Any other vices?? - Page 3 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Any other vices??

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Recoil

Recoil

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2894 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 07:51 AM

Laphroaig is awesome.  Other peaty favorites include Lagavulin 16 and Caol Ila 12.  

My favorite bar in the wolrd is the Brandy Library in downtown manhattan.  they have to have the best scotch selection on the east coast.  its simply astounding.  i implore you to check it out sometime if you're in the area.

I've had Lagavulin and I liked it. I did not know about Caol Ila, I will add it to my list. I have Arden as my next selection. I hear that is also peaty.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 Mike718

Mike718

Marksman

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 53 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 08:01 AM

I've had Lagavulin and I liked it. I did not know about Caol Ila, I will add it to my list. I have Arden as my next selection. I hear that is also peaty.

If you havent already tried Bowmore, make sure thats also on your list.

I've never heard of Arden.  Some quick googling found something called Arden House.  Is this it?  
If not, the only other thing I could think of is Ardbeg, which is also a peated scotch that should be on your list  :)

#43 jack park

jack park

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 3189 posts
  • LocationMiller Place

Posted May 29 2009 - 08:08 AM

Yes. Long Island diving makes up about 95% of my dives. For many years I was logging 30-50 drives a year up here. The beach dives are an acquired taste but the wreck dives are awesome.

Unsub you bring back memories! I am a former Naui instructor from the 70's and 80's did all the wrecks. I taught with the Levittown group and dove with all of the old timers Boehm, Belinda, Arena ... Great sport!! Still miss it everyday!!:cry

#44 DustinMax

DustinMax

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 451 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 08:21 AM

Im a pilot so i like to fly, quads, dirtbikes, motorcycles.
all the fun stuff

#45 mafr0201

mafr0201

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 74 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 08:31 AM

I collect video games (old and new consoles)

NES
PS3
XBOX 360

I’ve also noticed that the old 8-bit games are still better than anything produced on either of the next generation system, hands down.

#46 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Club LIF Member
  • 7346 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 08:40 AM

+1 on the NES.. i have a working one underneath my tv and will start it up every once in a while

#47 Recoil

Recoil

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2894 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 08:51 AM

If you havent already tried Bowmore, make sure thats also on your list.

I've never heard of Arden.  Some quick googling found something called Arden House.  Is this it?  
If not, the only other thing I could think of is Ardbeg, which is also a peated scotch that should be on your list  :)

Ah yes, it was Ardberg not Arden. Thats what I get for posting pre-coffee.

#48 Recoil

Recoil

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2894 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 08:53 AM

UnSub45,
Any pics of the wreck dives

Unfortunately I don't have pics. Underwater camera gear is beyond my budget.

#49 ecr

ecr

Gun Guru

• Distinguished Member
  • Others: Club LIF Member, Committee Member, Junior Member

• 4946 posts
  • LocationNorth Great River, New York

Posted May 29 2009 - 11:51 AM

Mike718. . . Yes. . . I've been to Markus Dairy in CT. every year since the late 1980s. I usually go there maybe 4-6 times during the summer, whilst riding around the area. . . which is motorcycle friendly!

Man. . . am I showing my age now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users