No covid passport in florida - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

No covid passport in florida

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 tkovacs9520

tkovacs9520

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 196 posts

Posted March 30 2021 - 09:36 AM

https://www.news4jax...cine-passports/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
  • iGreg likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 1013 posts

Posted March 30 2021 - 12:25 PM

Passports are a clear violation of interstate commerce (state level) and the 10th amendment (federal level)

• NRATC53 and iGreg like this

#3 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted March 31 2021 - 03:47 PM

Passports are a clear violation of interstate commerce (state level) and the 10th amendment (federal level)

Where did you study constitutional law?

• only7rounds2 likes this

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 26050 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 31 2021 - 04:33 PM

I look forward to this reply. BTW: Where did you study Constitutional Law?

• NRATC53 likes this

#5 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1992 posts

Posted March 31 2021 - 05:41 PM

Arizona has joined Florida for hell no on Covid passports.

#6 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 1013 posts

Posted April 01 2021 - 08:18 AM

Hofstra but the real education came from education After school and being in the legal field 

#7 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 01 2021 - 09:41 AM

Hofstra but the real education came from education After school and being in the legal field

Hofstra Law has a very good law program.
  • NRATC53 and Ancap like this

#8 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24821 posts

Posted April 01 2021 - 06:38 PM

SO glad DeSantis is my Governor...

#9 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7343 posts

Posted April 01 2021 - 08:18 PM

Having spent the last five months in FL I’m not surprised by the tremendous growth they are experiencing. I spent most of that time between Okeechobee, Port St. Lucie and Melbourne. For the most part roads were well maintained, traffic was light to moderate (nothing approaching the LIE at rush hour), folks working in stores and restaurants were very helpful and friendly, people in general were very polite, and I got the Covid vaccine (as a non-resident) in an efficient process that took under an hour, with part of that time (20 minutes) in a waiting area after the vaccination to make sure there were no serious negative reactions to getting the shot. I think DeSantis struck the right balance between public safety, personal freedom and the serious consequences (economic and social) with keeping businesses shutdown. While NYS has some unique demographic characteristics our governor and the mayor of NYC went too far for too long in trying to control this pandemic. I can understand the initial shutdown given the unknowns regarding this virus early on but they’re persistence in continuing those measures indefinitely indicated they failed to learn from the experience of other states and modify the NYS plan for handling this pandemic as our experience and understanding of the virus expanded.

#10 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 1013 posts

Posted April 02 2021 - 09:56 AM

Having spent the last five months in FL I’m not surprised by the tremendous growth they are experiencing. I spent most of that time between Okeechobee, Port St. Lucie and Melbourne. For the most part roads were well maintained, traffic was light to moderate (nothing approaching the LIE at rush hour), folks working in stores and restaurants were very helpful and friendly, people in general were very polite, and I got the Covid vaccine (as a non-resident) in an efficient process that took under an hour, with part of that time (20 minutes) in a waiting area after the vaccination to make sure there were no serious negative reactions to getting the shot. I think DeSantis struck the right balance between public safety, personal freedom and the serious consequences (economic and social) with keeping businesses shutdown. While NYS has some unique demographic characteristics our governor and the mayor of NYC went too far for too long in trying to control this pandemic. I can understand the initial shutdown given the unknowns regarding this virus early on but they’re persistence in continuing those measures indefinitely indicated they failed to learn from the experience of other states and modify the NYS plan for handling this pandemic as our experience and understanding of the virus expanded.

maybe you and all the other politicians were wrong in the lockdowns and masks all together. Learn from your mistakes and stop infringing on other people’s rights to begin with

#11 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7343 posts

Posted April 02 2021 - 06:02 PM

maybe you and all the other politicians were wrong in the lockdowns and masks all together. Learn from your mistakes and stop infringing on other people’s rights to begin with

Hindsight is 20/20. That said I wouldn’t say wrong because some of those measures did save lives and it was the prudent thing to do given the unknowns at the time. You hopefully live and learn. Some states and individuals have. Protect the vulnerable populations. If you’re a member of that vulnerable population or have regular interactions with them wear a mask. If you’re feeling sick self quarantine. Your position seems to be go back to living like this pandemic never happened. That would be a major mistake.

#12 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 1013 posts

Posted April 02 2021 - 07:52 PM

Hindsight is 20/20. That said I wouldn’t say wrong because some of those measures did save lives and it was the prudent thing to do given the unknowns at the time. You hopefully live and learn. Some states and individuals have. Protect the vulnerable populations. If you’re a member of that vulnerable population or have regular interactions with them wear a mask. If you’re feeling sick self quarantine. Your position seems to be go back to living like this pandemic never happened. That would be a major mistake.

Yet everything you promoted proved to do nothing but cause destruction on people’s mental health, freedom to assemble, destruction of jobs, increased substance abuse, devaluing of the dollar, increased suicide rates and the list goes on

plus the mask have done absolutely nothing

you run off to Florida because your a victim of statist policies which you endorsed, but still haven’t learned that your part of the problem

#13 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted April 03 2021 - 07:23 AM

I look forward to this reply. BTW: Where did you study Constitutional Law?

I do not make claims about knowing constitutional law...See the difference?

#14 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted April 03 2021 - 07:25 AM

Must be, since it was not Hofstra since they do not have constitutional law program, only constitutional law classes.  Guess that means another person speaking like a constitutional law lawyer but really knowing as little as the rest of us.  Keep up the charade! 

#15 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 1013 posts

Posted April 03 2021 - 09:27 AM

Must be, since it was not Hofstra since they do not have constitutional law program, only constitutional law classes.  Guess that means another person speaking like a constitutional law lawyer but really knowing as little as the rest of us.  Keep up the charade! 

lol, are you really saying they don’t have constitutional law classes at Hofstra

#16 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 26050 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 03 2021 - 11:26 AM

Well I guess it was a dream that I took two Constitutional Law classes there!

#17 Tom Mac

Tom Mac

Gun Guru

• 1425 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted April 03 2021 - 12:05 PM

Popcorn needed37041B69-43DB-472B-ADBE-677A26CEF2A8.jpeg

#18 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 03 2021 - 06:47 PM

Must be, since it was not Hofstra since they do not have constitutional law program, only constitutional law classes. Guess that means another person speaking like a constitutional law lawyer but really knowing as little as the rest of us. Keep up the charade!

Fake News...Misinformation !

#19 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted April 05 2021 - 07:16 AM

lol, are you really saying they don’t have constitutional law classes at Hofstra

Guess reading is not your thing. I said they do have constitutional law classes, they do not have a constitutional law program.  Constitutional law lawyers are people who completed the whole program in law school, not just a class or 2.

#20 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 1013 posts

Posted April 05 2021 - 04:37 PM

Guess reading is not your thing. I said they do have constitutional law classes, they do not have a constitutional law program.  Constitutional law lawyers are people who completed the whole program in law school, not just a class or 2.

I guess reading isn’t your thing either.

I never said I went for constitutional law in Hofstra. In addition, if you ever studied constitutional law. You would very well know that the founding fathers wrote it in terms for Americans to understand. It does not take a degree to understand the limited enumerated powers in article 1 section 8. After all James Madison (the one who wrote most of it) famously said they are “few and defined”. But in the case you do need further clarification you have the federalist papers and the constitutional convention to fall back on. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users