APEX trigger install - Semi-Auto [Handguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

APEX trigger install

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ironshaolin

ironshaolin

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1125 posts

Posted March 16 2021 - 01:15 PM

I bought an APEX kit for my gen 1 m&p. Previously I had dark storm install the same kit on another m&p I have, but when I took this one down they said they are no longer doing that work. Does anyone know any other gun shops on the island who would do the work? Or is someone on here have the tools and know what to do? I don't trust myself to get it right.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6384 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted March 17 2021 - 06:23 AM

I bought an APEX kit for my gen 1 m&p. Previously I had dark storm install the same kit on another m&p I have, but when I took this one down they said they are no longer doing that work. Does anyone know any other gun shops on the island who would do the work? Or is someone on here have the tools and know what to do? I don't trust myself to get it right.

Try Benson's Gun Shop, in Coram. They have an excellent gunsmith.

Gary

• scaryblackplastic likes this

#3 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 803 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted March 17 2021 - 03:02 PM

Why not watch a few youtube videos and try it out. Just dont lose any parts...worst case is that you'll need a smith to do the swap. It doesn't look that hard....

• TJ Ironhorse and scaryblackplastic like this

#4 baronsydney

baronsydney

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 105 posts

Posted March 17 2021 - 05:34 PM

I just put an Apex into my Glock. Apex has a step by step on youtube. Pretty easy. If you cant put it back together then bring it to Bensons.

#5 ironshaolin

ironshaolin

Gun Guru

• 1125 posts

Posted March 17 2021 - 06:54 PM

I took my AK to bensons to install an ALG trigger I got, which is considered to be one of the best AK upgrades. They looked at me like I was a terrible human for suggesting the swap. I watched the videos, I need an action block and another piece, plus a vice which I don't have living in an apartment. Would also need a punch to remove rear sight to replace the striker block, way too many tools and no place in my tiny apartment to store them so I'd rather a smith.

#6 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 803 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted March 17 2021 - 07:54 PM

I took my AK to bensons to install an ALG trigger I got, which is considered to be one of the best AK upgrades. They looked at me like I was a terrible human for suggesting the swap. I watched the videos, I need an action block and another piece, plus a vice which I don't have living in an apartment. Would also need a punch to remove rear sight to replace the striker block, way too many tools and no place in my tiny apartment to store them so I'd rather a smith.

Get one of these (I've used it on many of handguns):

https://www.amazon.c...16028889&sr=8-3

It is useful to help zero your gun and can easily push sights.

I have one and used it countless times.

It works great and is easy to store.

Just be extra careful to avoid jamming the moving part onto the receiver (check that the height of the receiver is below the moving pusher). I dont think it will hurt the gun, but the sight pusher is made from aluminum and can break if stressed too hard.

#7 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2564 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted March 17 2021 - 08:04 PM

Its been a while, but I did the apex duty/carry package on my Shield. I remember it being easy enough todo. Just follow along on YouTube video. Pause as needed. You will be pleasantly surprised when you’re done. Keep us posted

#8 ironshaolin

ironshaolin

Gun Guru

• 1125 posts

Posted April 28 2021 - 12:08 PM

Follow up. Hunter sports said they would do it. They said 3-5 days when I dropped it. It's been a month. Everytime I call it says they can't answer the phone and I should email. I've sent 2 emails now with no response. Gonna have to find time to drive there and see what's up.
  • TJ Ironhorse and scaryblackplastic like this

#9 MRR

MRR

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 486 posts

Posted April 28 2021 - 06:21 PM

Hunter Essentials in Albertson did my APEX trigger in my gen 1 M&P. Nice feeling trigger though I didn't like the reset as I could not feel it. I then had them put a reset assist kit which made it better. 

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#10 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 803 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted April 29 2021 - 09:26 AM

Hunter Essentials in Albertson did my APEX trigger in my gen 1 M&P. Nice feeling trigger though I didn't like the reset as I could not feel it. I then had them put a reset assist kit which made it better. 

Bruce is a good guy at Hunter Essentials. I like his 1 room store. I haven't visited since the pandemic; does he have guns still or did his entire inventory get bought?

#11 MRR

MRR

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 486 posts

Posted April 29 2021 - 12:46 PM

Bruce is a good guy at Hunter Essentials. I like his 1 room store. I haven't visited since the pandemic; does he have guns still or did his entire inventory get bought?

Does have pistols there and NY compliant ARs, and shotguns there (though the budget kind). Normally can order things if not in stock but he says it's just about impossible to special order anything nowadays. If you havn't been there for a while he redecorated and renovated so the place is bigger. Ammo he has but expensive. Box of 9mm is $42. 

• tomjoe likes this

#12 ironshaolin

ironshaolin

Gun Guru

• 1125 posts

Posted April 30 2021 - 02:16 PM

2nd follow up. Got an email response from hunter sports, trigger is done and looks and feels great. They apparently tried to call me but I never got the voice mail for some reason. Great store though and good people working there.

#13 Bystander

Bystander

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNys

Posted May 01 2021 - 10:16 AM

Why not watch a few youtube videos and try it out. Just dont lose any parts...worst case is that you'll need a smith to do the swap. It doesn't look that hard....

Ain’t we not supposed doing any work on our firearms without a gunsmith license according to one of our new idiotic laws?

#14 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 803 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted May 02 2021 - 11:04 PM

Ain’t we not supposed doing any work on our firearms without a gunsmith license according to one of our new idiotic laws?

I’m pretty sure they wont be able to enforce this one...but I don’t know if the bill was passed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users