Second story I have to admit is a bit embarrassing.  I JUST picked up a springfield xD-40 from coliseum gun traders and went straight to Nassau County range to test it out.  Put 30 rounds through it and took it home for a thorough cleaning.  Once home and the gun was apart curiosity got the best of me as I was wondering what would happen if I put the guide rod in backwards.  Would the gun still function (yeah I know but I was curious).  Racking the slide with an inverted guide rod and yup got stuck.  I mean STUCK!!  I tried banging for a 1/2 hour with a rubber mallet and nothing.  I couldnt believe it.  I had the gun for 2 hours and already it was jammed.  I called customer service the next day and explained my blunder.  Got a real nice tech on the phone who insisted that just putting in the guide rod backwards would not cause a jam.  He even went as far as to get the same model to try and replicate with me on the phone.  After 20 minutes without him being able to replicate he put me back to a customer service agent.  She took my info and asked me for my email address.  Within 30 seconds I had a pre-addressed and PREPAID fedex slip in my inbox.  Instructions were to drop off at a fedex facility and they would do the rest.  Took a total of 7 days start to finish and I had my new toy back NO CHARGE.  Again this was 100% my fault and they didnt even let me pay to ship the gun to them.  2 great companies that definitely have me as a customer for life.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users