Golf Accessory? - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Golf Accessory?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25991 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted February 23 2021 - 01:12 PM

X Products X1 Stand Alone Drink Can and Golf Ball Launcher

X-Products-X1-Stand-Alone-Launcher-1-660

Many of you are probably familiar with the X Products Can Cannon, an AR-15 upper receiver assembly that allows launching muzzle-loaded beverage cans using blank cartridges. At SHOT Show 2020, the company introduced the FORE golf ball launching adapter for the Can Cannon. The latest addition to this product line is the X1 Stand Alone Launcher. Let’s take a closer look.

As its name implies, the X Products X1 Stand Alone Launcher does not require any additional parts to work. It’s like a giant break-action single-shot obrez or lupara. According to the description seen on the company’s website, this launcher is 3D printed and machined. Like the Can Cannon, the X1 Stand Alone Launcher also utilizes blank cartridges for propelling the projectiles. It is capable of launching soda cans and presumably other projectiles designed by X Products for the Can Cannon (grappling hookfishing spearlauncher ballslauncher cups, etc.). It also has a golf ball launching adapter that can be threaded into the larger drink can barrel as shown in the picture below.

X-Products-X1-Stand-Alone-Launcher-2.jpg

The MSRP of the X Products X1 Stand Alone Launcher is $399.99. Right now you can reserve one with a $20 deposit. The X1 Stand Alone Launcher is legally not a firearm and it should be possible to deliver it to your doorstep without any paperwork although the company’s website says that “delivery is slated for late 2021, pending ATF approval“… fingers crossed.

X-Products-X1-Stand-Alone-Launcher-4.jpg

I

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6348 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted February 24 2021 - 07:20 AM

I couldn't find any indication of the speed or force, at which it launches the soda cans. It just says the cans can be sent as far as 105 yards. I have to wonder what would happen, if someone was hit, center mass, with one of these propelled soda cans.

Gary

#3 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25991 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted February 24 2021 - 07:58 AM

NYS is probably drafting legislation as we speak to ban them.

#4 Tom Mac

Tom Mac

Gun Guru

• 1409 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted February 24 2021 - 08:42 AM

looks good to launch wires up into trees for ham radio antennas ( attach wire to shot object )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users