COVID 19 Numbers Are Dropping Dramatically - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

COVID 19 Numbers Are Dropping Dramatically

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4083 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted March 30 2021 - 05:37 AM

Yesterday 36 states reported less than 10 people died of COVID in their state.  Another 39 reported less than 1000 new cases yet Biden is up on his stump asking for a mask mandate.  When will it stop?  Will the pandemic ever be over?  The new head of the CDC Is a fear monger in Biden's image talking of "impending doom".  She would like us all to go back into the basement like Biden did while campaigning.  I've been shaking my head now for months.  How did this guy with his only resume checkmark being a self proclaimed "nice guy" get elected from his basement while spouting off comments about a cold dark winter coming and people looking at empty seats at their dinner table?

If there is any success to be had Fauci is now taking credit for it.  He claims to have been the one promoting Operation Warp Speed.  Wait a second, you wouldn't even be a footnote if it weren't for the fast actions of President Trump.  Now even Dr. Birx is throwing Trump under the bus claiming that 400,000 additional people would be alive if Trump took quicker action.  Will the politics ever end and can we finally reopen the country?  I myself am a senior citizen ready to roll the dice and take a chance on resuming my life.  What good are the remaining years if you tell us to live in fear?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 26050 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 30 2021 - 06:06 AM

1) The  left will kept the fear mongering going forever like they do with climate change, big oil, big pharma and racism. 
2) Biden was elected because of voter fraud. 
3) Fauci is an egotistical media prostitute who has been backed by the lame stream media

4) See number 3 above for Dr Birx but not as bad as Fauci. 

• iGreg, baxtersmith, mvphilly and 3 others like this

#3 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1992 posts

Posted March 30 2021 - 05:27 PM

1) The  left will kept the fear mongering going forever like they do with climate change, big oil, big pharma and racism. 
2) Biden was elected because of voter fraud. 
3) Fauci is an egotistical media prostitute who has been backed by the lame stream media

4) See number 3 above for Dr Birx but not as bad as Fauci. 

All true sadly.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#4 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 193 posts

Posted March 30 2021 - 06:05 PM

The numbers certainly aren't dropping dramatically here on LI. For quite some time Nassau & Suffolk have averaged 1,200 positive case per day. We have been vaccinating residents at a feverish pace and the numbers fail to drop. That doesn't sound very promising to me.

#5 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3288 posts

Posted March 30 2021 - 06:25 PM

In 2017 2.8 million Americans died. In 2018 that number increased by 20K. In 2019 the number increased by 17K. 2020 saw an increase of 57K. So what happened to the 400,000 people who died of covid? The numbers are fake.

#6 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7343 posts

Posted March 30 2021 - 10:09 PM

I just listened to a news report and members of the Biden administration are having a panic attack over a surge in Covid cases. Now they’re talking about a vaccine passport. I don’t know where the middle ground is in all of this but I just spent five months in FL and it seems to me that taking minimal precautions (wearing a mask, keeping some distance and individuals self quarantine if sick) is pretty effective in minimizing risk. We traveled all over central Florida and into Georgia shopping, eating at various restaurants, sightseeing, etc. (while carrying concealed 24/7) without either my wife or I contracting the virus. Savannah, GA was booming with tourists and yet cases are relatively low in GA versus the prior three month period. That tells me the most vulnerable populations are doing what they need to do to protect themselves.

#7 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 30 2021 - 11:08 PM

I work as a Case Investigator for DOH and we are still at a level of 1200-1300 new cases a day on Long Island.

Deaths are way down, but there are still over 70 per day Statewide.

There are still people being hospitalized and I know this from personal contact with these people.

The good news is that there are now treatments, and if given early they appear to be highly effective.

#8 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 4083 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted March 31 2021 - 06:40 AM

Unfortunately Long Island is still a vulnerable area.  That's why Trump allowed each state to make its own rules.  Florida and Georgia are doing better, therefore less restrictions.  We also have many more outdoor activities here in Florida where it's been shown that the disease is less likely to spread.  Biden requesting a mask mandate nationwide is just overkill and what they are doing to students will cause a lasting affect in setting back their education.  Many skills, especially math, are cumulative and stopping the learning process and restarting it may be impossible for some of these kids.

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 31 2021 - 10:08 AM

I work as a Case Investigator for DOH and we are still at a level of 1200-1300 new cases a day on Long Island.
There are still people being hospitalized and I know this from personal contact with these people.

The good news is that there are now treatments, and if given early they appear to be highly effective.

The cocktail they gave President Trump was very effective. People claimed to have felt incredibly better the following day.
  • only7rounds2 likes this

#10 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 31 2021 - 11:34 AM

The cocktail they gave President Trump was very effective. People claimed to have felt incredibly better the following day.

There are two: Regeneron (Trump) and "BAM" from Eli Lilly.

They are giving them at St Joes in Bethpage, St Francis in Roslyn, and North Shore Manhasset.

They have to be given soon after infection, the window is small.

But everyone I have monitored who got the infusion has recovered fairly quickly.

• boosti likes this

#11 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6368 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted March 31 2021 - 11:43 AM

I have to ask the question. When you say "new cases," are you referring to so-called positive test results or people with real symptoms? People I know, who are in the medical field, tell me that the false positive rate, on those quickie tests, is way over 50%. They also tell me that, if the same person tests more than once, each "positive" is reported as a "new" case.

Gary

#12 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 31 2021 - 12:53 PM

I have to ask the question. When you say "new cases," are you referring to so-called positive test results or people with real symptoms? People I know, who are in the medical field, tell me that the false positive rate, on those quickie tests, is way over 50%. They also tell me that, if the same person tests more than once, each "positive" is reported as a "new" case.

Gary

First of all, we call based on a positive result being transmitted to the State. Probably around 8-10% of the people I call have no symptoms at the time of the call, the rest do.

If a person tests positive within 90 days of the first positive, which we know does happen, it is disregarded once we verify the first test, so no, that is not a new case. UNLESS they have symptoms.

I agree that the rapid tests suck, however, we get MANY rapid positives who also have symptoms. That is not rocket science. Positive plus symptoms = infected.

Also, it is common practice in many walk in providers to do a PCR when the rapid is positive. So far, MOST of the rapid positives are confirmed with a PCR test.

We also get some negative rapids and a positive PCR. That also happens.

• rlitman likes this

#13 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• 2196 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted March 31 2021 - 02:50 PM

Gary

Not quite.  

The total case count is based on a count of individuals, not positive tests, so no, a second positive test of an individual would not represent a new case.

However, the positivity rate is the number of positive results in a given day, divided by the number of tests administered on that same day.  So, I believe that the positivitiy rate FOR THAT DAY that the positive test was administered would go up.

As for the false positives, no, antigen testing false positives are nowhere near 50%.  More like 15% at worst.  The false negative rate however is often higher than 50%.

• only7rounds2 likes this

#14 BrandonS8

BrandonS8

Respected Gunowner

• 239 posts
  • Locationnesconset

Posted March 31 2021 - 03:44 PM

In 2017 2.8 million Americans died. In 2018 that number increased by 20K. In 2019 the number increased by 17K. 2020 saw an increase of 57K. So what happened to the 400,000 people who died of covid? The numbers are fake.

Actually your post is fake.

Here is the facts:

A chart circulating online claims to demonstrate that the annual U.S. death toll has not changed significantly in 2020 amid COVID-19. 

This is wrong and ignores that the virus has killed more than 290,000 Americans to-date, the most in any country in the world. 

The data used for 2019 is not final and the figures presented for 2020 are incomplete. Other CDC data also refutes the claim’s premise, with an estimation of hundreds of thousands of excess American deaths attributed to the virus this year.

False. 

• rlitman and only7rounds2 like this

#15 DozerD9

DozerD9

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 31 2021 - 06:49 PM

Buddy of mine was just in Winthrop Hospital in Mineola with Covid, he was pretty sick. They gave him the Trump cocktail (I thought he said Remdesivir), he was feeling better after 3 days but he had to stay in the hospital for the full 5 day dose. I asked him if he requested it or they just gave it to him and he said that's what they're giving Covid patients there. He's home now and feels great!

#16 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 31 2021 - 07:45 PM

Remdesivir is an antiviral

Regeneron and BAM are the antibody infusions

#17 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 01 2021 - 08:49 AM

I received the the second Pfizer vaccine, it’s definitely worse, chills, slight fever and the soreness. Took my second dose of Tylenol to help with fever and pain reduction. My mom had her second dose Moderna yesterday. She is experiencing the soreness and slight chills.
The nurse was very sweet, she told me to drink plenty of fluids and rest. Take Tylenol if necessary. They said Staples and Office Max are offering for free to laminate the vaccine cards.

#18 Tom Mac

Tom Mac

Gun Guru

• 1425 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted April 01 2021 - 09:07 AM

Boosti... you mean the CDC vaccine cards after shots ?

#19 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 01 2021 - 09:39 AM

Boosti... you mean the CDC vaccine cards after shots ?

Yes, they’re two cards. With the date, time and location and name of RN that administers the vaccine . A printed sticker is placed on both cards.

#20 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 26050 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 01 2021 - 12:05 PM

I received the the second Pfizer vaccine, it’s definitely worse, chills, slight fever and the soreness. Took my second dose of Tylenol to help with fever and pain reduction. My mom had her second dose Moderna yesterday. She is experiencing the soreness and slight chills.
The nurse was very sweet, she told me to drink plenty of fluids and rest. Take Tylenol if necessary. They said Staples and Office Max are offering for free to laminate the vaccine cards.

You could always take a picture of the card with your phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users