Second Shot...Now What? - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Second Shot...Now What?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 4067 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted February 16 2021 - 06:57 AM

What an ordeal.  I drove to Miami's Hard Rock Stadium yesterday and waited on line for 3 1/2 hours to get my second shot.  The first shot I waited 1 1/2 hours.  I came to find out that yesterday they were administering some people's first and other people's second shots on the same day so the wait was more than double.  I left my house at 11 AM and returned at 5 PM.  It's given in the car and you never have to leave the comfort of your vehicle for the whole time.  

My point is what now?  OK I've been vaccinated.   It's still gonna be a long time until a semblance of normal returns, if ever.  I miss live entertainment and my previous life.  My grandchildren, one of whom I've never met, and two who I've met only once won't know a world without masks for a long time.  

Just me venting but this is so messed up.

• willgrah likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 tkovacs9520

tkovacs9520

Respected Gunowner

• 179 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 08:23 AM

The masks social distancing and control will never end.This is just the beginning of there plan.
https://youtu.be/_dwX4MSZ_9k
Not a huge fan of Ben but the only clip I could find with psaki talking about it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#3 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4991 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted February 16 2021 - 08:37 AM

Scheduled for my second on the 26th.   It really won't change much except peace of mind since I figure if I do catch it it won't be much, and definitely not life threatening.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#4 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 183 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 08:59 AM

I'm one week past my second shot. Things went smooth and fast at the Jones Beach mass vaccination center. I was in & out in less then 45min.  Many people there had been rescheduled because of prior snow storms but got rescheduled quickly. I've gotta give state government credit for running such an efficient operation even though the facility was manned by military, medical, police & civilians from all over the place. I was somewhat surprised at just how pleasant and professional EVERYONE at the center was. Kudos to them all. 

As for mask wearing - that little annoyance won't be going away any time soon. With variants migrating around and the vaccine only providing a reduced protection to some of the current ones; who knows where any of this is going. I'm also anticipating annual (revised) booster shots. Frankly, the world has changed as we knew it.

• pequa1 likes this

#5 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4991 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 10:34 AM

Charlie-NY-    any adverse reaction to the second shot ?

#6 wwolf

wwolf

Sharp Shooter!

• 405 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 16 2021 - 03:05 PM

For post covid people, only one shot of vaccine is probably needed.

https://www.timesofi...ntibodies-fade/

#7 baronsydney

baronsydney

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 103 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 04:23 PM

One day at a time...keep hoping things will get better.

#8 Kansas City

Kansas City

Respected Gunowner

• 202 posts
  • LocationHunt

Posted February 16 2021 - 05:26 PM

I would never get the vaccine they skipped the trials so we are the mice that normally would get the trial shots. There have been many Doctors coming out against getting vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 183 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 08:18 PM

Charlie-NY-    any adverse reaction to the second shot ?

No - My wife and I were both reaction free. A sore arm like you get with a flu shot but that's it.

My daughter and son-in-law are teachers and both got the shots too. Daughter is a petite thing and was concerned about getting sick but had no adverse reactions like her parents. Son-in-law is a very healthy young guy who works out all the time and is a marathon cyclist. He was sure that he'd be fine. But to the surprise of everyone, he got sick about 12 hrs after the shot. He said he felt like he was run over by a garbage truck. He had recurring fevers for a day and a half. By the second day after the shot he was well on the way to feeling good again.

#10 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 183 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 08:23 PM

I would never get the vaccine they skipped the trials so we are the mice that normally would get the trial shots. There have been many Doctors coming out against getting vaccinated.

Huh? There were 40,000 people in the Pfizer trial. (Yes, people not rats but animals were also used in the earliest stages)

Those who choose to NOT get the vaccine shouldn't bother. But from what I've seen, NYers are tripping over themselves to get to the front of the line. Virtually every state run vaccination site is fully booked until May or so.

#11 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• 2189 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted February 16 2021 - 09:31 PM

No trials were skipped. The phase 1 & 2 trials were run concurrently, but the phase three trials were run just like any normal trial. And that’s what took so long. The actual Pfizer vaccine was developed over the first weekend after the virus was genetically sequenced. After that 48 hours, everything between then and now was trials.
  • pequa1 and Yanke1624 like this

#12 Kansas City

Kansas City

Respected Gunowner

• 202 posts
  • LocationHunt

Posted February 16 2021 - 09:35 PM

So then no worries right??! Line up get your shots make sure you wear 3 masks and kiss China Joe’s Ring oh and say hello to Bill Gates for me you do know he bought 240 thousand acres of farm land so he farm??? Or because if you control the food you control the people!!!!!

#13 tkovacs9520

tkovacs9520

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 179 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 10:50 PM

So then no worries right??! Line up get your shots make sure you wear 3 masks and kiss China Joe’s Ring oh and say hello to Bill Gates for me you do know he bought 240 thousand acres of farm land so he farm??? Or because if you control the food you control the people!!!!!

https://www.marketwa...eef-11613516694

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#14 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 4067 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted February 17 2021 - 06:03 AM

Second day I really felt it.  I went home from Miami feeling good with no side effects.  The morning after was a whole other story.  My temp rose from 99.8 to 101.8.  I had body and joint aches everywhere, headache, and some chills.  Now it's Wednesday and I woke up feeling almost normal again.  For those of you still working I'd recommend getting the shot (especially the 2nd one) on a Friday so you have the weekend to recover.

#15 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4991 posts

Posted February 17 2021 - 07:32 AM

Found someone herein to "block / ignore."   If KC says anything worth knowing, PM me please, lol.

For those of you who believe in science, as my doc says (and a retired virologist on my favored fishing website says) the crappy reaction just means that the vaccine is working to protect.

• rlitman likes this

#16 Kansas City

Kansas City

Respected Gunowner

• 202 posts
  • LocationHunt

Posted February 17 2021 - 08:21 AM

Please don’t believe anything I say do your own research enjoy the koolaid and remember to wear 3 masks you believe what you like and I will do the same we can certainly agree to disagree. I am extremely glad I left that state don’t miss comrade Cuomo that’s for sure happy to live in a free state where Governor is a pro gun guy and everyone has a right to carry if they wish and where wearing a mask is not required. Unless you drank the koolaid....

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#17 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• 2189 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted February 17 2021 - 12:00 PM

Found someone herein to "block / ignore."   If KC says anything worth knowing, PM me please, lol.

For those of you who believe in science, as my doc says (and a retired virologist on my favored fishing website says) the crappy reaction just means that the vaccine is working to protect.

Don't go holding your breath waiting for my PM.  ;)

I said basically the same thing to a relative who had a minor fever after the second shot.  Her concern was that as someone who was immunocompromised, she was not sure if the vaccine would even help.  I pointed out that the lack of a reaction does not mean much, but having the reaction she had was pretty good proof that her immune system was indeed working as intended.

• pequa1 likes this

#18 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• 235 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted February 17 2021 - 03:55 PM

Huh? There were 40,000 people in the Pfizer trial. (Yes, people not rats but animals were also used in the earliest stages)

Those who choose to NOT get the vaccine shouldn't bother. But from what I've seen, NYers are tripping over themselves to get to the front of the line. Virtually every state run vaccination site is fully booked until May or so.

Yes a testament to how well run and planned the program is by NYS. At 75 yrs and a heart patient I can't get an appointment.

#19 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 183 posts

Posted February 17 2021 - 05:06 PM

Yes a testament to how well run and planned the program is by NYS. At 75 yrs and a heart patient I can't get an appointment.

My comments were directed at the Jones Beach vaccination operation which was remarkedly efficient.  Your criticism is valid and I can tell you that my 90 year old mother-in-law is still waiting for her appointment which isn't scheduled until mid April. She wouldn't even have that date if her granddaughter hadn't repeatedly accessed the state's site all night to get that single appointment.

To make matter worse, Cuomo just opened registration to 10 million NYers (according to him) when they added anyone, of any age, with a comorbidity and to many other categories of workers like restaurant workers, bodega workers, and other groups. 10 million NYers is probably the total number of residents that even want a vaccine shot. That means the idea of "priority person" allocations no longer exists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users