Gun Broker is the only "stocked" store now ..... - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Gun Broker is the only "stocked" store now .....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1150 posts

Posted May 03 2021 - 09:32 PM

I've been looking for a rifle & ammo.    Only store that has anything in stock is gun broker.    Just had to succumb to not buying local......

• Rugerguy likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 wwolf

wwolf

Sharp Shooter!

• 429 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted May 03 2021 - 10:59 PM

Check out Palmetto State. I visited their Summerville store last week. They had quite an inventory. Mostly ARs; a few mini-30s and M1As; lots of shot guns; hand guns of cause. As for ammos, they had 7.62x39mm on several pallets (in 380 rd metal cans and not cheap); no 308s and 223s. My son either buys his ammo from a LE shop or reloads them himself. He ended up giving me a few hundred rounds of those. 

BTW. You might have to call them and ask what they have as I find their website does not match their inventory.

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11428 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 04 2021 - 06:02 AM

Walmart has a 3 box of ammunition limit. At least 5 rounds of Winchester 12 gauge slugs was under $6.00 a box. Gunbroker is still the best place to find guns and ammunition.

#4 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2749 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted May 04 2021 - 08:50 AM

They may be stocked but watch the shipping charges,last week I got an air gun

from GB the auction price was 156.00 but with a ridiculous shipping charge and tax it came to over 185.00 Always check the sellers shipping charges and faction that into your bids

#5 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 807 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted May 04 2021 - 11:59 AM

IMO. If we all stopped buying ammo on gunbroker, the ammo shortage will end. Local gun stores wont sell their inventory locally because they can make 2-3 times the money online. It's a simple tulip problem...if everyone expects tulip prices to be high, then you'll pay a lot for 1 bulb. Stop buying on GB, and the prices will suddenly collapse.

Since I never bought on GB, its easy for me to say and I have a reasonable stock of ammo.

#6 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• 1150 posts

Posted May 05 2021 - 06:06 PM

I was in Field & Stream the other night.    They only have oddball ammo.   Like .204, and some oddity magnum for Giraffe hunting.   Nothing for deer, nothing for range time, not in any caliper.

#7 Nontypical

Nontypical

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOut there

Posted May 05 2021 - 06:36 PM

I was in Field & Stream the other night.    They only have oddball ammo.   Like .204, and some oddity magnum for Giraffe hunting.   Nothing for deer, nothing for range time, not in any caliper.

You need to be there at the right time. That location usually gets a delivery once a week. 

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11428 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 06 2021 - 08:27 AM

You have to try the big box stores. They will stock popular hunting calibers. Walmart is still very reasonable on ammunition.
Back in November a week before opening day, a friend bought a new 30-30 Henry from a forum sponsor. He got suckered in buying all the accessories without any ammunition. He was lucky I had two boxes of 30-30 at my place upstate. I told him Gunbroker has plenty of 30-30 ammunition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users