Read and weep or get extremely angry.
Now you will know why Republicans are blocking this 2.2 trillion-dollar congressional bill! It’s hard to believe but look it up, on the Congressional website for HR 748, from the 116th Congress. Here’s the direct link: https://www.congress.../house-bill/748.
American population: 330,483,530
Stimulus bill: $2,000,000,000,000 ($2 trillion).
Dividing the cost by every American is $6,051.74.
The government could have given every person over $6,000 but, instead, wants to give $1,200, to each adult, under a certain income. Want to know where the missing 96% of your tax dollars will go, if the Dems have their way? Here you go:
1. $300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance pg. 147
2. $10,000 per person for student loan bailout
3. $100,000,000 to NASA, because, who knows why
4. $20,000,000,000 to the USPS, because why the hell not
5. $300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts - because it exists
6. $300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities/ because no one even knew that was a thing
7. $15,000,000 for Veterans Employment Training / for when the GI Bill isn't enough
8. $435,000,000 for mental health support
9. $30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/ because that will keep people employed (all those zeros can be confusing, that’s $30 BILLION)
10. $200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program
11. $300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR has to be bought by the Democrats
12. $500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who the hell knows how they are going to use it?
13. $720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000 is to help people. The rest is for admin costs
14. $25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / I kid you not it's on page 136
15. $7,500,000 to the Smithsonian, for additional salaries
16. $35,000,000 to the JFK Center for Performing Arts
17. $25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives
18. $3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA
19. $315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs
20. $95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development
21. $300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance
22. $90,000,000 for the Peace Corp pg. 148
23. $13,000,000 to Howard University pg. 121
24. $9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg. 134
25. $100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers pg. 162. This is of note, because the airlines are going to need billions, in loans, to keep them afloat ($100,000,000 is chump change, for them.)
26. $40,000,000,000 goes to the Take Responsibility to Workers and Families Act This sounds like it's direct payments for workers pg. 164
27. $1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg. 163
28. $25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg. 165
29. $492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg. 167
30. $526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak, to remain available, if needed, through 2021 pg. 168 (what are the odds that doesn't go unused). Hidden, on page 174, the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds, then notify Congress
31. $25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg. 169
32. $3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg. 172
33. $5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg. 172
34. $2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg. 175
35. $5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg. 175
36. $2,500,000 Office of Housing
What DOES ALL of this have to do with the Virus????
(Are you angry yet? This information should be shared, with everyone.)