CC Opinion - Page 2 - Semi-Auto [Handguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

CC Opinion

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 DozerD9

DozerD9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 25 2021 - 11:28 AM

Good morning all, so I've been doing a little research regarding the now three choices. Here is what I came up with...

Glock 43X                        L 6.5"      W 1.1"     HT. 5.04"      Weight w/MT Mag 18.7 oz.    Barrel 3.42"     Price (Cabellas) $530

M&P Shield Plus              L 6.1"      W 1.1"     HT. 4.6"        Weight w/MT Mag  17.9 oz.   Barrel 3.1"       Price (Cabellas) $550

Sig P365                          L 5.8"       W 1.0"     HT. 4.3"        Weight w/MT Mag 17.8 oz.    Barrel 3.1"     Price (Cabellas) $530

Sig 365XL                        L 6.6"       W 1.1"     HT. 4.8"        Weight w/ MT Mag 20.6 oz.   Barrel 3.7"     Price (Cabellas) $650

I used Cabellas pricing just as a comparison because they post their prices online, I know there are deals to be had with other shops. I can also get the Glock $100 cheaper, $430 because Glock has special pricing for LEO's and Retired Military. So looking at the comparison, the P365 seems to be the choice size-wise for small concealed carry. I did watch some video's of the 365 and it seems there is (was?) a problem with the mag release button, difficult to release the mag at times, anybody encounter this? Next smallest would be the M&P. Regarding the suggestions to take a Sig XL frame and put the 365 slide on it, I'm guessing that would solve the mag release problem but would make the gun itself bigger, L 5.8"  W 1.1"   HT. 4.8"   Weight w/ MT Mag (approximately) 19 oz.  Barrel 3.1" So that configuration would be ALMOST the same as the M&P, would be a touch shorter and a touch heavier. Plus I would have to buy 2 guns (or parts of 2 guns) and that would add to the already hefty price tag of the XL. Any thoughts? Plus what about brand quality, I guess they've all been around forever, any personal preference. I do like that the M&P is made in America and comes with a lifetime warranty. O.K., fire away! Figuratively of course! Thanks...

• yossarianlives likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 KPvette

KPvette

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 480 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 25 2021 - 12:22 PM

I have the 43x and the Sig P365 SAS and I would choose the SIG all day everyday.  The 43x is nice but the double stack frame is too fat for me.  I like a single stack frame and I still get 10 rounds.  Good luck with your selection.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#23 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 25 2021 - 02:04 PM

Good morning all, so I've been doing a little research regarding the now three choices. Here is what I came up with...

Glock 43X                        L 6.5"      W 1.1"     HT. 5.04"      Weight w/MT Mag 18.7 oz.    Barrel 3.42"     Price (Cabellas) $530

M&P Shield Plus              L 6.1"      W 1.1"     HT. 4.6"        Weight w/MT Mag  17.9 oz.   Barrel 3.1"       Price (Cabellas) $550

Sig P365                          L 5.8"       W 1.0"     HT. 4.3"        Weight w/MT Mag 17.8 oz.    Barrel 3.1"     Price (Cabellas) $530

Sig 365XL                        L 6.6"       W 1.1"     HT. 4.8"        Weight w/ MT Mag 20.6 oz.   Barrel 3.7"     Price (Cabellas) $650

I used Cabellas pricing just as a comparison because they post their prices online, I know there are deals to be had with other shops. I can also get the Glock $100 cheaper, $430 because Glock has special pricing for LEO's and Retired Military. So looking at the comparison, the P365 seems to be the choice size-wise for small concealed carry. I did watch some video's of the 365 and it seems there is (was?) a problem with the mag release button, difficult to release the mag at times, anybody encounter this? Next smallest would be the M&P. Regarding the suggestions to take a Sig XL frame and put the 365 slide on it, I'm guessing that would solve the mag release problem but would make the gun itself bigger, L 5.8"  W 1.1"   HT. 4.8"   Weight w/ MT Mag (approximately) 19 oz.  Barrel 3.1" So that configuration would be ALMOST the same as the M&P, would be a touch shorter and a touch heavier. Plus I would have to buy 2 guns (or parts of 2 guns) and that would add to the already hefty price tag of the XL. Any thoughts? Plus what about brand quality, I guess they've all been around forever, any personal preference. I do like that the M&P is made in America and comes with a lifetime warranty. O.K., fire away! Figuratively of course! Thanks...

You should also consider the Springfield Armory Hellcat. If you are active LE, you will have 13+1 and 11+1 magazines in a very subcompact reliable pistol. The Sig Sauer P365 did have many problems. The Hellcat offers the OSP model that allows you to use a micro red dot sight and use a weapon laser/light on the frame rail.
  • DozerD9 likes this

#24 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2557 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted March 25 2021 - 03:58 PM

[quote name="boosti" post="2459619" timestamp="1616699043"]You should also consider the Springfield Armory Hellcat. If you are active LE, you will have 13+1 and 11+1 magazines in a very subcompact reliable pistol. The Sig Sauer P365 did have many problems. The Hellcat offers the OSP model that allows you to use a micro red dot sight and use a weapon laser/light on the frame rail.[/quote

At this point in time, Any issues Sig Had with the P365 have been corrected quite a while ago As for the XL frame with standard Slide making the pistol too large. Almost identical in size to the standard 365 with the 12 Round magazine in it. A non issue in my opinion, as far as concealment.
One of my nephews bought the Sig, the other bought the Springfield. Neither has anything negative to say about either gun.
  • DozerD9 likes this

#25 DozerD9

DozerD9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 25 2021 - 04:31 PM

You should also consider the Springfield Armory Hellcat. If you are active LE, you will have 13+1 and 11+1 magazines in a very subcompact reliable pistol. The Sig Sauer P365 did have many problems. The Hellcat offers the OSP model that allows you to use a micro red dot sight and use a weapon laser/light on the frame rail.

Thank you, just doing some research on this, looks interesting. And they offer the same discount program as Glock, actually better dollar-wise. I'm not LE but Retired Military, 24 years, USN. I'll be watching some video's and reviews tonight...

#26 DozerD9

DozerD9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 25 2021 - 04:33 PM

[quote name="boosti" post="2459619" timestamp="1616699043"]You should also consider the Springfield Armory Hellcat. If you are active LE, you will have 13+1 and 11+1 magazines in a very subcompact reliable pistol. The Sig Sauer P365 did have many problems. The Hellcat offers the OSP model that allows you to use a micro red dot sight and use a weapon laser/light on the frame rail.[/quote

At this point in time, Any issues Sig Had with the P365 have been corrected quite a while ago As for the XL frame with standard Slide making the pistol too large. Almost identical in size to the standard 365 with the 12 Round magazine in it. A non issue in my opinion, as far as concealment.
One of my nephews bought the Sig, the other bought the Springfield. Neither has anything negative to say about either gun.

Thank you Sir, I'll check the Springfield out and if all good buy it next week. 

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#27 DozerD9

DozerD9

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 25 2021 - 04:36 PM

Thank you, just doing some research on this, looks interesting. And they offer the same discount program as Glock, actually better dollar-wise. I'm not LE but Retired Military, 24 years, USN. I'll be watching some video's and reviews tonight. They do offer the same lifetime warranty as the M&P but they are made in Croatia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users