Court Rules Shockwave is legal in NY - Page 2 - Pump [Shotguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Court Rules Shockwave is legal in NY

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2740 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted March 03 2021 - 04:48 PM

Do they make this puppy in 16 or 20 gauge ? if so I will get in line and take my chances

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 4DR ZR1

4DR ZR1

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted March 03 2021 - 05:11 PM

You can get it in 12 gauge or 20 gauge.

#23 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 03 2021 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, but very few people make a shockwave a part of their EDC.   I think it is totally feasible that a person whose car is searched during a traffic stop or who has a shockwave in plain sight could get arrested by a cop who is confused by NYS's gun laws and prosecuted by an overzealous anti-Gun DA.   

If it is in plain sight it is probably an offense of some kind. Has to be locked in the trunk.

#24 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11404 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 03 2021 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, but very few people make a shockwave a part of their EDC. I think it is totally feasible that a person whose car is searched during a traffic stop or who has a shockwave in plain sight could get arrested by a cop who is confused by NYS's gun laws and prosecuted by an overzealous anti-Gun DA.

If the driver was driving dirty , illegal drugs etc. The officer during inventory found an unloaded Shockwave in a case secured. Could the officer charge the driver for Criminal possession of a weapon?

#25 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 03 2021 - 11:19 PM

If the driver was driving dirty , illegal drugs etc. The officer during inventory found an unloaded Shockwave in a case secured. Could the officer charge the driver for Criminal possession of a weapon?

Interesting question. Since it is not a firearm (under State law) I think he would have to establish intent to use unlawfully.

#26 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 784 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted March 06 2021 - 10:44 PM

NYC logic:
it makes loud noises. Arrest the owner.
It fires projectiles. Arrest the owner.
It is fun to own. Arrest the owner.
It shoots arrows. Arrest the owner.
It is all black in color. Arrest the owner. (Take that in any way you want).
It is scary looking. Arrest the owner.
It has a part that goes up. Arrest the owner.

It sends 25,000 elderly people to their death. Elect him governor.
  • only7rounds2 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users