PA Non Resident License W/ Suffolk Sportsman - Out Of State Licensing - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

PA Non Resident License W/ Suffolk Sportsman

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mikepags458

Mikepags458

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationRonk

Posted April 20 2021 - 01:12 AM

I obtained my PA Non Resident CWC  with my Suffolk Co. Sportsman. I spend a lot of time in the Poconos and will exercise my PA rights as such. Normally I travel through New Jersey via Rt. 80, but have heard nightmare stories of being in possession of hollow points in NJ, which is my preferred carry round. Like NYC, NJ requires your handguns, and ammo be locked up separately traveling through the State, and will abide by of course. To avoid any conflict I may avoid NJ all together Via Rt, 84.

Once I get to PA, the good news is the NY SAFEACT no longer applies, my firearms can be used as intended, with NO fixed mag, and capacity restrictions.

Here is my real question. Can I store my handgun(s) and the NY outlawed larger capacity mags in PA. For those of you who don't have a secondary residence in PA, there are places to store your firearms for a small fee. My contention is that I own my firearms, not Suffolk Co., but not quite sure of their "Policies" in this matter.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 samwag

samwag

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 348 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 20 2021 - 05:06 AM

"Can I store my handgun(s) and the NY outlawed larger capacity mags in PA."

You can store your magazines wherever they are legal.

I think you would have NY permit problem if you were to store your handguns out of state.

​My very limited understanding is that a requirement of your NY state permit is that the registered pistols are stored at the address on the permit.

While they certainly are your property Ny state puts burdens on you owning that property.

• Mikepags458 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users