Electric Mustang - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Electric Mustang

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4083 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted April 06 2021 - 09:46 AM

I just saw a commercial for the new electric Mustang from Ford. How sad. The rear has been completely redesigned to accommodate the electric batteries and looks more like a hatchback than a sports car. As a Mustang owner myself I can only shake my head in disbelief. VROOOM....NOT !!!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 26050 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 06 2021 - 11:21 AM

It is an insult to call that vehicle a Mustang!

• Parashooter likes this

#3 thetalonguy

thetalonguy

Sharp Shooter!

• 413 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted April 06 2021 - 11:32 AM

Barffff!!!

#4 MRR

MRR

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 483 posts

Posted April 06 2021 - 12:11 PM

^What everyone said^.... Just using the Mustang name for marketing and name recognition. Saw one in the wild a few days ago. Mustang tailights but just another crossover.

#5 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6368 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted April 06 2021 - 12:40 PM

Ah, yes! Zero, to sixty, eventually. :sorry

Gary

#6 Dakhath

Dakhath

Respected Gunowner

• 206 posts
  • LocationWestbury

Posted April 06 2021 - 02:16 PM

Ah, yes! Zero, to sixty, eventually. :sorry

Gary

3.5-3.8 seconds depending on edition. While I disagree about the "mustang" name, that is good enough for me...

• Parashooter likes this

#7 Tom Mac

Tom Mac

Gun Guru

• 1425 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted April 06 2021 - 03:15 PM

NOT EVER going elec car.... Old fart here and will not change

• wrench, Phoenix69 and a7vette2 like this

#8 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2740 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted April 06 2021 - 04:13 PM

Maybe it's just me but I love the smell of GASOLINE !

#9 ISLIPFD

ISLIPFD

Marksman

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 99 posts

Posted April 06 2021 - 04:27 PM

Complete disservice to the Mustang name. Worst idea Ford has had in naming a crossover. Second screw up to the Mustang name was the 4 banger under the hood. Bronco II and the new sport are desk jockeys not wanting to work hard on selling new names.

• Parashooter likes this

#10 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 26050 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 06 2021 - 04:36 PM

NOT EVER going elec car.... Old fart here and will not change

If the USA ever goes full electric the electrical grid will just crash Rolling brown outs will look good.

#11 wwolf

wwolf

Sharp Shooter!

• 415 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted April 06 2021 - 06:39 PM

If the USA ever goes full electric the electrical grid will just crash Rolling brown outs will look good.

I think we will let the market decide. Gov mandate is a no go. I think what eventually will happen is electric cars will co-exist with gas cars. As more people switch to electric cars, gas price is going to drop and electricity price will go up. 

BTW. gasoline is a by product of refine petroleum and it is not going away.

The rear has been completely redesigned to accommodate the electric batteries and looks more like a hatchback than a sports car.

Tried to make it look like a Tesla.

#12 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7343 posts

Posted April 06 2021 - 11:31 PM

I understand coming out with an EV but why name it Mustang. Like others have said the Mustang has a long history and tradition. You shouldn't mess with.

#13 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7343 posts

Posted April 06 2021 - 11:42 PM

I've told my EV enthusiast friends if you could snap your fingers and have 25 million EV's on the road tomorrow you'd have a total nightmare. The infrastructure has to grow with the capacity to build the cars. Tesla has about 170 stores while Ford has 3,000 dealerships. Tesla gets a lot of press (free advertising) but that's not going to make up for the lack of support they can provide nation wide (dealerships, service, charging stations, etc.). In the meantime Ford, Toyota, Volkswagen and others are introducing their EV's to the market so as that infrastructure is being built more choices will become available.

#14 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 1013 posts

Posted April 07 2021 - 04:20 AM

I used to be a big mustang enthusiast. Used to buy a new one every couple of years and still own two of them. I spent a ton of money making them go fast. But after owning some real sports cars. The mustang has always been nothing more then a regular car with a fast motor.

don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that it used to be a easily obtainable performance car for the masses. But you might actually get more driving excitement from a slower miata, unless the 1/4 mile is more your thing

#15 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6368 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted April 07 2021 - 06:41 AM

3.5-3.8 seconds depending on edition. While I disagree about the "mustang" name, that is good enough for me...

I was being sarcastic, referring to the new, electric version, not the gas version.

Gary

#16 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6461 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 08 2021 - 01:24 AM

Maybe it's just me but I love the smell of GASOLINE !

"... that gasoline smell.......it smells like....victory."

Edited by iGreg, April 08 2021 - 01:24 AM.

#17 Dakhath

Dakhath

Respected Gunowner

• 206 posts
  • LocationWestbury

Posted April 09 2021 - 07:42 PM

I was being sarcastic, referring to the new, electric version, not the gas version.

Gary

Electric has drawbacks, but 0-60 isn't one of them.

The electric GT performance and electric GT versions can do 0-60 in 3.5sec and 3.8sec, respectively.  The other electric editions do it 4.8-6.1 sec.

For comparison, a stock gas 2021 mustang does 0-60 in 5.1sec, 2021 GT500 3.3 sec. Stock 2020 gas mustangs do it in 4.3 sec-5.7 sec.

I only know because I keep running the numbers on mustangs, but adding the cost of the resulting divorce to the price of the car, makes a mustang more than I can afford.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users