Jerry’s firearms raided - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Jerry’s firearms raided

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 depiazzy

depiazzy

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 136 posts
  • Locationislip

Posted March 07 2021 - 06:12 PM

Anyone know why Jerry’s was raided and both him and his son were arrested on multiple counts of felony charged ?
  • tomjoe likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 07 2021 - 07:10 PM

Maybe they decided his "kits" were not legal after all?

Of course, if that is the case that is trouble for all his buyers.

When did this happen? The case can be viewed on eCourts once they are arraigned.

#3 Fully loaded

Fully loaded

Respected Gunowner

• 140 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 07 2021 - 07:26 PM

I heard they were raided due to their crazy insane prices.
  • OneLowRider likes this

#4 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 07 2021 - 08:13 PM

Here is the info. Appears the charges go back to 2018!

Suspect they are charging that his fixed mag guns are not legal.

Time will tell.

We know they love to arrest gun dealers.

Attached Thumbnails

• jerryarrest.jpg
  • jerrycharges.png

#5 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2557 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted March 07 2021 - 08:28 PM

Fixed mag guns not legal? Hmm, I have seen these fixed guns being sold at several gun shows in Long Island and Upstate over the past few years. How can they be illegal? Have also seen them being shot at Mitchell field. Gray area in the unsafe act?

Edited by TJ Ironhorse, March 07 2021 - 08:29 PM.

• Swstock likes this

#6 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1992 posts

Posted March 07 2021 - 08:57 PM

Doing some research one story is he was selling things not in compliance with the SAFE ACT and had his FFL pulled but continued to sell guns???That can't be true can it?

#7 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 07 2021 - 09:05 PM

Doing some research one story is he was selling things not in compliance with the SAFE ACT and had his FFL pulled but continued to sell guns???That can't be true can it?

No. In fact he has a class 7 manufacturers FFL. That may play into this case, he can legally buy and modify "assault weapons".

#8 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7075 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 07 2021 - 10:06 PM

No. In fact he has a class 7 manufacturers FFL. That may play into this case, he can legally buy and modify "assault weapons".

I read that he lost his NYS gun dealer license and stopped selling pistols, but that was a few months ago, not in 2018. So, it seems likely that at least some of the charges have nothing to do with anything that happened after he lost the NYS dealer license.

The best speculation I have seen is that the charges pertain to either:

a) "Others" (Full featured semi autos with arm braces instead of butt stocks that some claim are not considered rifles because they are supposedly not designed to be shouldered)

B) Semi auto rifles with Kydex wraps around the pistol grips (fin style) that some claim make the grips no longer count as pistol grips.

c) Both a and b. I believe he has sold a large number of both of these types of guns where compliance is questionable.

#9 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7075 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 07 2021 - 10:09 PM

I believe he had his NYS dealers license pulled a few months ago and was forced to stop selling handguns. I doubt his FFL was pulled. If he kept selling without that he would likely be facing Federal charges.

#10 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 07 2021 - 10:13 PM

A couple of things:
1. If this is true, we might get an actual Court ruling on what is "legal". That is probably not a good thing.

2. If he lost his NYS dealers license he could no longer possess an "assault weapon" for LEO sales or anything else. So he could not take in a standard AR-15 and apply a mag lock or whatever.

• boosti likes this

#11 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 07 2021 - 10:14 PM

I believe he had his NYS dealers license pulled a few months ago and was forced to stop selling handguns. I doubt his FFL was pulled. If he kept selling without that he would likely be facing Federal charges.

No, the Feds do not YET have "assault weapons" laws. It would be a State violation.

#12 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 08 2021 - 06:26 AM

In New Jersey , you can own a Troy A4 Other AR legally. The NJSP have a letter allowing it.

#13 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7075 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 08 2021 - 07:57 AM

No, the Feds do not YET have "assault weapons" laws. It would be a State violation.

Um, if he lost his FFL he couldn't legally be in the business of selling ANY guns and the ATF would be all over him for running an unlicensed gun shop.

He lost his NYS dealers license. That may or may not be part of the issue.

#14 packetloss

packetloss

Sharp Shooter!

• 313 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 08 2021 - 08:44 AM

Um, if he lost his FFL he couldn't legally be in the business of selling ANY guns and the ATF would be all over him for running an unlicensed gun shop.

He lost his NYS dealers license. That may or may not be part of the issue.

But he didn't lose it in 2018 though (if he lost it) as that is when the earliest charges stem from.

#15 packetloss

packetloss

Sharp Shooter!

• 313 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 08 2021 - 08:46 AM

A couple of things:
1. If this is true, we might get an actual Court ruling on what is "legal". That is probably not a good thing.

Double edged sword.  Not being clear on what is legal or not may give a false sense of security as to what they will or will not go after, but then you end up with situations like this where they bend their definition whenever they feel like it.  Seems like this case wasn't "blatant" breaking of the law, otherwise they wouldn't be arresting him now for things he was doing in 2018.  If there was a clear delineation of what is legal and what is not, then the county can't just make things up as they go.

#16 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7075 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 08 2021 - 09:10 AM

But he didn't lose it in 2018 though (if he lost it) as that is when the earliest charges stem from.

Yes, I know.  I think it is clear that at least some of the charges have nothing to do with him not having a NYS dealer's license, and those charges might be the cause of him losing it. 

The November 2018 date is presumably when the date of the first incident.  We have no idea what the incident dates of the other charges are.

That said, when I think about it, I think it is probably unlikely that he kept selling guns or lowers that could not be sold without a NYS dealer's license, after it was revoked.    He had to know what happened to Chester, and I also believe he stopped selling the guns of questionable compliance after the raid a few months back.    

I am guessing that most of the charges or for the Kydex wrapped pistol grip rifles and possibly for others.   

I am surprised the Suffolk DA didn't have a big press conference about this, as they love to trumpet it when they nail a gun shop owner, even if the charges are flimsy or mostly technical in nature. 

#17 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 08 2021 - 09:38 AM

Yes, I know.  I think it is clear that at least some of the charges have nothing to do with him not having a NYS dealer's license, and those charges might be the cause of him losing it. 

The November 2018 date is presumably when the date of the first incident.  We have no idea what the incident dates of the other charges are.

That said, when I think about it, I think it is probably unlikely that he kept selling guns or lowers that could not be sold without a NYS dealer's license, after it was revoked.    He had to know what happened to Chester, and I also believe he stopped selling the guns of questionable compliance after the raid a few months back.    

I am guessing that most of the charges or for the Kydex wrapped pistol grip rifles and possibly for others.   

I am surprised the Suffolk DA didn't have a big press conference about this, as they love to trumpet it when they nail a gun shop owner, even if the charges are flimsy or mostly technical in nature.

Chester was playing very dirty, the DA had enough evidence from customers to go forward with a press conference using a firearm used in a murder. He took a plea to avoid a very long prison sentence.

#18 BUGZ

BUGZ

Sharp Shooter!

• 454 posts
  • LocationEX--Long Islander

Posted March 08 2021 - 09:58 AM

ok I give who the hell is Jerry?

#19 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 08 2021 - 10:14 AM

ok I give who the hell is Jerry?

A small gun shop in Bohemia. He was originally a part of the original LIF with the sticker on his yellow hummer H2.

#20 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2740 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted March 08 2021 - 10:16 AM

All I can say is           ONLY IN NEW YORK !

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users